Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 07:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro & questions  (Read 42629 times)
Goliath
« on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Gentlemen (At least I assume some of you are:)

Intro:
32yo
white male
middle class
no kids, never married or close
live in cold winter climate, US

Now,
Of the southern counrties what's the general consensus as to which as the "best" women? I see allot posted about Columbia. Many beautiful women there from what I've seen! What about Mexico? Closer to home!
Anyone who "knows" Mexico, are allot of the women "Americanized"? That's what I'm trying to avoid! As far as physical attributes go, I like the "Spanish" influence. Lighter skin, more anglo, not as much indian. Does that "look" exist in Mexico anymore?

More later.
Thanks.
Gol

TexasRob
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Intro & questions, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

Monterrey is very Americanized with many of the women more materialistic than most Mexican women I have met.  While I tend to be more attracted to darker features of latin women, you can find what you are looking for in Mexico easily.  In my opinion Mexican women as a rule are more conservative.  Get away from the tourist areas and spend a little time.  There are exceptions to every rule, but you should expect to spend more time developing a relationship in Mexico than some of the express romances you can read about on here.
Goliath
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Intro & questions, posted by TexasRob on Dec 16, 2001

Thanks Rob,
I'm looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with, express ain't it.I like conservative! Any suggestions on more "Spanish" looking areas? I figure the large cities would tend to be more "Amaericanized" though.
TexasRob
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

Yes, Guadalajara is the best example of a city with what you are looking for.  It is also a beautiful place to visit anyway.
Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

I'm not sure what you mean by "Americanized" but Guadalajara and other central Mexican cities (Queretero, Aguacaliente, etc. have lots of very attractive Mexicanas - many light skinned with European features - as opposed to darker indian features. Many Mexicans I know from the state of Zacatecas are tall, and very attractive, both the men and women. Many, if not most, of the central Mexican women cling to the old fashioned, close knit family virtues and values. While some may be wild and loose, most are interesed in becoming devoted, lifelong wives and mothers. Though I've met a few gold diggers (mostly in the border towns,) Mexicans in general tend to not be nearly as materilalistic as Americans. Most relish good times, laughing and friendship, good food and fun, far more than possesions. It's one of the things I respect most about their culture.
-- Jeff S.
Goliath
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Jeff S on Dec 16, 2001

Jeff,
Thanks.Guadalajara is somewhere I've thought about. Don't know much about the town. 2 concerns though:
1. Some of these women are professionals, why would they want to give up "career" in a place they know (and have probably lived in their entire life) and move to a new foreign place and be a wife and mother?
2. The above city seems tropical. It gets below zero in the winter, where I live. Don't know about that kind of enviornmental shock!
Jeff S
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

Your first concern, that the women are professionals and would not want to give up their careers is the same with women anywhere. If you want an educated profesional, they probably have pretty good prospects at home. But English speaking, educated Latinas (because of the bi-lingual ability) are in pretty high demand throughout the USA. There are many Spanish speaking immigrants living in Chicago, Detroit, New York, and other big cities, and even, these days in traditionally lilly white areas like Jackson WY and Salt Lake City.

As for weather, it gets plenty chilly in central Mexico - Colder than California where we have frosts, but not as cold as the northern US. She won't have to adapt nearly as much as the Viet Namese, Filipinas, and Central Americans who seem to make the adjustment. If she loves you she'll follow you anywhere.

- Jeff S.

NW Jim
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

If concerned about the weather adaptation, maybe you should look at a city with higher elevation. One example would be Chihuahua where it gets down to 20F in January and they have snow.
stefang
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Intro & question..., posted by NW Jim on Dec 16, 2001

When I start to have doubts if going to SA for a wife is crazy I read the personal ads near home here is a wonderful catch for anyone out there who wants a challenge. I think I would rather go for a hike in Columbia. By the way this is from Yahoo which you have to pay to join does that make her a mail order bride? She sounds expensive, cold, and boring to me but I must just be a sexist pig because I prefer a kiss to a conversation.  

Ultra-fabulous professional woman with striking intellect, passion for conversation and mind-bending analysis seeks challenging company. Not just a bit of gorgeous fluff here, gentlemen, but a strong woman who will make you wonder. I could go from a black-tie event to the back of a Harley in no time, from a grunge-rock concert to the symphony ... you get the idea. I have my own hardhat, house and life. I'm seeking a non-smoking, preferably non-drinking gentleman, professional, at least as educated as myself, who can keep up intellectually, maybe even impress me a wee bit, and certainly not be a bore. I'm not so much interested in a husband as a glorious relationship based on love, spark and mutual passion for life (but please don't contact me if you're just cruising for casual sex). A healthy dose of humor and a biting wit would help. Please be financially and emotionally secure. I'm all that, fully therapized, and almost always a charming companion. Physically -- I look like a 1940' pin-up girl in a business suit.

Kenfer8
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Here is a real catch, posted by stefang on Dec 16, 2001

I live in Boca Raton, Florida and I've seen too many ads like this. It's scary.
Cali vet
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

1940? That would make her 61. And with all those qualities, gosh! how can I meet her?!
pack
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

stop stefang!...no more i cant take it im getting sick!! i cant begin to tell you how many times iv seen ads like that...yuk!
stefang
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Here is a real catch, posted by pack on Dec 16, 2001

How in the hell is she going to find someone. She just eliminated every man in the world. I don't even think God could handle her. Oh no it's the devil the end of the world has started.
Hoda
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Here is a real catch, posted by stefang on Dec 16, 2001

put up with her...lol This woman is stuck in limbo. Can't go up, can't go down...lmao
TexasRob
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Intro & questions, posted by Jeff S on Dec 16, 2001

Oh yes I forgot Queretero, Queretero.  That is a good suggestion.  There are also some great sight seeing places not too far away.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: