Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 04:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition Approved  (Read 6607 times)
Keith NC
« on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Today is a good day.  I received the notice of action that our petition has been approved and is being sent to NVC in New Hampshire.  It will take NVC 2 to 4 weeks to process this and then send it to the US Embassy in Manila so they can schedule Anecitas interview.

They received our I129F petition on April 26th.  Our notice date was May 4.  Then next notice date was June 10th.  Approval notice is from June 10th to October 9, 2005.  The California center is super fast.  

It isn't over yet but I can breathe a little easier now that it is moving along swiftly.  

Howard
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Petition Approved, posted by Keith NC on Jun 17, 2005

Keith,

CONGRATS!!!

Gerlie and I are both very happy for you Smiley  Know that when Anecita gets here she will need some Filipina support and we will be happy to help her through the rough spots Smiley  Gerlie finds out a couple of new things a week and asks the most adorable questions.  She will have plenty of important info for her when she gets here Tongue

Keep the Faith!

H

Craigjjs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations!

I had a similar fast result recently for my 129-F at the Vermont service center.  Two weeks from filing to approval.  It took only another week for the State Department to send the package to the local embassy (Ho Chi Minh City in my case).

Craig

Keith NC
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Petition Approved, posted by Craigjjs on Jun 17, 2005

Congratulations Craig!

Is your fiancee with you now?  Wow, looks like the Vermont center is even faster than California.  I guess they have streamlined some of this stuff.

Hey craig, what did you think of Vietnam?  My Father was a Navy fighter pilot during the war in Vietnam.  He said that it is a very beautiful country.

Two years ago a Vietnames Minister named Nim lived with me for about six months before his wife and two young sons arrived in the United States.  I had an extra room and I did it as a favor for my Father so that Nim wouldn't have to pay rent.  At the time Nim was really struggling to bring his Family to the United States.  Nim and I are really good friends now.  He is a great Minister and Family man.  His wife is a great cook.  You can never have too many friends whose wifes are great cooks.  LOL.      

I know I don't have to tell you this but the Vietnamese are very loyal and  business oriented.  I am very impressed with there work ethic.

Craigjjs
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Petition Approved, posted by Keith NC on Jun 17, 2005

Thanks Keith.

My fiance is still in Vietnam.  We are going the fiance visa route.  I will be visiting her the end of July, but being apart is miserible.

I have been to Vietnam three times now for an agreggate of about two months.  I have been mostly to the South.  Uyen lives in a village in Long An province about 70 miles southwest of Saigon.  I did spend a weekend in Hanoi during my first week.  Uyen and I spent about a week in Dalat.  It is in the central highlands and a popular vacation destination for the Vietnamese.  In Dalat, the weather is nice and temperatures moderate.  We plan to visit Hue on my next trip.

Vietnam is beautiful in some areas, but it is very much a third world country.  The government is dysfunctional and the infrastructure limited.  There is little if any environmental regulation so some beautiful areas are jeapordized.  For example, some of the smaller rivers, even the Saigon River in places, are filled with garbage.  The big cities seem to fill with smog from the motorbikes and wood stoves.  I am no tree hugger, but it is striking.  Despite all that, there is something about the place that draws me back (in addition to the woman I love).  Just little things, like school girls wearing ao dais and riding their bikes to school, streets clogged with motorbikes, kids holding hands walking down the street (boys with boys, girls with girls, no boys with girls), brilliant green rice paddys, an orange setting sun.  As much as I miss some of the conveniences of American life when I am there, when I fly into Saigon I have a genuine happiness that is hard to explain.

I agree with you on the work ethic.  A six day work week is normal and many work 12 hours a day.  I have great admiration for the Vietnamese I know.  They have enormous inner strength combined with a great capicity for love and kindness.  The extended family and strong family ethic is still present for many.

I wish I could say that my fiance is a great cook, but....  It was just not her job.  She has 9 brothers and sisters.  They all have different roles in the family.  Uyen is the youngest and the only University graduate.  Her role was to get an education, find a good job and help provide financial support.  Siblings do the cooking, cleaning, home maintenance and work.  Some are married and have children of their own, but still come home every weekend and help support the parents.  I love being around on Sundays when the whole family and all the grand kids are there.  Vietnamese food is unique.  I really enjoy a number of dishes and dump the hot sauce and chili peppers on everything I eat at home.  Uyen is undergoing intensive training in cooking and promises to be an expert by the time she arrives here Smiley

Want to share some of your travel experiences?

Congratulations again and good luck.

Craig

Bear
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Awesome dude!

The Bear Family

Keith NC
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Petition Approved, posted by Bear on Jun 17, 2005

Thanks Bear!  Thanks for all your support.
Ray
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Great news Keith!

That was super fast. And to think that Eric moved to New York just so he wouldn't have to file through California where they are so slow (just kidding Eric). Don't be surprised if NVC finishes with it in about a week.

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Petition Approved, posted by Ray on Jun 17, 2005

Thanks Ray. I was pleasantly surprised by the quick action.  Especially when it involves the Government.

I wanted to thank you for all your help. Especially regarding my passport as proof that I am a US citizen. Great heads up on that one.  

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: