Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 09:06:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salutations and updatations  (Read 21493 times)
shadow
« on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello everyone!

Things have been very busy and hectic here in disneyworld for awhile, so I regret to admit I haven't checked in here on the P/L board for several months.

We shut down the restaurant and guest house and moved into a much quieter local in Valencia, Negros Oriental. (That's in the Philippines, for those less informed) We traded in all the hassle of dealing with unruly indigent foreigners for the experience of raising 600 very demanding sasso chickens. I'm not really sure at this point which of these species is more demanding, or cheaper to feed, but I can assure you there is a certain amount of satisfaction derived from the fact that if I hate the chicken enough, I can eat the bas**** without recourse from general homo sapian society.

As for my life, it has never been better. Although we are struggling and survive on almost nothing ($200/mo) my wife and I have between us what few others that I know have. We have true love, openness and trust between us. Never in my wildest dreams did I hope for something this good.

That being said, I wish you all a very happy holiday season. Special congats go out to Howard. (Hey Bud, we both finally made it)

All you other old timers are much too numerous to mention in my current state, but I think you know who you are. (Yes, even YOU, Ray!)

Anyone passin through the area please look us up. We have an empty bedroom. (You too, [or maybe especially] Hum and Sallie!)

Larry and Rony.

Valencia, Negros Oriental, Philippines.

Jay
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Salutations and updatations, posted by shadow on Dec 30, 2004

Hey Larry,

You the man! Your livin' the life!

Happy New Year To you and Rony

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Salutations and updatations, posted by shadow on Dec 30, 2004

Great to hear from you Larry. Sounds like life is treating you good. Keep us posted on life in the RP. Sorry to hear your resturaunt is gone even before I got to sample the cuisine.

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Shadow and Rony,

Sorry to hear you closed the restaurant! Friggin' Freeloading Foreigners! Good Luck in the chicken venture!!! I was back in the Philippines in November, but didn't get out of Mindanao. Should be back this summer and spend some time in the Visayas.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Larry,

So you’re a chicken farmer now? Hey, if you can get the exclusive contract to supply Jollibee with chickens and eggs then you’ll be all set.

If you guys are living off of $200/mo then you must have really gone native. It sounds like you got a real good woman there. Congratulations!

Keep us updated and don’t put all your eggs in one basket :-)

Ray

Stephen
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

asd
joemc
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Shadow,
       It's good hearing from. I wish to live in the
       Philippines. I'm getting restless living in the rainy cold Pacific Northwest.  
                               Goodluck,
                                          joemc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: