Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 08:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: visas from mex  (Read 22150 times)
Goliath
« on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Guys!
Question: Why do these Mexican women have visas?
I realize some may have gone to school here. How do you know she hasn't just been running through the "mail order" men?

Also, men who have experience w/ Guad. How common is the practice of woman wanting you to meet her parents, or more to the point her parents wanting to meet you? I love that idea!I read old post where girl's parents wanted to meet guy's parents!

Thanks

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to visas from mex, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

I guess you've been looking at the Mexican Matchmakers site. Guadalahara advertises itself as the "Silicon Valley" of Mexico and so there are lots of international companies there. If you work for Microsoft, John Deere, Nissan, etc, your company can simply write you a letter saying it is necessary for you to travel to the US for training and you get a visa issued that day! I've written a number of letters for people who work in the Mexican branch of a company I used to manage and they received the visa was almost instantly.

The truth is that most people in Guadalahara have a difficult time getting a visa - and as Partick has said a number of times here, most Mexicanas are very reluctant to list themselves in an agency - even though many may have an interest in marrying Americans. I've had women in Tijuana say it sounds like they'll be signing up to be a whore. Educated, traveled women are probably more likely to accept modern technology introduction methods than less educated people who are not plugged into high technology in their everyday lives.

-- Jeff S.

TexasRob
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to visas from mex, posted by Goliath on Dec 16, 2001

Why do they have a visa?  What are you saying?  I guess they have a visa to visit family here in the states.  Maybe they come here on vacation.  Maybe for a weekend of shopping.  I go to Mexico often.  I go to fish, to hike, and just to see the country.  People do travel for reasons other than to find a mate.  I am sure the last thing on the womans mind when she got her visa was to get a "mail order man".
El Diablo
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: visas from mex, posted by TexasRob on Dec 16, 2001

I'm with you Rob! The thought that every Mexican woman on a Visa here in the States is a mail order bride trying out different guys is pretty laughable.  I work for a large high tech company here in Silicon Valley.  We have a manufacturing plant in Guadalajara.  Every week we have Mexican females flying in from Guad and they're not here looking for guys. lol They are professionals just like many of us.  I think people have a caricature of Mexico in their mind that isn't necessarily in step with reality.

El Diablo

TexasRob
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: visas from mex, posted by El Diablo on Dec 17, 2001

I think much of this is due to the way Mexico is portrayed in the movies.  Everytime you see Mexico in an American movie it shows the desert, poor lazy people, and a burro.
Goliath
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: visas from mex, posted by TexasRob on Dec 16, 2001

Chill Rob! Chill!
I've looked at russian bride sites in the past and it was something I wondered about. Visas seemed to be one of those "hard to get" things. So I was curious why many would have them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: