Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 07:30:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the @#$% ????  (Read 5354 times)
chris g
« on: September 29, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

So I get a letter from immigration today. It says there is not enough evidence to prove that I am a U.S. citizen, and to send one of the these, birth certificate, passport, naturalization etc. Well I sent a copy of my birth certificate with my forms. Not good enough or what? I will copy it again and send it along with my certificate of live birth, and copy of my passport. Also they sent a form back saying it needed to be signed, but it is signed by me. It does not say in that spot that she has to sign it. Just the person filling out the form. It is page 2 of the petition for fiancee. So I sign it again and send it back, do I have to put todays date on it also? All I can think of is some shmuck that has never been laid looking over this and thinking of ways to screw with people like us. As always, thanks for any help.
Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What the @#$% Huh?, posted by chris g on Sep 29, 2005

That sucks! Sounds like another case of the government’s equal employment opportunity program at work. Probably just simple incompetence instead of some kind of plot.

Did you send a photocopy of the official birth certificate issued by the county or state, with raised seal? I know they aren’t supposed to accept the copy from the hospital. Your birth certificate is your best evidence of citizenship unless you were born outside of the U.S. Make sure you copy both sides if there is ANYTHING on the back. Keep in mind also if you are going to send a copy of your passport, you are technically supposed to copy ALL pages, including the covers, even if they are blank.

Yours is the only signature required on the Form I-129F. You should have signed in section C, with nothing entered where it says “Signature of Person Preparing Form…”. There should only be one signature and one date, so I don’t know what to tell you. Did your fiancée sign all four pages of the G-325A in original?

Did they cash your check, or did they send that back also?

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What the @#$% Huh?, posted by Ray on Sep 29, 2005

Hey Ray,

The government employee who took our application for adjustment of status had to use a translator at times!

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: