Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 10:32:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese & Philippine Women ??'s  (Read 7209 times)
sawdin
« on: May 31, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello,

I have recently joined Cherry Blossom and would appreciate hearing your opinions on the similarities and differences between Chinese and Filipina women who are searching for American husbands.  In my brief time, I have found that it is typically the Filipina women who appear to be 'scammers'.  This may be due to the fact that  more Filipina's use the service.  

I have noticed that the Filipina's typically are more proficient in English.  This makes sense based upon the historical relationship between the US and the Philippines.

I have also noticed that most of the woman on CB who list themselves as married and show pictures of husbands, are very, very young (20-22).  I would think that an older woman might make a more loving and thankful wife as she may have had to work and face the realities of life on her own that some of younger woman may not have had to deal with if they have always been in school or living with their families.  But what do you members who have experience think?

TIA for any all advice,
Dino
senior citizen
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chinese & Philippine Women ??'s, posted by sawdin on May 31, 2005

Well, it all depends on the woman. Although I did not know it, Honey was 16 when we married. I was some 20-odd years her senior. She looked and acted middle twenties. She ran most of her parent's laundry business and was very responsible. The converse is now that she is near 40 (I won't say which side she's on), she doesn't look a day over 30, and weighs only a very few pounds more than she did at 16. Still wears a size 4 I believe.

She set up housekeeping like she was born to it, and had merely been waiting all her short life to get on with it. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, loving me. When our first child came along she was an excellent mother although not quite 18. She runs our home like a quartermaster runs his supply depot. On time and by the numbers. She always has. Both our children were potty-trained by the age of two. Supper was on the table by six and the children had better be scrubbed and seated by 6:00:05 to say grace. She also managed to get her college degree somewhere in there.

She had very few problems adjusting to America. Her English, from running a laundry near one of the US bases, was excellent. She knew American money and got her driver's license within a year, although she will NEVER drive when I am in the car. We have sat in the car for an hour, both of us silent, me trying to get her to drive for me. Won't do it. She can out-stubborn a cat.

She has always been very self-confident and exceptionally mature, if stubborn about driving. Now that I am well into my second childhood she is far more mature than I am, or so she claims. She has that Filipina knack for hoarding household supplies, but is not very jealous. This is surprising as we know several Fil-Am couples and more than half of those wives are very jealous. Some almost paranoid. The really bad ones tried to make Honey jealous by telling her that a husband can never be trusted, and all that.

So it depend on if you are lucky or not. Honey needed no raising, and now she is raising me, she claims. Hey, grandpas are supposed to do silly things with the grandchildren and help them get into mischief. Mine did. Just because I sit out back and help them get filthy making clay mud-castles and such doesn't mean I'm senile.

But Honey may be the exception to the rule.

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Chinese & Philippine Women ??'s, posted by senior citizen on Jun 2, 2005

I liked George Carlin's take on it: "Oh Boy, I'm 65. I get to pee my pants again!"

- Jeff

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chinese & Philippine Women ??'s, posted by sawdin on May 31, 2005

Here's a section of a post I made a while back:

"Most will tell you that the Philippines is the best place for a wife because they speak English and are Catholic. I only know one Filipina personally, and she's a pretty special lady, (I'm sure you'll agree Stephen) so I can't say much about them. Some of us, though, have looked, and succeeded in places other than the PI. On the Asian sweetie web site there are ladies from five different countries.

Selecting a place to search for a wife is a personal matter. You have to be prepared to deal with this person, her culture, language, tastes in food, music, decorating, friends, etc, etc, for the rest of your life. If you can't stand spicy food, don't marry a Korean, and if listening to norteņo music makes you want to shoot yourself in the head, don't marry a Mexicana. You have to have respect for and an interest in her culture and history for this to all work. She will, most emphatically, NOT arrive with a clean slate ready to become an American and adapt to your ways - she'll have her own. How you accept and appreciate those will go a long way in setting a precident for how your marriage will succeed. Many of those things that seem quaint and exotic when you're holding hands on vacation, may bug the he!! out of you later. Do your homework on her culture and spend some time on serious introspection before you go. You won't regret it.

Next, you need to understand what he's looking for in terms of lifestyle. Some of us prefer women who've never worn shoes and we have to teach how to work a telephone while others want women who move with grace in socialite circles. Some like women interested only in staying home and raising children, while others prefer those more interested in pursuing their professional careers. Some like women intersted in reading and discussing "The Bible" while others want their spouses to be able to debate "The Origins of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind." If you like gourmet meals in fancy resturaunts and she'd rather stay at home and snack on rice, if your idea of a vacation is backpacking in the high sierras and hers is shopping on 5th Avenue and staying in a nice hotel, or if you want her to feed the chickens and she wants you to join her at the opera, you're going to have problems.

Doing this kind of homework is far more valuable than the specific country you select, or the technique you use. Spend some time looking over the archives to find how some have been successful. It's three or four years worth of success and horror stories - an entertaining and educational tool."

- Jeff

Oh BTW - Welcome to our hangout, and here are some of us: http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/

yorktr
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Dino;
I guess my vote goes with the Chinese, as I am married to a Singaporean. It's probably been the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.
As I live and work in New York City, I never went overseas, but rather joined some Asian/American dating clubs here.
I would suggest that you include Malaysian Chinese in your search. Being a Muslim country, Malaysia is a somewhat lousy place for Chinese. They can go into business, but not into politics, for example.
As they are from former British colonies, Malaysians and Singaporeans grow up with one foot in the East and one foot in the West, and are thus more cosmopolitan. Therefore it is easier for them to interface with us gringos; conflict due to intercultural differences is thus reduced if not actually becoming hilarious.
During my dating days, it was very difficult to establish good friendships with women from mainland China. Not impossible, just more difficult. As most of us fellows are walking wounded, our style is to take it slow, but many mainland Chinese seem impatient, as though it is a race against time. Maybe it is from their point of view, considering immigration status and time remaining on the visa. This could be different with women still in China and not here. True, I was dating women in the upper 30's/low 40's at the time, who lived through the cultural revolution and isolation from the rest of the world. Nowadays, many mainland Chinese are preoccupied with making money, I guess.
It was easier to get along with Taiwanese, as well.
For what it's worth, my wife tells me that many mainland Chinese, (men and women), lie to her for no apparent good reason.
I was in Fil/Am dating club for a while, but I found Chinese more interesting to talk to. I know most of the fellows here are married to Filipinas, and that is wonderful, but for me, I had a much better experience with Chinese.
But then my Singaporean wife enjoys bluegrass...
andrew99
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Chinese & Philippine Women ??'s, posted by yorktr on Jun 1, 2005

I think Chinese/Taiwanese women are more interesting to talk to than most Filipinas.  I met some, mostly from the Philippines, who lied about things for no seemingly good reason.  But also knew a Chinese girl who was here in the US who did the same.  Some of the more interesting women to meet are in their 30's.

A lot of the scammers I encountered were Filipinas and I don't know why, as it usually didn't seem to be about sending money...I didn't know what they were in it for.

Stephen
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Dino:

I think you have a very good point here about marrying a lady who is too young.  They may be exciting at first....but in effect, you're raising a little girl.

I talked with a person just last week who went to the PHils and married a 21 year old.  They are in the process of getting her Visa approval and she's pregnant.  Every time they speak on the phone she cries a begs him to come back to the Phils.  He needed to marry a WOMAN....not a GIRL.  This guy also has 2 kids from a previous marriage to take care of.  I think a man should give a lot of thought to what he's getting into.

Please drop me an email.  

sdbrittain@nospam.com

Thanks.

Stephen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: