Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 10:50:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anecita's interview is November 29.  (Read 14448 times)
Keith NC
« on: October 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Good news!  Anecita's interview will be on November 29th.  She is already peppering me with questions that might be asked.  Any advice from those who have already been through it?  I told her to be herself and not to worry about it.  Hopefully she will be here before Christmas.  

Keith

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anecita's interview is November 29., posted by Keith NC on Oct 6, 2005

Hi Keith,

The waiting sure is tough!!! But after a short while together, you will forget all about it. It will be here before you know it. My wife went through the process just before 9-11, when there was a brief period where interviews were not mandatory. It shouldn't be a big deal. Good Luck!

Dave H.

Keith NC
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations!, posted by Dave H on Oct 13, 2005

Thanks Dave,

The hardest part about going to meet your honeyko in the Philippines is having to leave her behind.  These ladies are worth the wait.  Seven months without my honeyko is worth a lifetime of bliss.  

I am sorry to hear about your little one.  I hope she is feeling better now.  As a Father of a three year old it is hard to see them suffer.  

Enjoy the remainder of your time there and be careful.

Keith

Dave H
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anecita's interview is November 29., posted by Keith NC on Oct 6, 2005

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

N/T
Stephen
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

We are very happy for both of you Smiley About the interview, tell her just to be calm and be truthful.

Tess & Stephen

Keith NC
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to that's good news...tess, posted by Stephen on Oct 7, 2005

Hi Tess,

Thank you for all the support you and Stephen have given me.  I guess I need to start cleaning the house.  LOL.  I hope that two of you are doing well.  Can't wait to see you guys again in North Carolina.

Keith

Ray
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Keith. That’s great that she finally got an interview date.

The standard questions that may show up in the interview are mostly related to how and when you two met, how many and length of your visits, and questions designed to see how much she knows about you and your personal life. They may ask about your job, your family, your children, your ex-wife, etc. What they are really looking for is evidence that your relationship is genuine and you aren’t trying to pull off some kind of immigration scam just to get her into the country.

She should have about 6-8 snail mail letters or cards in original envelopes with postmarks.  A few chat transcripts or e-mails will help also. Try to send her copies of your phone bills that show your name on the account with calls placed to her phone in the Phils. Letters should include samples that cover the entire period of your correspondence and she should carefully screen the letters for any damaging information. Letters or cards from any of your family members are perfect.

Mushy love letters are great, but some comments could get you into trouble. One lady was rejected because of a letter she submitted where her fiancé said something to the effect that he needed her there soon to help take care of his elderly parents who he lived with. Big mistake! Made it look like he was petitioning her to be a caregiver more than as a wife. Another lady had big trouble because of a letter that suggested they could get married secretly and still use the fiancée visa. They don’t always read those letters but they should be carefully screened just in case.

Have her bring some photos and evidence of your meeting within the past 2 years. A small photo album is great and pictures of your children or other family members are great if she has them. She can show the album to the interviewing officer if she is asked about you and your family. She can also have receipts for any money remittances, specifics for wedding plans, etc.

For any photocopies of official documents that you submitted with your original petition, she should have the originals just in case they ask for them, including any complete divorce decrees. It would also be a good idea for her to bring a recent original copy of her baptismal certificate just in case there is any question about her birth certificate or other I.D.

If she has ever had any children, she should bring their NSO certified birth certificates.

Tell her to relax, be herself, and enjoy the experience.

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Anecita's interview, posted by Ray on Oct 7, 2005

Hi Ray,

I really appreciate all of your help.  I would be in trouble without your knowledge.  I need to send her a copy of my divorce decree.  I don't have any phone records because I used a calling card.  But she has a ton of emails and cards that I sent her.  I also sent receipts of hotel stays and airline tickets.  She also has alot of photos of the two of us together.  I think she will be okay.  

Ray, where is your wife from in the Philippines?

Thank You,

Keith

Ray
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Anecita's interview, posted by Keith NC on Oct 11, 2005

She's from Surigao Del Norte
Keith NC
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Anecita's interview, posted by Ray on Oct 11, 2005

Hi Ray,

I have heard a lot of nice things about Surigao.  I think Anecita and her Family have vacationed there.

Ray, Anecita's medical exam is on November 22nd but her interview is on November 29th.  Is there anyway that Anecita can schedule her interview right after her medical exam?  Or does she have to wait until November 29th?  I am trying to save her from having to spend so many days in Manila.

Keith

Howard
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Can Anecita schedule her interview soone..., posted by Keith NC on Oct 11, 2005

Keith,

FOA, congratulations!!!  

This was the hardest part for me... the waiting for the interview/visa approval.  I hope you and Anecita sail through! Wink

As always, Ray makes a great point!  Gerlie also wanted me to pass along that the staff at St Lukes gives priority to the ladies with appointments over those who missed their appointment or just stopped by.  She said that that 7 day period is for the results to come back and for any potential treatment, shots, etc...  If she requires treatment of any kind to pass the physical and doesn't give St Lukes ample time, they will just tell her to come back and complete the interview when she has passed her physical.

When Gerlie went for her physical and interview I had her take her aunt with her for moral support and because she had been to Manila before.  If Anecita hasn't ever been to Manila, that will be added stress on top of the interview and St Lukes stress.  If you haven't already made arrangements for her to take a friend or relative with her, I would highly reccommend it.  Strength in numbers, you know Smiley

When Gerlie went she found a pension house less than a mile from the embassy for a very reasonable price.  The hotels close to the embassy are very pricey, or so I am told.

And lastly, I would reccommend an open ended return ticket for them to go back to Mindanao.  Everything will probably go smoothly, but Gerlie's interview was on a Friday and the interviewer--an evil, EVIL, man--wanted more evidence, so he told her to come back again on Monday.  That was something we did not expect!

I sure hope everything goes easy for Anecita!!!  Gerlie said many of the ladies she met there sailed right through and even knew that they were approved before they left.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the way it went for us.

The last piece of advice I have on this is that if you haven't received any notice by the last possible day that they say you will, you need to start calling the embassy yourself.  The guys here can give you the number, they gave it to me Smiley  They treat us much better than they will our fiancees.  I got answers--maybe not the ones I wanted--and at least took the tiniest amount of guessing out of the process for us at that point.

Good luck bro!!!

You're in our prayers Smiley

Hey... you guys using Detroit as your POE?

Keep the Faith!

H

Keith NC
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hang on a minute..., posted by Howard on Oct 16, 2005

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

Howard,

What's up guy?  Spending all the time you can with your sweetie I am sure.  I really appreciate you and Gerlie for all that you have done for me.  I can't thank you enough.

Anecita and I will heed Ray's advice.  I was trying to make it go a little faster but what's the point.   A few extra days isn't going to matter.  I want her to get everything done correctly so that she can get over here before Christmas.

Anecita will bring her Nanay with her.  Anecita lives in a place outside of Butuan City that maybe has 13,000 people at the most.  Manila will be a huge shock to her.  The largest city she has ever been to is Davao City.  She visits one of her Sisters and a Brother that live in Davao City.

I am sorry that you guys had such a difficult time.  There is always a jerk out there that tries to screw with someone elses life.  I hope it is not like that for Anecita.  

Getting an open ended ticket is a great idea.  Thanks for the advice.  Never know how it will turn out till the day of the interview.  Howard, after Gerlie was approved how long did it take her to get her visa in the mail?  I have heard that a courier will deliver the visa within four business days after the approval.  

That game beween the Panthers and Lions gave me heartburn.  LOL  Jake Delhome threw four touchdown passess today.  The only problem was that two of them were scored by the Lions defense. Hehehe.  I think the only reason the Panthers won that game is because Jake got drilled and had to leave the game.  If Jake would have stayed in the game the Panthers would have lost.  He didn't do anything the second half.  The Lions have a heck of a Defense.  They just need a little more offense.  I am happy because the Panthers won but that doesn't take anything away from the Lions.  They played a hell of a game.  

I am glad that you and Gerlie are doing well.  I found your number. I may give you a call next weekend if you're not busy.

Take Care,

Keith

Ray
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Can Anecita schedule her interview soone..., posted by Keith NC on Oct 11, 2005

Keith,

It isn’t easy to change her interview appointment but she should be able to do the medical anytime on a walk-in basis. She can phone St Luke’s to confirm that. I would have her do the medical AT LEAST 3 working days before her interview, which would save her a couple of days form the “scheduled” date.

The medical normally takes 2 days to complete, but once in a while they may need to do further tests which could delay the results. A week in advance of the interview is playing it very safe.

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Can Anecita schedule her interview s..., posted by Ray on Oct 12, 2005

Ray,

I understand now.  What you wrote makes alot of sense and helps me to better understand why they do it that way.  A few more days is nothing.  I will tell her to stick to the original schedule.

She was worried about me spending too much money on the hotel, food and transportation for her while she is Manila.  I told her that the Philippines is a bargain compared to the United States.  I am not sure if she beleives me. LOL.  It is nice to have a lady that looks out for my best interest for a change.  

I hated the Chargers lost Monday night.  I was really hoping they would beat the Steelers.  They came close.  

Thank you for all of your help Ray.  

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: