Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 30, 2024, 12:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored in Bansarvil  (Read 36686 times)
Peter Lee
« on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello guys and gals,
I have been reading your posts when I have time and hope everyone has had a nice Christmas.   I am sure glad Jeff put me on the friend’s list coz if he didn’t I could show him one of my new choke holds we call an Ezekiel to change his mind hheheheheehe LOL.   I got a little lost and felt left out as I didn’t get to see any pictures so I didn’t know half of what was posted.
I am writing this for some fun input and ideas on my not so serious situation.
I have been separated from my wife since 1st Sep 03 and emailing and chatting in yahoo together regularly.  We are past the point of how many ways can you say I love you and having real conversations LOL.  We got married at the end of Aug 03 in Cebu.   Maricel graduated from a Collage that had her ready to work on a cruise ship.   I could see her disappointment in not pursuing that but marriage comes first right?  Since we married that plan was scrapped and is now she is waiting for our I-129 approval which could be another 4 months or 100 years.    Maricel now thanks to Ray advice has her passport and not much left to do but wait.   Also thanks to some PL members she did finally find an ATM in Iligan 2 hours bus ride from her home.
She is now in Bansarvil Kapatagan in Mindanao it is in the mountains south of Ozamis and south west of Iligan.   She is with her parents and two younger sisters who are going to middle school there.   Her parents are farmers and own 2 hectares [about 5 Acres] of farm land growing coconuts, mangoes, papaya bananas and rice.  She has our motorcycle that I left for her while I was there for 2 months with a driver’s license and proper registration; she said she is enjoying ridding it.   We didn’t know at first where she should wait for her appointments to come for her K3 visa.   She didn’t like to wait in Cebu with her Aunt where she was for 2 years while she went to Collage.   So last minute she decided to go back to her parents in Mindanao.  
Well you know women have a right to change their mind right? LOL.
I figured it would be a safe place with her parents and minimize any problems.  She was helping parents rebuild a new house that I have helped partly financed.   When I was chatting on the phone she only gets cell phone coverage in Maranding a small town North of Bansarvil.   I noticed a lot of Muslim chanting in the background when we talked on the phone so there are many Mosques in the area.   Whenever we are in the chat it seems that she has to be home before it gets dark.   I just wonder how safe it is there for her?
Any way my question is -  she is bored and wants to work.   She has been told that I do have money problems at the moment and I do coz I can’t see her in Feb as planed as I can’t leave my business in the peak season.   I tried to tell her that what ever she earns is not enough to make a difference and to wait until the approval comes.   She is still convinced that it will take 2 years coz that is what happened to her friend.
Now one of the Filipinas married to an American here has told me that sending her $100 per month was too much money and that I was spoiling her.   She said that was a lot of money to be sending each month and she is already spoiled now.  Maricel has not complained about the $100 and I did send her and extra $100 for Christmas.  
I sure didn’t feel that was too much to send and actually I thought it was not enough I wanted to send $200 a month if she was not living with her parents and had to rent in the city.   I ask Maricel to wait and not work and be patient.   But I know she is young 21 in July and has ants in her pants to go to work and be productive.  
Last time she wanted to breed pigs to make a few extra pesos.   I don’t think it is the money; it is the fact that she wants to do something to contribute while she is waiting.   I remember when we first met one of the attractions was that she was always busy working.   Now I will call her this week and I am not sure what is best for her to do.   It might be a good idea for her to go to one of the bigger cities like Cebu and get a job to keep her busy.   We were feeling it out as this has been a try as we go type decision.    Now that her passport is done there is not much for her to-do right now.
So some fun input would be good and maybe some good ideas from someone who has done that and been there.
Thanks Peter Lee
Jay
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bored in Bansarvil, posted by Peter Lee on Dec 28, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hey soldier,
F- you. I was only trying to help. I don't give  a sh!t what you THINK you know about the RP. I've forgoten more than you will ever know. 400 pounds of gear??? Eat my short's! I'm a pilot and know that is impossible. Don't F@ck with me old soldier. I just watched my son-in law and step-daughter pack my house and now I'm alone.

You know NOTHING about detox and the hell of an alcoholic.

Don't even reply to this post. 'cause right now, I ain't in the mood.

You can look up all you want on the web and tell me about the PHILIPPINES history, but it don't mean Jack. I LIVED it, FYI, the letter Z is only a Spanish letter, NOT a PILIPINO thing, which as I said, you will NEVER know what I know about the RP.

Good Luck with the kid,, you'll need it.

Jay

Peter Lee
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bored in Bansarvil, posted by Jay on Dec 28, 2003

Well Jay glad you held back and I see you are in the Holiday Spirits [no pun intended]

You sure misunderstood my post and took it wrong.   I did not want to imply that you had lack of knowledge on the PI.  So relax Jay I don’t know you if I did I would probably like you.   I remember on the ferry to Ozamis it said Ozamis city and I looked it up only after you corrected me.   I learned something from that site coz I was curious and seen some history I didn’t know before.   Anyone reading the post could learn what I did.   Ozamis like you said is a Spanish word and Ozamis was born in Spain.   That is how he got his z into the town name.
I know by now that any posts can be misunderstood and the “F-you” sure tells me that you did.  
Thanks for the help Jay and come back it was appreciated.  As you know my post was not a serious one as it was subjective in nature.
I sure wouldn’t want you to be pissed off at me cause of a misunderstanding.   I believe you when you say you have lots of experiences and time in the PI.   No one can take that away from you no matter what is posted.  I didn’t say I knew much about the PI and my limited time on my motorcycle through the Visayas was really a reference for information that I can get from others like you.  I wish I didn’t make you so defensive about your knowledge coz I know it would be hard to get you back to want to post with me again.
400 lbs of gear is done in a large military soft container, it usually consists of batteries rolls of wire radios and various communication gear.   A few hundred feet before hitting the ground the bag is released on a long line.   This way the bag hits first and the decent is slowed down for the jumper.  The T10 can handle the weight, what I was referring too was the door man pushes the container out at the green light and you follow.   It is an age old technique that by now is probably improved on.   All I can say is what they had us do in the 60’s.  
Still want me to eat your shorts?  LOL

Ok new subject
You are alone now, sorry to hear that really.
But your condition had something to do with it right?
You never said why they left?

Well Jay I don’t know much about detox or the hell you go through as an alcoholic your right.   I have never gone through what you are going through and hope I never will.
I did get drunk once on my birthday when in the Army.   I was in my mid 20’s and found myself kneeling over the sh@ter next morning heaving and vomiting.  My face was in the place where people sh@t.   My vomit was coming out of my nose and burning my throat.   My face was pale and white heaving and vomiting.  After that revelation I decided that I would never drink again as long as I live not even a beer and I never did.    

But I had two step dads who died from drinking
I stayed in a wino hotel in Greenpoint Brooklyn, it was the only place then I could afford coz it was cheap to continue my tool and dye apprenticeship at the time.   It was a place that I leaned more about alcoholics and watched a few die there.  
My sister is an alcoholic and the doc says she has 5% liver left.  If she drinks one more time it may be the last.   I was at her bedside a few months ago and thought I lost her.   Her stomach was swollen and it looked real bad.   Up to then she was in denial.
My carpenter who rents from me is an alcoholic who is trying to recover.
My roommate is a recovering alcoholic we talk about it all the time.

This does not make me knowledgeable about your problem and detox but I have a rough idea.

Thanks for the good luck with the kid and that I need the luck.
So now I know what others are really thinking right.
I may as well get used to it

Now my nature is to be really sarcastic and your post was tempting but I have to say even if you don’t accept my apology which you may not I still would like to say I am sorry about the misunderstanding.   I am sure if you got to know me you would probably like me or I would choke you out [that was a joke Jay relax]

And good luck on the detox
Peter Lee?

Jay
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bored in Bansarvil, posted by Peter Lee on Dec 29, 2003

Hi skytrooper
I am so sick at this moment it's a challenge to post, but I felt a reply was in order. Being former military myself, I knew you could take that. However, I'm glad you can blow past my anger. Only the military can do that. We're all pizzed  from what we've seen, so we know each other.

Let me just cut and paste from your post. I'm too sick at this time, it's just easier. And yes, you have more than a rough knowledge of what I'm going through. I read your word's.

"You sure misunderstood my post and took it wrong. I did not want to imply that you had lack of knowledge on the PI. So relax Jay I don’t know you if I did I would probably like you. I remember on the ferry to Ozamis it said Ozamis city and I looked it up only after you corrected me. I learned something from that site coz I was curious and seen some history I didn’t know before. Anyone reading the post could learn what I did. Ozamis like you said is a Spanish word and Ozamis was born in Spain. That is how he got his z into the town name."

Yes I did misundestand, even got a call from my older brother, Matt,Who told me the same.
too be continue;d.... started this last night, but coulden't finish. Am too sick this morning.

Just Want to say thanks for you understanding reply to a really Sh!tty post.,
Will say more later (good stuff), just can't post anymore.
Thanks for explaining the 400 pounds of gear. If I didn't think I would puke, I would be putting ketchup on my own short's now.

Jay the "legg"

Peter Lee
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Bored in Bansarvil, posted by Jay on Dec 29, 2003

Sorry Jay for the late reply.  Thanks for the come back and attepting to eat your shorts LOL.   I got a thick skin and I have taken it from one of the best.  Hope you post for years to come and tackle the chalanges you face.  Catch you later.
Peter Lee
Jay
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bored in Bansarvil, posted by Peter Lee on Dec 28, 2003

Hi Peter.

I'm really in no condition to post now (dt's going throuh a self detox at home that very well may kill me (ain't no big thing, F@ck it, don't mean nothin'), but I read your words and will try.

$100 a month is NOT spoiling someone. Would like to know what Filipina told you that. Do keep in mind though that you married a 21 year old. Hell, I got shirts older than that. Bet you do too. That's a challenge in this game. Particularly when you know better, i.e., jumped out of planes, which BTW as a pilot I have never understood, unless the aircraft has a problem. Even then, jumping sounds crazy to me. However, I guess that's what you Paratroopers do, nut cases in my opinion.

Anyway, back to the subject, JUST RELAX. She is on the other side and hasn't got a clue what American reality is at this point. Her wanting to work is ok up to a point. However if she has ant's in her pant's it's only because she's going through the stuggle of trying to believe this is real. Been there with my wife. She was 30 + at the time, too.

Bottom line is, she is still a kid. She don't know what the f@ck to do and niether do you. That's just the way it goes in these ralationships. It's the nature of the  beast. CALM DOWN, man. Tell her to do the same.

Doubt this helped, but I hope it did. Detox is rough, I'm seeing sh@t. I know the bugs ain';t real. But the roaches keep bothering me. ;-) I'm writing this post with looking through one eye.

Just RELAX, this sh@t is hard and it's even harder on her. If your sendind $ 100 bucks a month, she should be fine. NOBODY needs $200.00 dollars a month , particularly in Mindanao, Been there , didn't get the shirt, but been there. Isn't it funny. The USAF sent me there after security police training in San Antonio, because I grew up in the RP. Thought I knew the culture, so they took me off the flightline.

Maranding??? She don't know it, but tell her to ask her Mom what happeneed in '81 when the AF 01 came in to take care of the Moro's (MNLF). it's supposed to be 75 years before the documents become public and I can speak of it. Frankly, I don't give a darn about talking about it now. Maybe I should. The government TOLD me to shut up about it, it never happened. But it did.

ANYWAY, just tell her to RELAX, it will all be over soon.

Sorry if I was no help,
Jay
PS-don't know what pic's you mean. However if your talking about mine. Try logging in to Yahoo and using this ID and password:
jbandito200
js2000
If you mean Jeff's site, the add is ;http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/

PSS- Sorry for the Typo's, can't fix them now.
ANYWAY, just RELAX and tell Maricel to do the same. Hard, I know. God knows, I know That's the REAL point of this post.

PSSS-Your spelling must be way off, "Bansarvil"Huh Filipino's don't even spell like that. Least it don't ring a bell With me. And I know that area like the back of my hand, Ozamis, (spelled  wrong. I don't even think "Z" is in the Filipiino alphabet,I think I KNOW ,Osamis though, sure I do, my life changed in that area forever. Numero uno hot spot, Always has been, always will be. Reminds me of the A-shau that I read about. You would know more about that than me though, not my place, because I been i've Osamiss

Copy?, out,
Jay

Peter Lee
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Ok jay thanks for the comeback while you’re detoxing.  About the spelling of Ozamis: SENATOR JOSE OZAMIZ, THE FORGOTTEN HERO
Only few know him as the first governor, congressional representative, and senator of Misamis Occidental. The Japanese killed him during the Second World War. He remains the only senator coming from the province.
To honor Jose Ozamiz, a bill was filed to name the province after him, but some politicians were against it so it was only the city of Misamis which was renamed Ozamiz. Unfortunately, the people seemed to have forgotten the long lost hero of Misamis.

When the Japanese occupied the country during World War II, Jose was among those who accepted a post in the Japanese government with the blessings of the guerrilla movement who saw that his position would allow him to move discretely. He became chairperson of the Games and Amusement Board. Then in May 1943 he came to Mindanao to contact Fertig. He came by boat accompanied by Jose Maria and Pelong Campos of Aloran. During his arrival in Mindanao, he met Fertig and Parson, both major leaders of the guerrilla movement
On his way home, his family was under house arrest. Jose went back to Manila in February 1944. He was arrested on February 11 on his wife's birthday. Jose was condemned to be executed because there was a certain Filipino and nicknamed as a “makapili” who squealed on him along with twenty-nine other fellow Filipino who also got arrested at the same time. They were the core of the guerilla movement in Manila.
Every Sunday, the Ozamiz family goes to Fort Santiago bringing Jose his medicines, food and clothing but he was never shown to them. Two or three months before Jose Ozamiz’ execution, the Japanese called up and told them that Paxedes Beluno was dead. Julio recalls, “we went to the funeral parlor with Judge Durias. We couldn’t recognize his face because his face was burned with cigarettes and all his nails were pulled off”.
Jose was killed in the North cemetery with the twenty-nine other guerrilla members including the eldest sons of the Elizaldes and the Roceses and Captain Antonio Montalban. The position of their bones tells a story of how they were killed. They were made to kneel and while their heads were chopped off. Their heads fell to one-side and the bodies in the other part of the mass grave.
They were able to get only the skull and some bones as all the bones were already mixed up. “We wanted to bring him back to Misamis Occidental”, Julio said, “But because the bones were already mixed, a monument was built instead, with their names engraved on it.

Jay there really is a Bansarvil in Kapatagan.   I checked on the map, it is there next to Small vile where Super-boy was raised hehehehehe.   Just kidding there really is a Bansarvil go look it up.  
About detoxing, well my roommate is going through the same thing right now.   I am never home I sleep in the office because of work.   But really most alcoholics live longer that people who eat bad.   My Aunt lived to 76 and died from lung cancer, she drank a fifth of vodka a day since I can remember.   Drinking can get you lonely and that causes you to drink more.   Most of us have family or friends who are alcoholics and in the end the only ones who can help them is themselves.   So Jay just do it, you’ve done it before and so have others.   About my old shirts that are older that 20 years I am throwing them out this weekend.   Oh and sometimes I didn’t jump I was attached to 400lbs of communication equipment and when they pushed it out I went with it.   It was interesting on what went through my mind at the time LOL.
Well Jay I have told her to calm down a hundred times it don’t help.  It comes to the surface whenever we chat now.   I will work on trying to relax ok.  

Ray
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hang in there Jay!

You beat this shyt before, you can do it again.

Ray

Jay
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bugs in South Fla., posted by Ray on Dec 28, 2003

Hey my Bro,
I know what you mean, I have beat the shyt before, Howevever, that's  the least of my problems.  After I sober up (which I'm 3/4 of the way through in a self detox, "Bug Juice" old formula, staeted by Jimmy O'roark in Houston On skid row, A steet called harrisburg ), the cops are taking me to Jail where I will most likely be "wacked" by the mafia, I threatned to put a "hit" on Joe Costellano,. Just dunkin BS mainly, but I also refused to move thier money aroun in the morning Just worried about Criselda. The real McCoy. Not the Aussie mob I used to play with in Angeles. I used to f@ck with them for sh!ts and giggles. It's always been my style. However we ALL know not to F@ck with the REAL Mafia. That's only common sense! This time I messed with the wrong people, however I had good reason.

The Costalleno(SP?) family from NYC, who now reside in South Florida are now going to kill me. And they "own" every cop in my area.
Criselda is gone. I'm not mad, she gave me 9 years of life.

Just me and the cat's now, and a sawed off .12 guage. God too. I think.
sorry for the typo's, I'm almost gone....

Jay

Ray
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bugs in South Fla., posted by Jay on Dec 28, 2003

Hey Jay, now you’re the one pulling our leg, right? I hope so!

If not, then I’m truly sorry to hear about your break up. Hey, if you need some help with them punks down there, we could always send the Walker and Calamity Jane down that way to take care of things, now that he captured Sadam. Naw, forget it. I just realized that he’s probably busy over in Afghanistan again hunting down Osama :-)

Don't forget to feed them cats!

Ray

Jay
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bugs, posted by Ray on Dec 28, 2003

Very funny,
Wish I was Sh!tting you.

Jay

Jimbo
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Bugs, posted by Jay on Dec 28, 2003

Jay,

Hearing this is so very very painful to me, more than you know, my friend.  Hope to talk to you soon.

Jim

Jay
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Bugs, posted by Jimbo on Dec 29, 2003

I Know you know, my friend, Your one of the best,

luv to Sally,
Jay

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: