Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 05:11:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Windmill Boy!  (Read 5915 times)
Bob S
« on: June 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations to Eric and Shi Hui who yesterday (Sat. June 25th) had their official wedding ceremony (though were legally hitched at the city hall many weeks ago).
Hey Eric, be sure and post pics!

Bob & Akiko

Windmill Boy
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congrats Windmill Boy!, posted by Bob S on Jun 26, 2005

Thank you Bob ...

and everyone else for remembering our wedding day this last  weekend.  Over all  It was  a good success and went off quite  well.

Kathryn and I just returned this  morning at 5 AM   driving back to Rochester  from Boston after  decompressing for a couple of days.  Serves me right for leaving Boston at  9 pm  ha ha ha  with a 6 hour drive and a couple hours to snooze in the car at a rest  area enroute.

It  has been an exhausting and challenging couple of months to plan an American styled wedding in such a short time.  Kathryns  family is in China and were unable to help. My mother  is elderly and could not assist  us other than financially.  Kathryn does not drive yet and was  unsure about American wedding practices.  So basically  3/4 of the burden of planning the event fell on my shoulders.  I certainly got a crash course in wedding planning.  Being that I am a pastry chef  I also took it upon myself to provide cookies at the church and I made the cake and pastries  for the reception that we held at a local chinese restaraunt ( a 9 - 10 course meal).  

We went to a local vietnamese hair dressor guy do the makeup and hair. It cost alot more  than  supercuts  but  it was  worth it  she looked  good.  

About 100 guests  all in all and  the  ceremony was nice and appropriate.   My best  friend  did the official  photography  and we  hired a Videographer  to capture the ceremony and provide us with DVD and VCD versions so we can share the  event  with her  family back in china.

It  was a nice day but I am glad it is over and I can become a normal person again.  I told Kathryn she better not divorce me because I never want to go through this again  ha ha ha.   I  would like to share pictures  when they are available  but  Kathryn is reluctant to be put on the web  any mre than she has to so we will see  what happens.

Thank you for remembering

ERIC

Ray
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Congrats Windmill Boy!, posted by Windmill Boy on Jun 30, 2005

Congratulations and best wishes Eric & Kat!

Just like the weddings in the Philippines where the gay hairdresser is usually the biggest expense (LOL).

I understand your bride's feelings about posting pics, but I really would like to see a photo of that cake :-)

Ray

Windmill Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Congrats Windmill Boy!, posted by Ray on Jun 30, 2005

Ray about that Cake....

the cake was the quasi fiasco of the marriage.   first of all I  could not design my ideal  cake  because  I was  not able to deliver it myself  and I could not use Buttercream  or a chocolate icing because of fear of melting as the day was  90 F.  So I designed the cake so it would be built Ford tough.   I filled the cake a couple of days ahead of time and I had my coworker  wrap rolled fondant around the cake  while I did work for her  the morning of the wedding as it was a very busy week at the club.  So we  hussled it out the door putting it on a pedistal and into my car.  

I was  driving slowly  but  after  5 - 7 minutes  I looked in my rear view  mirror  and I saw the Cake stand but not the Cake   and I said to myself  OHH  NOOOOOOOO.  I arrived home and the cake was  still relatively in one piece.  so I  placed it back on the stand and I rushed it into the house.   I  yelled to my brother to rush to the church nearby to pick up the flowers  that I  ordered for the cake top and to grab some other flowers from the arrangements at church.  in the mean time  I was  tucking and folding and prodding the fondant to have te cake resemble it original look somehow.

With the flowers laid on top   it covered most of the problems. I wrapped the cake with plastic wrap so it would not slide off the pedistal again and then my brother rushed the cake to the chinese restaurant with the pastries which opened at 10:30  and the ceremony started at 11 am. with the way the cake was designed and the way it looked  we  pulled it off that it did not look too bad.  It  tasted good  but  we  really did not focus on the  pictures  of  the cake.

well there  has to be a hitch at  every  wedding  but I did not imagine to be repairing the cake 1 and a half hours  before  the wedding   ha ha ha.

ERIC

Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Congrats Windmill Boy!, posted by Windmill Boy on Jun 30, 2005

Well done Eric, and best wishes for a wonderful life together!

- Jeff

Jimbo
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congrats Windmill Boy!, posted by Bob S on Jun 26, 2005

Eric,

Your story is a great one and I admire your persistence.  There's a lesson there for the newbies.  After the Japan trip with the one who didn't work out, and the pastry quest :-), you kept at it and went to China and found your sweetheart halfway around the world.  Fantastic!  Best wishes for both of you in the years ahead.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: