Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 07:27:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ??? for Shadow  (Read 10326 times)
FL
« on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm not asking these ?? to judge, condemn or condone...just curious. What was your internet stomping grounds where you met the majority of these girls, ie., chat, pay "pen-pal" service, other like oneandonly? I know on Mag and maybe here too, some folks offered to introduce you to friends, relatives, any reason why you did not accept? I read, reread your "Lunch" post and maybe with the exception of Where would you like to live? what answers would you have accepted or surprised you as honest vs just saying what they think you wanted to hear?
shadow
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Huh for Shadow, posted by FL on Mar 28, 2001

Most of these I had met in some of the pen pal clubs on the net, and through those I was put in contact with others. By the time the offers of meeting peoples friends came out, I was already done with most of this. I did not feel I was in the right frame of mind to meet any more, furthermore most of these offers I knew were made with the intention of introducing me to someone for a potential lifemate, and that was the last thing on my mind. I did not lead any of these girls on, meaning I did not ever tell them I was looking for marriage.
As for "right answers", there really were none. Someone mentioned gestapo tactics, I went on gut instincts alone. If they had to stop and confer with their friend/sister/cousin, whoever they brought with them, that was not the right answer. If they had to stop and think about what to say and their eyes shifted around, that is not the right answer. The answer I was looking for was the one where they look you right in the eye and answer directly without having to think about it. The answer I was looking for was the open, honest one, not the think about it/hidden agenda one. Ever seen a professional interogator at work? (Not to be confused with the cop on the corner) These are the things they look for, with surprising accuracy.
tito
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Huh for Shadow, posted by shadow on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Shadow,

So when you were dining on grilled Pinay for lunch you were employing "professional interrogator" tactics,huh?Wow.Dining with you must have been a barrel of laughs:)I wonder if these Filipinas consider lunch (and dinner) the date from hell? Just joking.

I have read your story Larry.I didn't come in on the middle.I always marveled at your cool and your helpfulness to others.Mag anak got pretty rough and tumble at the end but you were always pretty cool(except to Mike,haha)Very helpful.I was rooting for you on this trip.Plenty of time,the whole country waiting to be explored, maybe some coins in the pocket.Lots of pretty girls and many more good ones than bad.(I know this is a fact).He will be OK, I thought.Lucky Larry!

Well, then I read the Nanette post on the new Mag.Oh-oh.Bad news.He knows a BC doesn't cost 5,000.The fact you gave it to her instead of just walking away lead me to believe you expected a scam.You embraced the scam.Oh well, it your 100.00 bucks.It proved your point.Your recent posts highlighted your attitude change.Its your story,man, and you got a right to feel anyway you want.Post away.I just feel that your expierences are not the norm.Many have found happiness where you just found deceite(sp?).Myrna was a tragedy.The rest could have been avoided.

BTW, I am engaged to a women who hates to spend money.Mine or hers.This is a family trait. I am afraid when she gets here an I say lets go out to dinner,then,she is going to give me "the look".She has lots of cousins so when things sort themselves out and (if) you are ever in Cebu I could get you a date.No "meaning of life questions"!They love music and love to laugh.I would do this because I know you are a good guy.

Later,

tito

Carrisse
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Huh for Shadow, posted by tito on Mar 29, 2001

Are you a Pinoy? Or a Pinoy living in the States?

Just curious.  I have a cousin named Tito and the name is common in the PI.

tito
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tito..., posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Carisse,

I am a Kano. I have spent some time living in RP when I was younger.It's funny you should ask if I am a Pinoy.When I was still in the correspondence stage all the girls would write back and ask "what is your nationality?"or "was your mother Filipina?".Stuff like that.I guess since I told them I lived there when I was younger.Tito is my nick in RP.

tito

Carrisse
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tito..., posted by tito on Mar 29, 2001

Tito is also the tagalog term for uncle.  So, I find it funny that my nieces and nephews would call my cousin Uncle Tito.  Talk about redundancy!
FL
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Huh for Shadow, posted by shadow on Mar 29, 2001

Thanks for the response. Actually no, I've never seen a "professional interogator" at work? I thought they all worked at the CFO or are interviewers at the embassy :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: