Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 10:38:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-751 Question  (Read 21977 times)
Humabdos
« on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

When do we file it? Sallie has been here 2 1/2 years now. Are we late?
Hum
Ray
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I-751 Question, posted by Humabdos on Jul 22, 2005

Wow! Has it been 2-1/2 years already?

You should file within the 90-day period just before her Green Card expires. It has to be filed within that window. What is the expiration date on her card?

Even if it’s still a little early to file, I would download a Form I-751 with instructions and start getting your evidence ready for submission. If you submit a good package, you probably won’t have to do the optional interview.

Hey Hum, I was curious if you ever built that nipa hut in your back yard.

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I-751 Question, posted by Ray on Jul 22, 2005

Hi Ray
Sallie's Green card expired last month. So looks like we are late.
I have down loaded the form and we will fill it out and take it to Portland wednesday. I'm working on that nipa hut.
Just had my first bamboo harvest a few weeks ago.
Hum
Ray
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I-751 Question, posted by Humabdos on Jul 22, 2005

Don’t take it to Portland. The I-751 has to be mailed to the Service Center (Nebraska?). After they receive your petition, they will mail her a form that says her Green Card is extended for one year. They probably won’t deport her because it’s late, but they might make you forfeit one birthday :-)

Stephen is waiting anxiously for photos of that nipa hut when you finish it.

Ray

Bear
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I-751 Question, posted by Ray on Jul 22, 2005

Do to money restraints I didn't file for Honey's till she had been here 3 years.  There was no problem other than the fact that BCIS was curious as to why it took me so long to file.

The Bear Family

Ray
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I-751 Question, posted by Bear on Jul 22, 2005

Bear,

Since she was a K-3, how long she has been here does not determine when she is required to file the I-751. When her Green Card expires is the determining factor.

It is never a good idea to let your legal status lapse. For those having real problems finding the money to file, you can always request a waiver of fees.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: