Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 05:57:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 5718 times)
Honey
« on: January 02, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I have a filipina friend in Michigan whose husband is getting ready to retire. she's 23 and he's 64 (i think) but i'm sure he's in his 60's. anyway, we were arguing on yahoo messenger if she will get something from his retirement every month. she told me that she will because she read it from a pocketbook of retirees. however, i disagree because my friend here in houston didn't get anything, only their daughter got some but she didn't.  my friend in Michigan said that she will definitely get something because she is a stay at home mom. she could be right 'coz my friend here in houston is a working mom. does anybody know for sure if she'll get anything or not? i told her i'll post this question here so we could get some help. any info is very much appreciated.

Bear's Honey

DanAndChed
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to question, posted by Honey on Jan 2, 2005

I've been checking into this since my wife is 22 years younger.  If I start collecting my Social Security at 65, I die at 66, she gets nothing until she turns 60.  

Dan

Bear
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question, posted by DanAndChed on Jan 3, 2005

Will she get part of yours or only hers?

Bear

Stephen
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question, posted by DanAndChed on Jan 3, 2005

That's the way I see it also.

But look at it this way.....She will look forward to turning 60 more than most ladies do!  LOL.

How have you folks been doing?  It's good to hear from you again.

Stephen

Bear
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to question, posted by Honey on Jan 2, 2005

She means social security benefits for retiring individuals - not individual retirement program from work.  This guy isn't employed and hasn't been for quite a while.

The Bear Family

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: