Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 01:04:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help  (Read 6830 times)
bryan
« on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

We sent in for the removal of conditions and they sent us back a form saying if we dont hear anything for 6 months to call. The number is no good now, any ideas on who I should contact, would it be my service center or the state office where they did the AOS. And on May 2nd will be 3 years and she wants top get citizenship, I should be able to figure out that process but any tips that might help would be appreciated. Can she apply and test for citizenship before conditions are lifted? I think her card has actually expired and she is currently using her passport I 551 stamp as proof of residency?
Ray
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to help, posted by bryan on Apr 16, 2005

After you filed the I-751, she should have received a Form G-854 in the mail extending her Green Card for one year. It is normal for them to take over a year to process those petitions. If it still hasn’t been approved after one year, then they should mail her another one-year extension. If she doesn’t receive anything after a year, then you can make an InfoPass appointment with your local CIS office to ask for their guidance. Forget about trying to phone your service center.

She can file an N-400 petition for citizenship when she has been a permanent resident for 3 years (can file 3 months before 3rd anniversary). The removal of conditions does not have to be approved first. The three years is computed starting from the “Resident Since” date on her Green Card and not from the date of her arrival in the U.S.

Ray

bryan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: help, posted by Ray on Apr 16, 2005

Thanx ray, yes we recieved a notice of action letter back in july of 04 for I 751 (it doesnt say its G-854 on it)saying that they were extending her PR for a year and that if we didnt hear from them in 8 months to contact a number which is disconnected. It looks like an InfoPass Appointment is the path, what is that?

As far as citizenship we will do the N400 in about a month, it almost seems like a waste of a $200 fee at this point for the removal of conditions.

observer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: help, posted by bryan on Apr 16, 2005

My wife and I are in the same position regarding the I-751.We got the NOA saying it was extended for one year. We didn't hear anything after eight months so we made the InfoPass appt online.Mind you we just needed to ask a simple question.We had to take some time off work and drive an hour to get there.Our appt was at 2:30PM. We got there at 2:15 and got on line.They then said all appts from 2:30 on were canceled and need to be rescheduled.No reason given.Then when I questioned it,of course,they gave me that "attitude".I take an extra blood pressure pill every time I go to this place.If too many more visits are required to this place I fear I will be arrested.My wife,of course, is just like the other immigrants there and does not want to rock any boats so she suffers in silence.She usually gets mad at me cause I start dropping F bombs and I embarrass her:)Over the last four years we have been down there 6 times and each time has sucked.Sitting on a side walk in downtown MIA at 3 in the AM is no fun.

Anyway, end of rant. Bottom line is we made another appt and my wife got a stamp in her passport that is good for another 9 months.OK to travel and work.Good luck on your papers.

Ray
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: help, posted by bryan on Apr 16, 2005

We filed my wife’s I-751 over 2 years ago and she STILL hasn’t received her new card yet. Yes, it does seem like a waste of money!

Her N-400 got lost but now after 13 months they finally sent an appointment letter for fingerprints. This CIS is a big worthless piece of shit IMHO (LOL).

InfoPass is the new way to get information or ask a stupid question. They don’t like us peons phoning them and bothering their royal asses, so you have to make an appointment and go down to your local office in person just to get any accurate info. Forget about that national customer (non)service number because the info they give out is wrong most of the time. You can make an InfoPass appointment online if you wish to go in and speak to a live Immigration Officer at your local CIS office:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Good luck,

Ray

bryan
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to help, posted by bryan on Apr 16, 2005

[This message has been edited by bryan]

Is the form an N400

has resided continuously as a lawful permanent resident in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to filing with no single absence from the United States of more than one year;

Then under waivers I find this so im thinkin she can apply for naturalization under this waiver

Family Members of U.S. Citizens

Spouses of U.S. Citizens

Generally, certain lawful permanent residents married to a U.S. citizen may file for naturalization after residing continuously in the United States for three years if immediately preceding the filing of the application:

the applicant has been married to and living in a valid marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse for all three years;

the U.S. spouse has been a citizen for all three years and meets all physical presence and residence requirements; and

the applicant meets all other naturalization requirements.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: