Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 12:33:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 years Later  (Read 5784 times)
Bear
« on: April 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Bear]

11 years ago I had a heart attack.  How could such a thing happen to a 40 y.o. man?  I had struggled as most do, I felt no diffference between myself and by brothers.  I had the same hopes and dreams and desires.  Myabe a slightly higher code of honor (my name is McKnight).  I tilled at my windmills and won most battle but the toll was awesome on my body - a fact I had not expected.  My protection was supported by a love who I guess knew not how to love.  For the protection needed only be to be loved, the scars of battle were expected.  We all have them.  The victory would bring great reward.

I sat contemplating how such a thing come about and decided that such had to be eliminated.  The job, the debt, the position my spouse locked me into with her critcisms of all "our" friends.  In effect she had isolated us from all who in the past had given me affection.

I did a misdirection play and moved my family to a place no one expected while bragging about heading to a completely different city.  It worked.  I quickly changed carreers and debt started disappearing.  Those who had inhibited my career couldn't find me and when they did their effect here was minimal.  My crusade was at an impasse, no win nor loss.  I made some effecorts to correct the love life but it was fruitless and I ended it shortly after my youngest turned 18.  People looked at me strangely as I yelled, "I'm free".

That was 5 years ago today, the day I met Honey.

It was as I hoped but it wasn't the life I had experienced.  My prayers confirmed incrediatbly strong, that this was my future.  It was indeed and awesome, undeniable feeling.  The question was supposed (can only ask in person ya' know) and plans made, a new life to begin.  But all had to go through that old enemy of my crusade.

Wouldn't you believe it!?  My crusade reared its massive head in a pure bout of utter ignorance and stupidity (on their part).  Offered me my dreams of the last 25 years on a silver platter.  Only time, 7-10 years of court room appearances (not to mention public speaking, books and talk shows), stood between me and fame and fortune.  A ploebe's faux pa and I was on my way.  I couldn't loose.  I knew 3 others who won exactly the same way, the least got $11.3 million.

Honey was hurt! And some members of this board appeared to hate me because of her post.  I had to stand back.  I had not expected this to happen in this manner - I had even assumed the crusade over many years back.  But it was a given - I won.  I needed only collect.  

$11.3 million wasn't worth 7 years of my life and Honey's hurt.  I repented.  I tweaked the ploebe and ended the bout in less than a week.

Today, 5 years later, we are about to move into our new home, my debt shortly eliminated, my job is a rocket going straight up,  Honey has her permenant visa, my son is a joy and yes, Honey's pregnant again (with a girl we pray).

My health?  Who cares - I'm loved. (actually its quite good!)

The Bear Family

Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 5 years Later, posted by Bear on Apr 3, 2005

Glad to hear it Bear.  A happy asian wife is priceless.  Best wishes for you and your growing family.

Six years ago I was home alone on Christmas week, sitting at my new computer, amazed by the wonders of the internet and wishing I had someone to share it with.  I was dialed in to the world with a processor blazing away at 75 MHz (or was is 125 MHz?) but I had nobody to talk to.  Then I stumbled across Cherry Blossoms.  I had a hard time believing that any of these women were real, with their hobbies of "pocketbooks" and singing.

An old fashioned penpal friendship with someone half-way around the world?  Eight dollars for a few addresses, why not?  I ran through a bunch of pics and bios and made my selections.  One of them was a thin girl with a big, big smile.  She looked like a naturally cheerful person.  That's what I wanted, yes indeed, although for the past couple of years I knew my disposition had slowly decended into a dark realm of cynicism and apathy.  Would she want someone like me?

There was another snag:  she was 30 and wanted someone 40 or under.  Sh_t.  But wait - her ad was nearly three years old.  She was 33 now and I was 44.  Maybe that will be close enough for her... if she's still around.

Well, the rest is history.  Now I'm sitting here on my bed with my lovely wife beside me.  She's laughing away at a corny movie and I'm feeling grateful for all my blessings.  This wide-screen laptop is blazing away with AMD 64 bit Athlon technology - and I'm wireless!  It's about damn time!

Jimbo

Bear
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 6 years Later, posted by Jimbo on Apr 5, 2005

Good to hear your up with technology but your still in the bedroom!!

Funny how situations change your path and goals, yet still leave things in the "comfort zone".  I just don't feel like tilting at windmills anymore.  I won and know I could again.

Now my biggest problems are tampo amd PMS!!  Think I advanced to the real problems of the world!!

Bear

stevjulietb
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to 5 years Later, posted by Bear on Apr 3, 2005

It's truely amazing the positive effect love has on all of us!  Conversely, the power of hate is devastating.  We wish for nothing but great things for you and the bear family.

Steve & Julietb

Bear
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 5 years Later, posted by stevjulietb on Apr 3, 2005

I think no one can ever imagine what the fates have planned for them.  It sure isn't the path I headed down and no where near where I thought I'd be.  But ya know, I like it.

Who would have thought I'd like sleeping in a twin sized bed and knowing half of it isn't used?

Bear

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: