Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 03:39:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uh oh...................  (Read 6248 times)
Jay
« on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone else who is ex military, received a letter like I did today. It was from the Dept. of Defense telling me I had been selected to return to active duty working for the DOD. It was special delivery to my door. It had a bunch of locations I could go to in Orlando to use a secure line to call the number listed.

Well, I called from a building at the Executive airport across the street. They have a little military building there, for  military flights passing through. When I was cleared by the Air national guard Captain there, I got on the phone.

Long story short, I was told to wait for further instructions by a Colonel who answered the phone. I told him I had a heart attack 3 years ago, and that I'm out of shape. I said I went to prison shortly after my short stint in the service. None of this phased the Colonel on the other end of the line. He said we know all that. We also know you were arrested June 2 on an outstanding DUI warrant from 2003 in Broward. That is how they got my address. Apparently they were looking for me for a couple of months. I told him finally that last time I worked for the DOD in '81, it was the worst mistake I ever made. That it cost me my military career, along with about the next 20 years of my life, from self destructing through prison, crime and drugs and alcohol. A lot of this brought on by my 5 week assignment working for DOD.

Colonel Fried (that was his name, like as in fried chicken LOL!) I asked him who exactly he was and where he worked and what was his title. He told me,"I am your reporting officer, that's all you need to know until your Top Secret security clearance is reinstated which should be by the end of next week or the beginning of the one after that, as most of the report on my background was already done.

BY this time I thought, this can't be real, and I'm looking around for the camera and Alan Funt and my wife or brother to come out of the closet, laughing or something. However, nobody was around, Only me in that back room. So I started to get sick, I was about to puke, but I swallowed my bile. I was in a cold sweat and had dropped the phone. I leaned on a small desk in the room and got my act together for a minute. I was going back in time to '81 and remembering things I had not really let myself think of in years. I was told when I was let go from the Air Force, I had to forget what had happened and never ever repeat what had happened. Not even to my  mother. Except for letting it slip a couple of times when drunk (I never told the whole story except to Matt in 2003, I think he believed me but nobody else ever did, I felt. I would tell half truths that really did sound like B.S.. Next time I saw these people I let it slipp to, I told them something like, "Hey I'm sorry, I was drunk and lying, I do that when I'm drunk." So I kept that oath easily.

After I felt a little better, I got pi$$ed. Real pi$$ed. I put the phone back up to my ear and asked if Fried was still there. He asked if I was ok, and I told him, I wasn't. That I had a bad habit I had picked up since being in the Philippines at Clark. This time he sounded actually a bit concerned, and asked what was the bad habit. I told him, "oh nothing really, I just like to smoke Crack from morning till night, and that since I don't make enough money to support my $200 a day habit, I supplement it by sucking dick's for the money." There was dead silence for a minute on  the phone. I then, said, "I'll bet that disqualifies me, now don't it, Colonel." Without pausing he said, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you were going to tell me something like you had a heroin addiction or something. No, we can handle sucking dicks for Crack, no problem."

He then laughed what sounded like a genuine laugh, and said thanks for your reporting promptly. He told me to look at being selected as "redemption". He said it takes 2 active or past DOD officers and 2 active or retired military NCO's or officers who served with me, to vouch for me to be "looked up," as he put it. He said I had more than twice that many. I had high recommendations from all. He said that my "real" military record, not the public one (never heard that I had a "real" record and a public one), was actually pretty good, and that if I ever wanted to be able to get my full benefits, and be allowed to wear two medals I had gotten, but was never given, to think long and hard about coming back for a couple of years. He also said I would get back pay and rank, if all went well. He told me to think  about that for a couple of weeks while I wait for instructions on where and when to report for Psyche testing, interview and final evaluation. I asked him what if I don't want to do this. He said, "It's a free country, you can say no, but your country needs you, so think about it."

Well, I'm still waiting for The Candid Camera crew to show up! :-)

Has anyone received this letter or something similar? I sure hope so because this is all too weird for me. They can't be serious. I've always said that the country would have to be really desperate to let me back in. Maybe we are in more trouble than the powers that be, let on?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice, comment's  etc. on this folks.

Jay

Bear
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Uh oh..................., posted by Jay on Jun 23, 2005

Sounds like adventure to me.  Honorable work, secure position, back pay, title, respect.  Not sure what your concern is.

Bear

Jay
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gee Jay, posted by Bear on Jun 24, 2005

Hi Bear,

Well, if I thought it was real it would have been great, but I knew all along it was wrong. I just thought it was a mistake. I was also concerned that the Government would know about something that happened on June 2. That would have been wierd. Also I was a bit concerned about somone on a phone bringing up my activities in the Air Force.

Take Care,
Jay

Ray
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Are you sure this isn't The Walker? LOL!
stevjulietb
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Uh oh..................., posted by Ray on Jun 23, 2005

Good one Ray, I forgot about the "Walker".  I hope he is still at the Alfi-Paki border. I know I feel safer. LOL

Steveb

Jay
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Uh oh..................., posted by Ray on Jun 23, 2005

HI Ray,

LMMFAO!!! You F@ck!!!! This really happened to me today! I sh!t you not. And no, I'm not drinkin' LOL! I haven't had a drop in almost 18 months! :-)

I WAS at first seriously thinking that this had to be some kind of mix up, (I had a cousin who was a Vietnam vet who saw a lot of action there. He died a few years ago in Ocala which is right up the road from here. The man was a New York City Homicide detective after Vietnam. He died of a heart attack at 52. He lived an honorable life in and out of the service.) He would be more their type. I should not be eligible for any security clearance, I thought, because of my felony. Also what about a heart attack?? That definitely makes me ineligible for any kind of service. , or so I thought. maybe they got a cushy desk job for me. LOL!

I remember reading here recently somebody got called for a retiree Physical to be called back and was laughed out the door by the docs when they saw he was 65 years old. Who was that, do you remember? I'm sure this is like that. Also I don't THINK I know anyone who presently works for DoD. I know 5 people serving in Iraq, one Air Force E-4, 2 army enlisted, and two Marines, one NCO, one officer, but these people never served with me. Most are just friend's relatives or casual friends. So I wouldn't know who the f@ck, they could be talking about.

The thing is this Fried knew all about what I never told anyone for 24 years. This is really bothering me. You don't see any smileys in my post.

I'm feeling sick to my stomach over this. Could this be somebody from those days still at DoD playing with me. I met some really weird cats in those days. Spooks, ya know?

That's my guess, somebody  who was there or somehow got into the sealed  part of my military records, because they have access to DoD letterhead and a secure line. Whatever it is, it realy has me kinda freaked.  I'm not joking, just wish I was.

Take Care,
Jay a.k.a. The Walker the 2nd----> Goes to oil up his Tomahawk and longbarrel sniper rifle he refers to as "Annie Oakly." LMMFAO!

Ray
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Uh oh..................., posted by Jay on Jun 23, 2005

Jay, you had me scared there. Thought you were having the DT’s or something.

Hey, this sounds like a no-brainer. If they are really willing to give you full back pay and advancement from 1981, then go for it. Shit, you’ll be rich, at least until the IRS gets a hold of you (LOL). You’ll be able to retire in a few years at 75% and probably with a full disability on top of it. You can run off to the PI and buy an island inhabited with topless native girls.

Now shut up about that heart attack and the sucking d***s part and start practicing your push-ups! :-)

Ray

Jay
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Well..., posted by Ray on Jun 24, 2005

LMMFAO!!

I knew they weren't wanting me. I guess it's back to sucking d*cks! LOL!

Take Care,
Jay

senior citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Uh oh..................., posted by Jay on Jun 23, 2005

It was me who was called back in through a monumental snafu. If you have really had a felony conviction and served hard time someone is either pulling your leg or you need to get a new crack dealer, he's cutting yours with loco weed. ;-)

With a felony conviction and hard time there is NO WAY you'll be resinstated to any sort of clearance, let alone Top Secret.

Jay
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Uh oh..................., posted by senior citizen on Jun 23, 2005

Hi Senior,

Of course you right and I KNEW this as well. I just was floored by my letter. Thought it was a mix up, maybe with my cousin of the same name, who was in Vietnam. That was my best guess. I never would have guessed such a thing as an elaborate practical joke. Amazing!

Thanks for your reply though, it kept me knowing what I know, that I won't be recalled and never could. I didn't get excited and believe it. Not too much, anyway. :-)

Take care,
Jay

david hagar
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hope you enjoy  your tour

Beattledog

Jay
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Uh oh..................., posted by david hagar on Jun 23, 2005

Hi Beattledog,

I'm not sure what is going on with this, but I believe this is some kind of crazy mistake. Or one hell of an elaborate, sick joke or hoax. I would be last, after grannies and flamming Gays, that the DoD, military, or any other government agency would want to let back in.

First thing in the morning I will be on the phone to DoD in Alexandria, Va., asking about this, Col. Fried, the phone number and extension. I am very good at getting answers, even over the phone. I think I'll even copy and scan the envelope and letter to them.

Thanks for the laugh,though. :-)

Take Care,
Jay

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: