Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 10:02:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm confused  (Read 9789 times)
Howard
« on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Guys,

Okay... it's time to adjust Gerlie's Status and get the work permit squared away.  I'm getting conflicting advice on what's next.  I'm thinking things might have changed since December, so I figured I'd get your take(s) on where I am.

Here's what we have done so far.

We got Married... Yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy

I submitted a work authorization I-765 in December and talked to Immigration about what I should do next.  I was told to File forms I-864 and I-485.

What about I-693?  Do they tell us to do that after we submit the I-485, or am I supposed to do that on my own and send it with the I-485?

I have been under the impression that, since we have married in the 90 Days, that I can submit the Work Authorization while we work on the I-485 stuff, and that she only needs it before the the AOS interview and subsquent approval, right???

AND... The photos... Passport photos work for all of the applications now, right?

Thanks in Advance, Ray... I don't know what we would do without you!

Keep the Faith

Life is GRAND

H

Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm confused, posted by Howard on Jun 13, 2005

Hi H,

Yes, you need to file Forms I-485, G-325A, and I-864. She does not need another medical exam (I-693), but she can submit a photocopy of her Vaccination Supplement from St. Luke’s. If she didn’t get any shots with her medical exam, then she can wait for the CIS to send her instructions on vaccination requirements along with her interview appointment.

The Work authorization (I-765) and Advance Parole (I-131) are optional but recommended. Those can be submitted along with the AOS package or at a later date. DO NOT submit an I-765 before you file the I-485! Be sure to submit everything to the Chicago Lockbox address and you should use the new I-485 Form (04/22/05) if you haven’t filled it out yet.

Yes, passport type photos are now used for ALL immigration petitions.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf

Ray

Howard
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'm confused too :-), posted by Ray on Jun 13, 2005

...and now for the rest of the story

I misuderstood--Imagine THAT!!!--the Work Auth instructions.  I thought we had to file it before her original Visa expired or wait until we submitted the AOS package, so I filed it right before her 90 days was up, thinking that she would be able to work while we got everything together for the AOS package, i.e. Quit Claim Deed, Bank Accounts, etc...

They have sent correspondence asking for a picture, saying they need it to complete processing her application.  I have not yet submitted the AOS stuff.

Do you think I should send the photo(s) and see if they approve it?  That was my thinking.  OR do you think that this application will affect the AOS?

I know I blew in hindsight, any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Keep the Faith!

H

Keith NC
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Okay, Sooooo..., posted by Howard on Jun 17, 2005

Howard,

How are you?  I was thinking about you lastnight after your Pistons whipped up on Tim Duncan and the Spurs.  I am a Spurs fan because Tim Duncan played his college ball at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem, NC.  

I was feeling pretty good after the first two games now I am a little bummed.  The Palace is just a brutal place to play for visiting teams. But I guess if the Pistons win the Championship again.  It won't be a total loss Rasheed Wallace went to UNC.

I still think the Spurs will pull it off though or I will eat crow I guess.  LOL.  

Keith

Howard
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Okay, Sooooo..., posted by Keith NC on Jun 18, 2005

K~

Everything is better than I could have ever imagined in Howard-land Tongue  Gerlie has quickly become my best-friend and everything we do, we do together.  It's great to have someone so interested in the little mundane things that make up my life.  She's always attentive when I have had a tough day at work and always offers support and understanding.  It's just nice to know that someone really cares!  

I have been working a lot in the studio.  At first it was a little bit of a problem, but we discussed it over the course of a few weeks and, now that she understands how my brain works Tongue and I make an effort to only spend a few hours at a time down there , it's just like anything else with us Smiley  I have been explaining the art of recording and computer editing to her and she seems very interested to know more about the mistress that keeps me from devoting all of my attention to her Tongue LOL  I keep threatening to teach how to engineer so that she can engineer my guitar tracks on the album I am working on Tongue  She's game.... we'll have to see how it works out Tongue  Hehehehehehehehee

Pistons, yeah right... now you know how I felt after game 2!  We STUNK in San Antonio Tongue  If they can keep Ginobili out of it, they have a good chance.  I'm just glad I don't have to suffer Manu hoisting the trophy within driving distance of me.  I don't know if I could resist the temptation to drive to the Palace and hit him with it!  Man I learned to hate him quickly!!!  Hahahahahahahaha  Although, he was MUCH more tolerable in games 3 and 4 Tongue  LOL

I remember Hunter as a rookie.  He was supposed to be the next Isiah Thomas, until Thomas go jealous and froze him out.  Lindsay has always been a class guy in the NBA and in the community.  It was fun to watch him have such a great offensive game.  He always brings the D, but has been shooting enough bricks in the finals to build me a new house! Hahahahahaha

Is anyone more of a man than Ben?  I think not Tongue

I'm glad my boys are doing their thing, but I gotta admit I hate seeing Duncan look so down.  I think he's as classy a guy as has ever played sports.  I am a big Tim fan.  Except when he plays MY Pistons Tongue

Keep the Faith, Bro!

GO PISTONS

H

Ray
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Okay, Sooooo..., posted by Howard on Jun 17, 2005

$175 down the drain!

If you filed an application for EAD during the 90-day period after she arrived, you wasted your money. Let’s see, $175 is approximately 292 beers (at Costco)! Just teasing Howard. But seriously, NOBODY should EVER file an I-765 for a K-1 during the first 90 days. The K-1 category (a)(6) EAD is good ONLY for the first 90 days and cannot be renewed. Because it generally takes at least 2-3 months to process, it’s a waste of time and money to apply AND the EAD is NOT required for K-1s during the first 90 days. I have heard of a few occasions where the CIS gave a K-1 a temporary EAD at no charge because some employers don’t understand the complicated laws.

After the 90-day period, a K-1 can apply for an EAD either along with or after filing the I-485 (AOS). The EAD eligibility category for AOS applicants is (c)(9). After 90 days, she won’t be able to work ‘legally’ without that EAD.

Note: If your EAD application is not processed within 90 days, you can go to your local CIS office and get a temporary EAD, usually on the spot.

If you brought a copy of your original I-765 petition and proof of fee payment to the AOS interview and plead ignorance and confusion, you just “might” get a sympathetic immigration officer who will put in for a refund of your $175. But I wouldn’t count on it :-)

Ray

Howard
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oh No!, posted by Ray on Jun 17, 2005

"Let’s see, $175 is approximately 292 beers (at Costco)!"

You kill me dude Tongue

Thanks for confirming what I thought.  USCIS should make out now that they have some many filable forms for internet processing.  It's just like so many other things.  A moment of weakness or indecision and some else makes a bucket of your cash Tongue  That's what I get for not trusting my judgement Tongue

Hahahahahahahahaa

Keep the Faith

GO PISTONS!!

H

Windmill Boy
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'm confused too :-), posted by Ray on Jun 13, 2005

Howard and Ray

We received  the receipts for the 3 forms a couple of days ago after filing them in early May.

I 485 application for permanent residence  $ 315.00
I 765 Work authorization                   $ 175.00
I 131 Advance parole                       $ 165.00

I 765 is approved awaiting Biometrics (fingerprint and pictures) to be done in Buffalo.  they are processing applications from march 2005  right now the USCIS  lady told me today on the phone.

I 131  should be awarded hopefully in 60 - 90 days.

I 485 is held up because the USCIS representativein Buffalo gave us incorrect information. The letter stated that we had to remit the $ 70.00 fingerprinting fee to Chicago  within 87 days or the application could be rejected.  Needless to say we priority mailed the check to Chicago the next day.  The USCIS rep. in Buffalo said that we pay the   $ 70.00 in Buffalo when the fingerprinting is done.  WRONG !!! INCORRECT !!!  To avoid problems mail the $70.00 fingerprinting fee to Chicago when you mail the other  3  checks.  

I do not think this will effect us too much however in the big scheme of things.  The USCIS Lady told me today that  they are only working on the applications from November 2004  right now.  I believe at a later date we will have to go back to Buffalo for finger printing again.

KEEPING THE FAITH

ERIC

Howard
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I'm confused too :-), posted by Windmill Boy on Jun 13, 2005

Windy,

Hang in there bud, I'm right behind you Tongue

Give our regards to Kat Cheesy

Keep the Faith!

H

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: