Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 05:49:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honey's Status  (Read 5585 times)
Bear
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Honey got her temporary "Green Card" today, after going through the AOS interview.  I was really amazed at how little information they requested and and how few questions they asked.  We spent weeks preparing for the interview and it was over in 15 minutes after we gave them a copy of our son's birth certificate, copies of our drivers liscense, a new letter of employment from my company and confirmed previous signatures.  I was very surprised to see in that the folder had papers I had filed nearly 5 years ago for the original K-3 and some papers from Manila.  I was even able to get a copy of my employers original employment letter so that I can now go back to my office and clear up a pay problem that had occurred 3 years ago.  (My employer dropped my pay after the original offer but I had no proof other than that letter.  Now I can ask for compensation per the original employment letter!)

Our initial financial problem that caused us to delay the application was relieved last year and it took exactly 11 months from the date of filing to the interview.  Honey now says she's legal but in reality unless we had left the country or she wanted to work she didn't need to apply for the green card.

Another fincial problem appears to be finally going away and we are near approval for our home - should know this week, (no more than 3 I hope).  Honey and I are planning a trip to Disney World about this time next year to celebrate (that is of course unless she gets preganant again).  Maybe we can plan a Floridian PL/Mag-anak Meet.

The Bear Family

stevjulietb
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Honey's Status, posted by Bear on Mar 22, 2005

We would love to get together.  Our place is about 2 hours from Disney.  We moved and have been waiting for 8 months, just to hear if they recieved our change of address.  

Steveb

Bear
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Honey's Status, posted by stevjulietb on Mar 23, 2005

Did you know that you can file a change of address now with your tax return?  I was not aware of that till a few weeks ago.  Since we're buying a home I guess I'll be refiling that form again next month.

Honey's been picking out all the cabinets, countertops, carpet, equipment and fixtures, etc. but still wasn't to happy we were purchasing a used home over a new one.  Once she saw the equity, lower payment and tax refund for next year (that will allow the trip to Disney), she perked up.  Nice to buy a place that pays off all our incidental expenses (credit cards and loans) and lowers our monthly payment over renting.  Add this into the job promotion with raise and bonus' and it's gonna be an awesome year.

Not bragging fellas.  Just feel like I'm due.

When I was married to an AM it seemed everything that could go wrong, did. Couldn't get my way with the government, creditors, job or her.  With Honey I'm charmed, I have to make an effort but it seems I can lose anymore.  Think I'm gonna go out and buy a bunch of lotto tickets!!!

The Bear Family

Luther
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Honey's Status, posted by Bear on Mar 22, 2005

It sounds like you guys have been through a lot and put forth a huge effort.  Lots of hurdles and sticking to it.  Congratulations, and would you mind telling me what is the difference between a green card and a temporary green card?
Bear
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Honey's Status, posted by Luther on Mar 23, 2005

A temporary green card is a stamp in your passport until the pink colored "green" card arrives.  Allowing you the ability to leave and enter the country (advanced parole), work, etc.

The Bear Family

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: