Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 11:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: getting her K-1 packet  (Read 22940 times)
hitmanbrett2004
« on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I got approved on May 9,2005 and i was wondering how long it takes for my fiance her packet and appointment in Manila.
hitmanbrett2004
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to getting her K-1 packet, posted by hitmanbrett2004 on Jul 25, 2005

thank you Ray for your help !!
Ray
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to getting her K-1 packet, posted by hitmanbrett2004 on Jul 25, 2005

My guess: She will probably get an interview in Sept and they will send the packet with appointment letter 6-8 weeks in advance. I think they already scheduled August interviews.

The embassy posts interview appointments here:

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwfvisa.pdf

Ray

Keith NC
Ray
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: getting her K-1 packet, posted by Ray on Jul 25, 2005

Ray,

I was wondering the same thing.  Our approval was on June 10th.  It is valid from June 10th to October 9th 2005.  Anecita hasn't received her packet either as of yesterday.  I guess her interview could possibly be in September?  

The NVC sent me a letter dated June 23, 2005 stating that they had recently received our I-129F petition.  It stated that our petition would be forwarded to Manila in a week.  I wasn't sure how long it took the U.S. Embassy to process the approved I-129F and send the packet to Anecita.

I am getting a little anxious!  Hehehe.

Keith

Ray
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ray, posted by Keith NC on Jul 25, 2005

I don’t know Keith. I heard recently that they are running about a 4-month delay from the time they receive your petition from NVC until the interview. I guess that would put you around October or November maybe. I think they send out the packets about 6-8 weeks before the interview date.

I would wait another month and then start calling to check on the status. That published phone number for visa info is just some know-nothing contractors outside the embassy without much access to real status info so you might want to try to contact the Immigrant Visa Unit directly through the Manila Embassy switchboard operator.

They usually seem to get backlogged around this time of year, probably because of many staff people going on vacation back to the States during the summer months. Maybe the backlog will improve soon.

Don’t worry about the 4-month validity date. As long as the petition is active they will extend it automatically until approval.

Good luck,

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ray, posted by Ray on Jul 25, 2005

Thanks Ray for clearing that up for me.  It was wishful thinking on my part that Anecita would be here sooner.  But we are dealing with the Government so things don't always appear as they seem.  I know that it will happen eventually.  I just need to be more patient.  I feel alot better knowing they will extend the petition.

I have been doing some renovations on the inside of my house.  Installing wood floors, new kitchen and fixing up my Daughters room.  She wanted a Barbie room.  I had to talk her into letting me paint her room lavender instead of pink.  I don't think I could handle a pink room.      So that will give me a little more time to finish things up before Anecita gets here.

Thanks for all your help Ray.  

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: