Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 01:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever had this happen?  (Read 21515 times)
A1A
« on: May 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

As I posted about a month ago, I had been e mailing and chatting with a girl on Mindanao for over 2 months.  We developed a nice friendship.
I was planning to visit and meet her in late June.  Three weeks ago, she did not meet for a chat time we had set. Since then I have not had an e mail from her, I have sent several asking whats up? No response.  No hello, goodby, go to h@ll, nothing, she just disappeared off into cyberspace somewhere.  I am not torn up about it, but disappointed.
Has this happend to anyone else?
A1A
P.S.  I just had a real nice vacation to Cancun that I am posting on the latin board.
tpdtom
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ever had this happen?, posted by A1A on May 6, 2001

Just recently I had been writing and emailing back and forth on a daily basis with a young lady, also from Mindinao, and when I suggested that I visit in the fall or possibly sooner, things cooled. Not however before several references were made as to the cost of daily internet access. I thought this entirely reasonable and expressed a packet with two letters, some visa info, and a money order for $50 . Since the time that the mail should have arrived I have heard nothing in response. Not a thank you, an acknowledgement or a goodbye. I consider myself to have gotten off cheaply as the next thing under discussion was the cost of her tuition. The woman in question is very attractive and represents herself as a Physical Therapy student who had to suspend her studies and find work to raise tuition money. She is listed on at least three websites that I have seen. There are too many sincere and lovely Filipinas out there to bother with this type and we all should beware of "red flags".
A1A
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ever had this happen?, posted by tpdtom on May 7, 2001

Thanks for the replys everyone, I believe she may have stopped for two of the reasons.  She always said she was not e mailing anyone else, who knows though.  She did bring up several times about wanting to renew her nursing certificate, and take her boards again, but that it would cost a lot of money that she did not have.  I did not offer any money, and she did not ask.  She may have been expecting an offer that never came. I have already moved on with some other lines in the water.
Thanks again,
A1A
cc
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Tom, did you check with American Express whether the money order actually got cashed? In my experience, large envelopes containing lots of paper (you mentioned visa information) have a high probability of getting "lost" by the Philippine mail.
tpdtom
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ever had this happen?, posted by cc on May 7, 2001

Thanks for your concern cc : Actually I sent it via US Mail, global priority express. The money order was a Western Union Money Order and I do have a receipt but I haven't looked into it. I'm not really concerned about the $50 but rather I look on it as a cheap lesson. I suppose with no confirmation of her receiving it at all I should make sure that it was cashed...TPD
FL
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Ever had this happen?, posted by tpdtom on May 7, 2001

I quit sendind ANYTHING global priority when less than half of what I mailed actually made it to my fiance......
cc
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to FWIW, Global Prority, posted by FL on May 7, 2001

I agree, it's sort of like saying "this is an important letter - steal me"! On the few occasions I have sent money to the PI, I included it with my regular letter in a very regular looking envelope, no special tapes or seal. Just let it "slip through".
may10
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

*S*.....welcome to the board, Tom.
may10
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ever had this happen?, posted by A1A on May 6, 2001

I hope I don't get into trouble with any of you, gentlemen but have you ever thought that sometimes, YOU have to ask yourself as well?

What IF a lady such as she found out that you were stringing her along with other ladies?  I have read so much of how this happens....and maybe, just maybe,  you got someone who was honest and true enough who just couldn't take being one of the contenders?

I hope this is not true in your case.  *S*
Sometimes, we just don't know how special someone is unless we lose that person, right?  *S*

I hope she is just on vacation and is finding it difficult to get to a PC.  Best of luck.

Stephen
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ever had this happen?, posted by may10 on May 7, 2001

Yes, May....good thinking.

A typical approach for a Yankee is to write quite a few and narrow it down.  When you go to the philippines you visit 2 or 3 ladies.

I wrote about 50 ladies.  It narrowed down to 3.  Then when I went to the Philippines (about 1 year later) I only visited one lady.  I was with her for 10 days, and we were married 7 months later in America.

But when I wrote these ladies I did not think that they would be writing only to me.  I figured since I was writing to several ladies, that she was probably doing the same.  That's only fair.  Furthermore, a lot of Yanks will say they are coming, but they never do.  I figured that you ladies in the philippines shouldn't believe we were coming until you could see the whites of our eyes.  Talk is cheap.

Thanks for your input.

Stpehen

cc
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ever had this happen?, posted by Stephen on May 7, 2001

The most embarassing happened to me when I visited one of my penpals in Indonesia. We decided to meet at one of the restaurants in Blok M in Jakarta for our first date, and she asked, whether it would be OK if she'd bring a friend, so I said "OK". So I was sitting with two very attractive Ladies having lunch together and we had a nice and pleasant time - and at the very end, she asked me, if I knew her friend - I said "no" and it turned out that she was one of my other penpals!!! Oh boy, was that embarassing... We had a good laugh, and never heard from each other again...
SteveG
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to most embarassing...., posted by cc on May 7, 2001

cc,
 I feel for you on that one!  I bet you wished for a rewind button that day, huh?   Did you try to contact either of them again or did they stop the contact?
                                  SteveG
cc
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: most embarassing...., posted by SteveG on May 8, 2001

Thanks Steve - a rewind button would have been great!!! Like I said, we had a good laugh, but the "joke" was on me... (I must have turned red like a tomato) - I couldn't believe it myself, especially that I had not recognized my second penpal... I tried to contact her next day, but to no avail...
FL
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: most embarassing...., posted by cc on May 8, 2001

What was that movie back in the 60's about the 3 female roomates who were being courted/cheated on by one guy? They decided to teach him a lesson by one of them luring him over to their house with promises :-), then locking him in the attic and torturing him for days for his infidelity x 3
cc
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: most embarassing..could be w..., posted by FL on May 9, 2001

I don't know - am I "lucky" that they didn't torture me???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: