Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 04:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: phone calls  (Read 18241 times)
chris g
« on: August 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

My girl, in Cambodia, wants me to call her. So I want to ask if anyone here can tell me a good service to use. ( I was going to say a good way, but I did not want all the "use a phone jokes") I found a web site that offers phone cards, http://www.nobelcom.com/nobelcom/jsp/productselection/productselection.jsp?from_country=1&to_country=52&x=186&y=26 , Price seems alright. Some army guys use one from a gas station to call there girlfriends in the Phillipiens( sorry, never could spell ) so I might give it a try. Anyone know of something better? Thanks.
Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to phone calls, posted by chris g on Aug 2, 2005

Just pick up the phone and call her. Then when you get your phone bill next month, you’ll begin to appreciate what this long-distance romance thing can really cost… LOL!

Seriously though, the important thing is to call. I would take Jeff S’s advice and try one of the 10-10-XXX numbers. If you ever submit a visa petition, you’re going to need copies of some phone bills as evidence of a valid relationship and phone cards don’t do that for you. Even if you find some good prepaid calling cards, use the 10-10-XXX service at least occasionally so you’ll have the record on your monthly phone bill. I used to use 10-10-220 with very few problems.

If you want to save a buck or two later, you can try those phone cards down at the gas station but always buy the smallest denominations ($5) and time them to see how they lied to you about how many minutes you get. Use them all up in one shot. Experiment with different cards available in your area to see which work best. We use “Hello Asia” because they use AT&T circuits and they don’t lie about the minutes.

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to phone calls, posted by chris g on Aug 2, 2005

Just dial 10-10-XXX services - No buying cards, keeping track of how much time you have left, putting your credit card on the internet or anything. I call Asia for something like 9 cents a minute. They just bill your home phone. Maybe people can get it for 7-1/2 cents a minute somehow, but how much work and risk are you willing to go through to save less than a buck an hour?

- Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: