Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 28, 2024, 04:37:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Identity Theft: Part 2  (Read 2148 times)
JJ27
« on: March 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the responses.

Honestly, I think the way I explained it made it sound suspicious.
I trust my fiance 100% and I analyze everything.. so I'm not wearing
any blinders in this relationship.. I know whats going on with it.

Maybe I haven't been as forthcoming with information about everything in this forum, making it seem as if I'm ill-informed
or not aware of the situation. I've figured everything out.

We now have her old passport. It took a little work to get it
from the agency, but we've gotten it back. That issue is now
resolved. The only problem is the identity theft issue.

I've grilled her about the identity theft issue, and she honestly
doesn't have any idea who used her identity, and she said that she
has never given it out to anyone.. and I do believe her on this.
I'm sure its probably somebody that she's known, but it could have
been a roomie at the boarding house while she was in school, or
anyone she has known that would be able to swipe her papers.

If we go into the interview, they are going to see a trip overseas
before her last one which wasn't her. Knowing that, what is our
best course of action to remedy this problem? The passport agency
in Tacloban City says that they can fix the problem, but that wasn't
elaborated on at the time, and I don't have any idea what they meant.

Lets say.. for the skeptics out there, that she really doesn't know
who used her identity. What would be the best way to prove to the
embassy that this is the truth and that it wasn't her who went.

I'm going back to the PI this Friday, in order to try and get
everything straightened out before its time for her interview.
I've heard from others with similiar NOA2's that say it probably
won't be till June, so that gives me time to try and fix this.

Any advice on how to straighten up this would be appreciated.

Ya know, a long time ago.. I read about Humadabos and his
problems and others with major red flags. I haven't experienced
any of those things.. and I've tried hard to find them, even
testing her.. but I've never seen any problems. This is the
only one that we've run into, and we want to resolve it.

Ray
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Identity Theft: Part 2, posted by JJ27 on Mar 22, 2004

JJ,

I’m still a little confused about the details of your problem. How are they going to see a trip overseas
before her last one which wasn't her, unless someone else used her passport? I can see a couple of possible scenarios here.

1. When you first reported your story, you said that she found out from the DFA that someone else was using her identity. I was assuming by that you meant someone else was issued another second passport in her name. Is that correct? If that is the case, that someone used her birth certificate and identification to apply for a passport without her knowledge, then the solution to your problem is very simple. The DFA keeps the passport application on file and the bogus application will have the applicants thumbprints, photo, and signature. She needs to go to the DFA and have them pull the application and get a copy of it. If she recognizes the photo on the application, then the mystery is solved. If not, she will need to get an official statement from the DFA or a police report showing that someone forged her signature and used her birth certificate to fraudulently obtain a passport in her name. If she is unable to get this documentation because the DFA or the police won’t cooperate, then perhaps she should consult with a reputable attorney and try to get legal assistance in prodding the authorities.

2. If you mean that there is only one passport and somebody else used it for a trip overseas without her knowledge, then she is in trouble with the interview. If I were conducting the visa interview, then I would have to assume that any travel documented in her passport was her doing the traveling, unless she knows that someone else used her passport. If this is the case, was a visa issued for the overseas travel? She can go to the foreign consulate where the visa was issued and have them pull the application, Most visa applications, whether for employment, tourist, student, or whatever, require at least a photo and signature. Who’s photo and signature are on the visa application? Again, a police report or official statement from a foreign consulate would be a BIG help at her interview.

Please clarify the exact nature of the identity theft problem so we can better advise you. Again, I’m trying to look at this from the perspective of a wary consular official or immigration officer.

Ray

Humabdos
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Identity Theft: Part 2, posted by JJ27 on Mar 22, 2004

All I can say is watch your vacuume cleaner! lol
Hum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: