Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 01:41:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello and Info request  (Read 6725 times)
Nathan
« on: May 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello all, I have not posted in quite a while...
a lot of time goes by so fast. As old timers here know, I was married to a filipina in 2000 and lived there a while before coming back to the states.
Our little girl is almost 5 years old...I guess we should update our photos with Jeff!
  OK, now the request. Is there anyone out there that has had recent experience getting a wife or girlfriend through the k1 or spousal visa process in Thailand??? I need the voice of experience for a friend. Reply here or send me an email.

Thanks,

Nathan

surfscum
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hello and Info request, posted by Nathan on May 21, 2005

There is a great thread on this over on visajourney.com.  I strongly recommend that site when it comes to questions about the visa process.
Nathan
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hello and Info request, posted by surfscum on May 23, 2005

I am guessing there are very few men bringing Thai wives here compared to the Philippines...or so my lack of responses
would seem to indicate....

Nathan

don2222
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thailand...., posted by Nathan on May 23, 2005

Hi Nathan,

I have travelled to Thailand three times, it is a beautiful country, but one quickly gets the impression that they do not like foreigners, and that the Thais prefer to remain in Thailand.

Have you seen this website before ?

http://stickmanbangkok.com/

Have your buddy read the "readers submissions", and then see if he still wants to marry a Thai woman :0)

Don

Nathan
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Thailand...., posted by don2222 on May 24, 2005

Don,
  I spent 9 months in Thailand actually, and I don't much care for the attitudes there. My friend is not setting out to
marry a Thai, he is already married to a member of an ethnic minority there(lived there 12 years) and was deported from the country for his human rights work, leaving his wife and kids in limbo. The US embassy is not much help behyond the bare minimums they absolutely have to do. He is working through the process with difficutly...someone with recent experience on the Thai side(Police reports etc) may be of help...dealing with the required Thai paperwork.
The US embassy folks are mostly A-holes...par for the course.
If many americans knew how embassy folks behaved they would want many of them tar and feathered. The recent tidal wive illustrated just what most of these embassy folks are made of...sitting in the VIP lounge at Bangkok international...telling Americans who had lost everything up to and including their underwear, that their replacement passports could not be processed until they were paid for...another rum and coke please...say, too bad you got caught up in that little wave thing...It was not until
media reports exposed them as flaming roids that they decided to "go humanitarian" for the sake of PR.

Nathan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: