Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 02:52:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CALI WINS!!!!  (Read 20858 times)
Villa in Cali
« on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

For anyone who cares.  Cali beat Medellin today in soccer.  If Cali doesn't allow Medellin to beat them on Wednesday night(8:30 pm) by more than 2 goals than Cali will be the champs of Colombia.  Today's game was in Medellin and Wednesday nights game is in Cali.  If anyone is lucky enough to be in Cali Wednesday it will be nuts sort of like when Colombia won the Copa America cup in the summer.  Even tonight they are going crazy on the streets of Cali.  

Pacino

pack
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to CALI WINS!!!!, posted by Villa in Cali on Dec 16, 2001

i was there ..in cali when they won the copa...and yes they did indeed celebrate!
Gregory
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: CALI WINS!!!!, posted by pack on Dec 16, 2001

I was watching the final of the COPA cup two years ago at the food court in Unicentro Cali. Somehow my team Canada lucked out and got into the final against Colombia. Final Canada 2 Colombia nil... Was having a good time cheering for my team, the locals were looking a little glum:)
Colonialjd
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: CALI WINS!!!!, posted by Gregory on Dec 16, 2001

That is incredible that Canada beat Colombia in soccer.  That is almost like the Colombianos beating you guys in Hockey.  While we are talking sports, I know there is one Colomiban in Major Leage Baseball by the name of Rentaria.  He used to play for Miami, and I think he is now with St. Louis.  My guess is that they play a little beisbol down on the Caribean Cosast.  Would be great to take in a game.  Does anybody know when their season is?  Did they pick it up from Venezuela, which is crazy about baseball?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: