Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 08, 2024, 11:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AOS was a breeze  (Read 7419 times)
Alvin
« on: May 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife and I went to work at 5am today.  At 7am my wife was going thru the mail and guess what?  She found that we had an appointment at 10:15am for AOS in Charlotte, NC which is 3 hours from Fayetteville, NC. The notice had been mailed on May 2 but was misplaced by one of the secretaries. Closed the office immediately, went home for my wife to collect her bags, called my accountant and had her to fax my latest tax return to the office.

Arrived at the INS office in Charlotted at 10am exactly.  The door was locked with a guard standing inside.  Left my wife at the INS office and went to a near by Howard Johnson with an amicable desk person who allowed me to have my tax returns faxed to me.

The officer was extremely kind.  My wife was acting conservative and he noticed that she was pregnant and inquired about her state in a casual manner while he took her finger print to put her at ease.  

We went to his office and he started going thru my wife's file.  He asked for the tax returns and then asked her if she had been involved in any subversive movements, moral crimes, etc, to which my wife answered in a barely audible "no".

We did not have her immunization record from Saint Luke Hospital so we have to submit this within the next 12 days before her file can be sent to the next phase.

The INS officer could not have been more professional or more considerate of my wife in a her "delicate state".

The officer did not question the sincerity of our relationship or ask any questions, only wanted information and documents to complete the file.

Now the problem of remembering to refile the correct form in the 90 day period in 2 years.

Alvin

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to AOS was a breeze, posted by Alvin on May 14, 2001

I think it's obvious to most people (and yes, even government bueaurocrats) who is in a relationship and who isn't. It's nothing like that movie "Green Card" when, at the interview, the man answers every question correctly except slightly alters the name of his "wife's" face cream and fails the interview (funny movie, though.) Many years ago I saw a TV magazine show showing videoed INS interviews of fake marriages. It was so obvious. Husband 18, wife 45, he says they have four kids, she says none, he says they live in a house in LA, she says an apartment in San Francisco, etc, etc. Every one was SO blatant it was funny.

Anyway, bst ofg luck to you and best wishes for your new baby!

-- Jeff S.

Stephen
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to AOS was a breeze, posted by Alvin on May 14, 2001

Thanks for the report.  

And we're glad to hear everything is going fine with the wife's health.

Keep us posted.

Stephen & Tess

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: