Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:34:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of Condition and Change of Address Q  (Read 23201 times)
JoeBravo
« on: December 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello, I've got a few questions and hopefully someone can help out.

I'm in the military and we currently moved out of the area of my last duty station. My wife (conditional resident alien) will be staying with my folks for a few months while I go through some school before proceeding to my next duty station (Italy). Also it's about time for us to send in the I-751.

1) We recently submitted a Change of Address to BCIS, is there a NOA we have to wait for? Or could we submit now the I-751 with her current address?

2) On the I-751, it asks for the petitioner spouse info. On the address and phone number part, which should I put? Since I'm pretty much changing locations for the next couple of months, can I just write down my folks' address and phone number (it is also my home of record) and just submit a letter explaining my current situation for the next few months?

3) My wife is authorized in my orders to accompany me to Italy, but she would be left behind since she wasn't allowed by the doc to travel on her last trimester. Once the baby comes out (May) and time for them to follow me, her GC would be expired. Would she still be allowed to leave the country with just that and the 1 year extension letter? I'm aware how backed up Nebraska is for I-751 so we're not really expecting for her 10 year green card to be approved by then.

TIA for any help and thoughts you guys could give me.

Ray
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Removal of Condition and Change of Addre..., posted by JoeBravo on Dec 27, 2003

Joe,

1. I think the only way you’ll get a receipt for the change-of-address is to send it certified w/ return receipt. They will go by the address you use on the I-751 for future mailings anyway.

2. I would include a cover letter with your petition explaining the address thing and then use a permanent address so you will receive any mail from the CIS. Your folks’ address and phone would be fine.

3. About a week or two after you submit your I-751, your wife should get one of those mickey-mouse carbon-less computer generated things that says her green card is extended for one year. That’s all she will need to travel in and out of the country, along with her valid passport. Make some copies of the notice and keep it with her green card. The immigration computer system should have her extension on file also.

I would figure on almost a year before they finish processing the I-751. Then if they send an appointment in the mail for an interview, you can contact the CIS office and request another extension if you are still overseas. They are usually pretty good about making allowances for military dependents on overseas assignments. If you have any future problems with the USCIS, maybe your personnel/legal office can help out.

Ray

JoeBravo
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Removal of Condition and Change of A..., posted by Ray on Dec 27, 2003

Thank you for the help.

BTW, do I have to put N/A or "none" on every single
block or line on the I-751 that doesn't apply?

Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Removal of Condition and Change ..., posted by JoeBravo on Dec 27, 2003

Sometimes it’s appropriate to put “N/A” , sometimes “NONE”, and sometimes you can just leave it blank, depending on what type of information they are asking for.

Instead of writing something on every line of the form, which they don’t want, just try to make it clear what your response is.

If they ask for ‘Mailing address if different…’, you can put “N/A” or “NONE” on the first line of that block or just leave it blank and they should understand what you are telling them. If they ask for your ‘A#’ and you don’t have one, write “NONE” or “N/A” and they will understand.

If they ask for ‘Information about your children’ and you have none, then enter “NONE” under ‘Name’ on the first line of that block only; “N/A” would not be telling them definitively that you have no children, which may be important to your case. Likewise, if they have a section for something like ‘Previous marriages’, then “NONE” would be better than “N/A”.

If a section says ‘Complete if…’, then you can leave it blank if it doesn’t apply, or you could also write “N/A” at the beginning of that section.

If in doubt, I would put “NONE” to be safe, but there is no need to fill in every single line or block on the form.

I hope I didn’t confuse you more, because I think I just confused myself… :-)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: