Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 12:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1 question and children  (Read 23856 times)
BigJack
« on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I did a search but was unable to find any info on this. I will be filing a k1 visa for my mahal. I am familiar with the whole process except for one part. My fiance has a daughter, and it really isn't clear on the 129f how to file for her. Do I just put the childs name down on the space provided on the form. Is that all the paperwork I need to file for the child? I want to make sure as I only want to file this once. Any help will be very much apperciated.

Regards,

BigJack

Ray
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to K1 question and children, posted by BigJack on Dec 31, 2003

Yes, you are correct. If her daughter is unmarried and under 21 years of age, then simply list her in section B.14 of the I-129F and she will automatically be eligible to apply for a K-2 visa.

After the petition is approved and your fiancée receives the visa package from the embassy, she will need to submit two visa applications, one for her and one for her daughter, and submit all of the required documents for both. They will both need the medical exam and if found eligible, her daughter will be issued a K-2 visa and may travel with her mother.

Ray

Michael B
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: K1 question and children, posted by Ray on Dec 31, 2003

With a slight correction, or shall we say addition to Ray's advice. Beware if the child is close to 21. You must: a) have the child and the mother in the US b) be married c) apply for the AOS d) low-life incompetents at INS/BCIS/whatever-they-call-themselves-today must complete the AOS. All this BEFORE the child turns 21.........otherwise the child can enter the US but can only stay for 90 days and then must return to the home country.
BigJack
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: K1 question and children, posted by Michael B on Jan 1, 2004

Thank you for all the info. Luckily my finaces daughter is only 3 years old. Will give updates on what happens. Thx Ray and thank you Michael.

Regards,

Jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: