Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 08:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel Letter of Permission  (Read 31461 times)
SteveG
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey, it's been a while but I do drop in here now and then to see what's going on.  It looks like things are much slower here than in years past.   Anyway, all is fine with us and we recently celebrated our 11 year anniversary!

The point of my post is to ask about the Travel Letter of Permission that Febtember mentioned a few months ago.   What is required to be in that letter?  Is a simple letter stating the names of both parents and child plus travel destinations and dates with a notary public stamp adequate?   I assume there is no standard form that is to be filled out?   This is the 1st I have ever heard of this and I'm wondering if it's a law or just a requirement peculiar to one airline?   Anybody know?    Melly is getting ready to go back home in a few months and will be taking our daughter with her so I need to know how to take care of this so we don't get put in the same situation as Raquel.

SteveG

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Travel Letter of Permission, posted by SteveG on Aug 20, 2005

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Steve,

Go to the Philippine Embassy page: www.philippineembassy-usa.org/  then click on "Download Forms." Next click on your state. You will see a list of downloadable forms, including the "Parental Travel Permit."

Also make sure your wife has a copy of your child's birth certificate and a copy of your marriage license. My wife and I traveled together, with our daughter last year to the Philippines. PAL employees in LA asked for everything including the kitchen sink. Then several supervisors were called in. They went into an office to consult with each other and make copies of everything. They asked for the "Parental Travel Permit" but we told them that we didn't need it as we were traveling together.

As Feb mentioned, send along a copy of your passport and DL copy wouldn't hurt either.

Good Luck,

Dave H.

SteveG
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Travel Letter of Permission, posted by Dave H on Aug 20, 2005

Dave,
 Did you see Rod Serling and hear weird music playing when they asked for the Consent form while both you and your wife were standing there?  Smiley   Consent from who?  LOL   Surely they backed down on that right away......unless they were truly bureaucratic minds in which case facts and common sense would have no bearing on their decisions.   Anyway, thanks for the web site.  I'll put what I find there together with Raquel’s recommended letter and should be in good shape.
 SteveG
Dave H
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Travel Letter of Permission, posted by SteveG on Aug 22, 2005

Hi Steve,

The PAL agents at the check-in desk couldn't make a decision. Several Chinese looking supervisors were called in, who briefly discussed the matter between themselves, gathered all of our documents, then went into an office to consult a higher authority. I didn't see Rod Serling, but the "Higher Being" looked like Charlie Chan. ;o)

We are going to the Philippines soon. What do you bet they do it all over again? LOL

Dave H.

Febtember
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Travel Letter of Permission, posted by SteveG on Aug 20, 2005

Hi Steve,
I think I can help you with your question.Melly should bring with her your travel consent.The PAL airline will surely ask her that I don't know about other airline.Yah be much better if you notarize it.

I_______________________,do hereby grant my permission for my son/daughter,_________________,to travel to the philippines with his/her mother,____________________.________ is my wife and she has permission from me to take_____________ on this trip.
State when  your daughter was born and date of her departure for philippines, what airline,port of entry in philippines either cebu or manila,the purpose of the travel,where they stay and when they return back to U.S.A
Don't forget to sign your name on it.

Then you make sure you have the photocopy of you passport and drivers license attach to this consent.Raquel

SteveG
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Travel Letter of Permission, posted by Febtember on Aug 20, 2005

Thanks, Raquel.   I wouldn't have thought of the info about myself if you hadn't mentioned it.  Hopefully with yours and Dave's input I should be able to put together a folder of paper that will be able to meet anybody’s requirements!   The last thing I want is to have them stuck in an airport because of some oversight on something like this.  Smiley

SteveG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: