Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 10:27:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Thai immigration?  (Read 19461 times)
Noah
« on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I was living in Asia for the past few years, and have been seeing a Thai girl. Now that my company has relocated me back to the USA, I really want to take her with me. Does anyone have experience bringing a Thai girl home to the USA? I'd appreciate any advice, comments, ect.
Thanks!
Turner
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anyone have experience with Thai immigra..., posted by Noah on Dec 24, 2003

n/t
Ray
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anyone have experience with Thai immigra..., posted by Noah on Dec 24, 2003

Hi Noah, welcome aboard!

What exactly are your intentions? You didn't mention anything about marriage. If you are planning to marry the lady, then you essentially have 2 choices like Jeff mentioned: you can marry her overseas or in the States.

Other options for her to get a visa without marriage are possible, but very difficult.

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

It's the US government you nead to deal with, the BCIS. There are two types of entry visas, a K1 for a fiancee, a 90 day, one time entry permit. After 90 days you have to either marry her and adjust your status (AOS) with the BCIS or send her home. If you marry her there, you bring her in on a K3 spousal visa. Both have their plusses and minuses, and either will take about 6 months. I'm no expert since I was married so long ago, but read the archives.  There's plenty of discussion on all three of these boards from guys who have been through teh process recently. It's pretty much the same process from anywhere, and Ray is our resident maven when it comes to affairs of the BCIS, so if you have any specific questions, fire away. Someone should pipe in.

Anyway, welcome to the board and we're looking forward to hearing some info on Thailand. This board tends to be heavily Philippines oriented, but there are regulars with wives and girlfriends from five different countries in Asia.

- Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: