Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:18:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phones in the Phils?  (Read 7944 times)
capt david
« on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Era is returning to the Phils in November for three weeks. She wants to buy a cell phone (tri-band-dual, sim card) or something like that. Is it cheaper to buy it here at walmart for $70-$90 or in the phils? Also about how much does a land line cost in Cebu? thanks, capt david
don2222
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Phones  in the Phils?, posted by capt david on Sep 24, 2005

Hi Captain David,
 I am still living in the Philippines, and I recentaly compared cell phone prices here to the prices I could find in America online, and they seem to be about the same.  I ended up buying a Nokia 6020 here in the Philippines for $180, it is a tri-band with a camera that is handy to have sometimes.
A Nokia without a camera can easily be found for $70 to $90, and in the Philippines everyone wants only a Nokia because it can be serviced anywhere and is more popular.
If she is planing to buy a cell phone, and then leave it behind for a friend or relative in the Philippines, then it is probably best that she buy it in the Philippines for the warranty.  Most stores here advertise new phones, open line, at a cheaper price, but what they do not tell you is that the warranty is for only one week because it is an open line phone, I paid extra for my phone because I wanted the Nokia one year warranty.
Landlines are about $15-$20 a month.

Don

don2222
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Phones  in the Phils?, posted by don2222 on Sep 25, 2005

Also, if your wife just wants to have the phone for a few weeks, she can easily find a used phone here for about $20, including a sim card.  Almost all the cell phone stores carry used phones.
Getting a landline in Cebu should only take a few weeks.
Keith NC
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Phones  in the Phils?, posted by capt david on Sep 24, 2005

Hi David,

I am not positive but I think it would be cheaper to buy the phone in the Philippines.  As for the land line most people have to wait two years to get one.  I am not sure how much it is though.  

Good luck,

Keith

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Phones  in the Phils?, posted by Keith NC on Sep 24, 2005

Hey Keith,

About 1-2 days to get a land line (Bayantel, Philcom, Cruz Telephone) in Butuan City. We pay P384 (about $7) per month with Bayantel.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Land Line, posted by Dave H on Sep 26, 2005

Sorry to hear that your little one was sick.

Are you going to make it to the Aswang Festival this year in Capiz? I think it’s Oct 28-30.

Remember, don’t drink the water! :-)

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Dave, posted by Ray on Sep 27, 2005

Hi Ray,

Not sure when we will be heading back to the US. I don't think we will make the Aswang Festival. ROFLMAOCUML!!!

Not thinking...I drank a large Coke (no ice) from Jollibee at Guisano. Afterward, I realized it was made from tap water. Good thing I had been using the bottle of Tabasco and taking acidolphus capsules...cleared up real quick. ;o) I've been testing our bottled water and found Wilkens to be the best. Absolute is good too. Water Boy isn't too bad.

Dave H.

Keith NC
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Land Line, posted by Dave H on Sep 26, 2005

Dave H,

Thank you for the correction.  My knowledge on the land line comes from when I was corresponding with several ladies a couple of years ago.  One of the ladies that I was corresponding with told me that it took them two years to get a land line.  I thought that was a little strange for someone to have to wait two years.

I wished I only had to pay $7 a month for my voip service.  Hopefully one day I will be able to retire to the Philippines.  It just gets better and better all the time.

Thanks again Dave.  I hope you and your Family are doing well.

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: