Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 18, 2024, 10:12:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hi Ray  (Read 30148 times)
gennye406
« on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

hello Ray and Everyone,

finally made it on here... is this a "for the boyz only"?

On my I-485, got a RFE, asking me to submit a copy of the I-797 NOA 2 of the I-129F) which of all wonders, we couldn't find. However, we found a letter from the State Dept. stating "case no. ... that papers will be forwarded to MNL emb." Will that suffice?  Is it a big deal not to have that NOA2. Didn't that come from INS? Do we need to request from INS  a copy?

Thanks!
Gene

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to hi Ray, posted by gennye406 on Dec 19, 2004

It's always great to have a new viewpoint here, especially a feminine one.

- Jeff

gennye406
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome Gene, posted by Jeff S on Dec 20, 2004

thanks, Jeff.
Merry Christmas!
Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Welcome Gene, posted by gennye406 on Dec 22, 2004

BTW - Here we are, at least some of us.

http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/

Merry Christmas to you as well.

- Jeff

Jimbo
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Gene,

Pay no attention to Ray - my wife Sally doesn't think I'm weird although she suspects that I may be a Kapre.  She keeps asking me to cut down the big tree in the backyard but I won't do it.  Then when she finds a cigar butt under it she looks at me sideways with one brow raised.  It's a good thing I don't have a beard because then she'd be totally convinced!

We're up north, two towns west of Lowell.  Sally has a friend who plans parties a couple of times a year with Filipinas married to Americans, with a lot of filipino food.  Just let us know if you'd like to join in next time.

Jim

gennye406
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome to the board!, posted by Jimbo on Dec 20, 2004

Hello Jimbo!

The KAPRE was funny...

Sure, we would like to meet with you & the other filipinas. We're in Framingham -- off rte. 9. Perhaps, we can exchange phone numbers by email?

gene

Jimbo
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Welcome to the board!, posted by gennye406 on Dec 20, 2004

We look forward to speaking with you.

Cheers,

Jim

Stephen
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ok, email sent with number, posted by Jimbo on Dec 20, 2004

I don't have a current email address on you.  I think we have you current phone number.

Stephen & Tess
sdbrittain@nospam.com

Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jimbo...., posted by Stephen on Dec 20, 2004

Have time for lunch before Christmas?

- Jeff

Jimbo
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jimbo...., posted by Stephen on Dec 20, 2004

Merry Christmas!
Ray
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I’m glad to see that you finally got registered. Welcome to Planet-Love!

No, this isn’t a "for the boyz only" forum (LOL). We have a bunch of Filipinas and several American ladies who sometimes post here but I guess they are all out shopping now. We have at least one nice lady (Sally) who also lives in your area with her weird husband Jimbo :-), so please feel free to join in any of the discussions or even the silly fights we have if you want.

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Yes, the I-797 Approval Notice is a required document that must be submitted with your AOS petition. The State Dept letter from NVC is different and I don’t think they will accept it. I don’t know why the NOA-2 is so important to them, but they do seem to insist that you include it.

You were on a fiancée visa, correct? Do you guys remember receiving the NOA-2 when your petition was approved? Did your asawa send the original or a copy to you for your interview maybe? If you can find just a Xerox copy then that’s all you need. I would keep looking until you find it because that’s not the sort of thing you tend to throw away. It’s on special 8-1/2 x 11paper with “THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” printed across the top. If you need to get a replacement from CIS, it will cost you and it may take a while to get it. You can file Form I-824 with the service center that processed your original petition to request a duplicate approval notice. If you filed at Vermont, it looks like they are taking 3-4 months to process an I-824. The filing fee is $195 so that’s why I suggested you tear up the house looking for it. If you find it, be sure to make more copies!

Good luck,

Ray

gennye406
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hi Gene!, posted by Ray on Dec 19, 2004

Thanks Ray for the nice welcome!
I would love to meet with Sally + Jimbo. (haha, @weird -- well, aren't husbands NORMALLY weird?Huh)  
we try to turn the file cabs upside down, maybe he NOA2 will resurface.
have a nice weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: