Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 03:35:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Citizenship test - she passed!  (Read 23978 times)
Keith NC
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Citizenship test - she passed!, posted by Jimbo on Jan 9, 2005

Congratulations I wish you guys the best.
Jimbo
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Citizenship test - she passed!, posted by Keith NC on Jan 11, 2005

I hope you still get to the Phils no matter how it works out with your sweetie.  Jay's advice was great: you can't go wrong by just going there - so many opportunities in such a wonderful place.  Good luck!

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Citizenship test - she passed!, posted by Jimbo on Jan 9, 2005

Hi Sally and Jim,

That is GREAT news! We need more Republicans up there in Kerry and Kennedy Kountry!

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to CONGRATULATIONS SALLY!, posted by Dave H on Jan 10, 2005

Hi Dave,

Hey, you know you've been working waaaay too hard.  We're overdue for a song parody on some timely topic.  Hmmm... the tsunami?  No, that would be too insensitive, even for you Shocked)))  Maybe something about CBS news or cave divers???

Jim

Surigao Ken
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Jim and Sally,

Forgive us down here in the South, but can you give us the answers to the questions? And do they have a buffet at Faneuil during the test?

Surigao Ken

Jimbo
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congrats Jim and Sally, But..., posted by Surigao Ken on Jan 10, 2005

-The President during the Civil War was Jefferson Davis.
-The Constitution is the supreme law of the Yankees.
-The way to change the Constitution is to secede from the Union.

...........You're killing me, I can't go on.... ROFL!!

Jim

jon
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Easy test for Sally.

Jon

Jimbo
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Citizenship test - she passed!, posted by jon on Jan 10, 2005

..for that beautifully concise post - Tneal would be proud :-)))

Jim

Windmill Boy
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Congratulations  Jimbo  and Sally

Now you have a good excuse to pick out a nice place to celebrate.  

I'm toying with the idea of driving down to the Big Dig  for a day or two  for the honeymoon in the end of June.

I remember  driving up to Denver  when I was in Colorado Springs to see my Hungarian friend  swear in as a citizen  it was  quite intersting.   Now he and his family are in Provincetown  so we might swinng out to visit him sooner or later.  Honeymoon --- a good excuse to go to the cape and bean town !

All the best to both of you !!!

ERIC

Jimbo
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Union Oyster house Celebration time or L..., posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 10, 2005

Jim and I are going to celebrate on 52th floor in Prudential Building the Top Of The Hub.  That's my favorite restaurant in Boston. I do like the foods there and the view .Shocked)

Hey, congatulation to you too. How's newly wed life?

Take care!

Sally

jon
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank You Eric............Sally, posted by Jimbo on Jan 10, 2005

Ahem, Jim is the view...just joking.

jon

Windmill Boy
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank You Eric............Sally, posted by Jimbo on Jan 10, 2005

Sally

Ive never  eaten there  but I knew a guy who worked at top of the hub  it sounds like you made the good choice -- enjoy.

Our interview is coming up next week.  I will fly to china in the end march and help her move here.  First a justice of the peace  wedding  within a week or 2 of her coming here  and the real wedding is June 25 th.

ERIC

Stephen
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Union Oyster house Celebration time or L..., posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 10, 2005

Hey Windy...if you drove through the Colorado Springs area you saw lots of beautiful scenery.  I think the most beautiful part of Colorado is around Durango and about 100 miles north to Ouray, Colorado.  Did you drive through that area also?

Stephen

Windmill Boy
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Union Oyster house Celebration time ..., posted by Stephen on Jan 10, 2005

Stephen

I was Just watching ABC World News tonight, They just reported on the wet weather you are getting right now.

I think that the good man upstairs is looking out for me -- I just saw that there was a huge mudslide in La Conchita California and many houses were demolished.  I was living  there for the last 3 1/2  years until I moved back East to Rochester NY last april.   The chances are  extremely good  that the house where I was living in is not there anymore since it was  on the top street  with the hill rising straight upwards  behind the house.  About 15  houses  were damaged  they reported.

How are you  So Cal  guys doing with all the rains ?

Colorado Springs was great the year that I spent there.  Maybe a little too Conservative for my tastes but  the scenery was increadible.  I  must have a thing for living at the base  of mountains as I lived at the base of Cheyenne mountain about a mile away from where the  NORAD base is buried in the mountain.   It was when I was living in Colorado that I realized I am a mountain person at heart.  

I think I made it through Durango with my Brother  just  before I left Colorado.  We came north from Taos NM and we stopped at Durango for an hour before we went to vist  Mesa Verde NP.   What I remember is a monument in memory of the sister  cities also named Durango in  Mexico, Spain and another one somewhere in South America.  We hung out  by a river where there were Kayakers Shooting the rapids  only to learn that Durango is the white water Olympic training  grounds.

After  Mesa Verde NP  we drove up to Telluride and then to Montrose CO  --  What can I say  but  in America  this truely is Gods  country   this  part of colorado  and the USA  is  unbelievable.

Keep DRY

Windy

Jeff S
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow  the weather !!!!, posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 10, 2005

Yes, Eric - I was wondering if your house was still there. So far I heard nearly two dozen houses are under the mud.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,6119,2-10-1462_1645562,00.html

Myself, I've cleaned Home Depot out of monkeywood and frantically started on my ark. Only 29 days and nights left to finish it. I'm counting on Stephen, Ray and Bob S to start collecting animals two by two.

- Jeff

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: