Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 19, 2024, 04:04:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For YC and Bret......Some issues about Brazil.  (Read 6766 times)
Aaron
« on: July 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

OK Guys,

Look, I am not trying to discourage you all from pursuing your interests in travelling to Brazil, and looking for a nice woman for marriage. I just want you to take precautions. I'm sure Brazil has nice women to meet. Go for it. I just prefer Colombianas.

As for Bret, making the comment that what I was saying about transvestites in Brazil as being "shallow talk",... well follow these
urls. They will take you to two web sites, one of which contains documents of studies on the sexual practices of Brazilian transexuals; the other which contains information about a human rights organnization that protects the rights of Brazilian people with alternative sexual orientations and life styles.

http://www.symposion.com/ijt/hiv_risk/inciardi.htm

http://www.ggb.org.br/oqueeh.html#JULHO

Another thing Bret is that sex-change operations can be done with such craft, that it can be virtully impossible to tell the original gender of the person. It depends on the skill of the physician and amount of money the client is able to pay. Even if you were clever enough to figure out if the person was a transvestite or not, you would probably have to do allot of close inspection. Usually by that time, you and the person have undergone allot of romantic foreplay.

Aaron

buzzy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For YC and Bret......Some issues about B..., posted by Aaron on Jul 5, 2001

A taxi driver can spot a fake 50 yards away.  If there's any question or doubt simply ask any experienced taxi driver.  Then there won't be any big surprises.
bret
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For YC and Bret......Some issues about B..., posted by Aaron on Jul 5, 2001

hey, thanks for your concern, but i'm not really interested in url's about the sexual practices of brazilian transexuals. and you seem a little preoccupied with it anyway.

there is NO doubt that you are very well informed, but most, if not all of us are very capable of taking care of ourselves. also, some of us know exactly how to conduct ourselves in the presence of a lady.

so you don't have to jump up on the soap box and offer unsolicited advice on how not to create a negative image of north-americans in the eyes of latinas. it sounds like you feel that without this advice someone might make an a** of himself and reduce your chances of finding that special latina.  

i checked your profile and read that you are working toward a ph.d in educational psycology, and that is a beautiful thing. also, it does explain your need to inform!

well hey, thanks professor, and i want you to "take all the necessary precautions also". but don't kid yourself into thinking that you are breaking new ground with this stuff.

these are grown men that make these trips to s.a. so, maybe it's better to save the preachy, concerned  "i just want you to take precautions" stuff for your students!

we know what we are doing! (well, some of us, anyway)

uh, nothing personal, right? cool!

bret

Aaron
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For YC and Bret......Some issues abo..., posted by bret on Jul 5, 2001

Bret,

There's no need to insult me. I never insulted anyone here.

I'm just trying to help a person. If you didn't like what I said, then don't reply.

Also, I would like the most information I can get to make decisions. If there is someone that would like to know things about something I may know about, then I'll let them know...especially when they have good intentions.

Where's your manners?

Chao
Aaron

yc
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Aaron,

I get that you might have mis-interperted my intentions.   Some of the things you cautioned me about I already knew through other sources.  I am not making an argument for Brazilian women.  It's just that, most of what I've heard was indicative of Rio.  Brazil has been for the most part viewed as a hedonistic society.  I was just trying to find out whether this was reflective of the entire country as well as Rio or just Rio itself.

Many many years ago, I had gotten it into my head, through conditioning, that New York was not a hospitable place.  Several years later, I found out the negative things I heard was really indicative of mostly New York City(please, no flames)... not New York the state.  I found that out first hand when I traveled there a year and a half ago, I met some of the most hospitable people I had ever encountered... New York City was just the opposite.

I am just trying to be objective and avoid the same mistake regarding Brazilian females as I did in my view of New Yorker... that all.  As far as Colombianas goes, I would prefer one.  I just some how feel that I may not be as successful with them as I hope.

Take care and thanks again!!!

Hoda
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Aaron......Some issues about Brazil., posted by yc on Jul 5, 2001

I'll take it that your experience in my City is just "YOUR" experience. Considering more people come to NYC than any other city in the country (except for Vegas, gambling doesn't count...LOL) should be a decent indicator that we must be doing something right to attract people in the first place. WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?

Got Milk?

yc
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Too Late......, posted by Hoda on Jul 6, 2001

Here we go... I guess I didn't need Cleo and her tarot cards to predict this(... flames flying).

But all pun aside... there are going to be places we travel to where things are not going to click very well.  That was my case in New York City.  IMO and fact, from a scenic and historical standpoint the city has much to offer.  Maybe I  arrived on the wrong day when the nice people was on vacation and the JACKA**** was left... who knows.  But on the flipside, the comment I made was not to be indicative of every single person in the city.  Just MY PERSONAL  experience at the time.  I know a number of people from New York City.  One was a military buddy of mine.  He was the first person I met from NYC and one of the nicest person I've ever known.  He would give his right arm if anyone  needed it.  As it turns out, most people I have met from NYC since then were not the most hospitable(most not all) on the planet.  There are going to be JACkA**** wherever you go.  That is a given.  There are plenty right here where I live(Charlotte, NC).  If you have ever visited Charlotte, I am sure you could attest to that(you're probably thinking I'm one of them).

But when people travel places, they are going to have good and bad experiences.  Our hope is that the good out weighs the bad.  On the positive note, I can honestly say my view of the state was changed for the better.  If I offended you with my comment, that was not my aim.

Take care

Aaron
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Aaron......Some issues about Brazil., posted by yc on Jul 5, 2001

YC,

Great man...I think you have good intentions. I just wanted to give you some information because Bret made the comment that a particular issue I made was shallow.

However, I just wanted to back up what I was saying as a real issue.

No go and find yourself a nice Brazilian chick....I'm sure there are many.

Good luck and enjoy your trip,
Aaron

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: