Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 04:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: she gets interview and visa then............?  (Read 6079 times)
chris g
« on: August 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

OK. I am still a long way from this, but I want to know what happens after my girl gets her interview in Bangkok and (hopefully) gets her visa. Is there another step after this? Can she just hop on a plane and come here after the interview?  My girl does not want to go to Bangkok (from Cambodia) by herself and wants me to go with her.  SO can we do that? I mean if she gets her visa she is free to come to the U.S., I just don't know if there is more to do after she gets her visa and before she can go. I have looked at some sites but can't find anything. Thanks for any help.
Bob S
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to she gets interview and visa then..........., posted by chris g on Aug 21, 2005

That's pretty much it.  Once she has the visa in hand, that and a plane ticket and she should be good to go (as long as her transfer country doesn't require a transit visa).
If you want to go back and guide her thru the international travel process (those long flights can be intimidating if you haven't done it before), you can hold hands thru it all up till about U.S. immigration and passport control.  Because she'll be going thru actual "immigration", you may get split up for a while at that point.  Who here has actual hands-on experience with this?
chris g
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Home stretch, posted by Bob S on Aug 22, 2005

I thought it was doable but you never know with the gov't involved. I am going back there so I can bring her through the big airports with me. As you all know those big airports can get confusing. Easy to get lost for a girl that does not even have electricity in her home. Look like I can help her in Bangkok too. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: