Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 08:34:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Travelling ?????  (Read 31645 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello All

It's been a little while since I posted anything here at least  coherently  ha ha ha.

Well, I have still been writing, instant messaging, or calling with KAT almost daily since we met only 3 months ago.  We've hit a couple of minor bumps along the way (to be expected I think) but things  still are going very well between us. She caught this big Trout --- hook, line, and sinker.

So I have decided to experience the time traveling phenomenon once  again in order to visit KAT, to make sure it is meant to be between us.  I  have  booked  a  flight  from  LA leaving Friday the 13 th of  February at  11:20 PM  (superstitious -- naw  not in the least).  I will arrive in Guangzhou at 6:20 AM on the 15 th of February.  So  in essence Valentines day February 14 th  will not  exist for me too  much. Kat told me she would make this up to me, and the next 2 weeks  would be Valentines Day for us together. As it is a leap year, I get  that bonus extra day in February the 29 th.  But I don't think it  would make any difference in  my time off from work if it existed or not.  

I'm flying China Southern Airlines (Delta partner  airlines, I think) directly there and back.  I read somewhere else from someone that their service was actually very good.  I bought my ticket through a discount broker for $ 705 and they are UPS ing the ticket to me in the next few days.  They were selling the exact same flight as Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz for about $ 80 cheaper.

We are still ironing out our itinerary together.  But we want to fly to Shanghai together for 5 nights.  My company has a hotel there and  we can stay there for free as long as we don't touch the Mini Bar or  order room service ha ha ha.   We also will spend 3 - 4 nights somewhere in Hong Kong / Macao.  The rest of the time I just want to  hang out with her in Guangzhou and meet her family and friends and get to know KAT better in a relaxed setting.

Someone asked me recently if I was nervous about taking this trip  and meeting KAT.  The funny thing is that I am totally at ease about meeting her.  Fortunately I gained alot of experieince about traveling abroad on my trip to Japan last year so that will help me  out alot.   I  am  a little  concerned  about the  language  barrier however, her English is  excellent contrary to what she thinks,  but  without her I am  totally  lost.  I  know  almost  no  Mandarin  or  Cantonese  and I  am  so  busy I  have  not  had the  time  to  study  any  either, though I am very willing to learn.  

I am so very confident that our union to meet together is meant to be and that she is the one for me.  I knew  by  the  3- 4 th  letter  that  she was  a  good  match for  me  and I  have  not  had  any serious second thoughts about her and  my  interest  in  looking for other women is nonexistant.  I've canceled or let run out my dating service memberships and I don't even bother to look at the profiles of women that I am sent almost daily from them still.

We will see how this trip progreses, but I am looking forward to  sharing a great begining of our lives together with her on this  trip. Hopefully by the end of this trip I will officialy be able to  post our picture together for Jeff's website.  

First things first though,  I will instant message with KAT for 3 - 4 hours in a couple of hours and then I will take a nap and drive down to LA to visit the Chinese Consulate and apply for a visa for my trip.   I don't think I  need a Visa to visit Hong Kong / Macao though.  Of course China Town is on the agenda too ha ha ha  --I hear that Hot and sour soup calling  me.

WINDY

Windmill Boy
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Time Travelling  Huh??, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 10, 2003

hello  every one and thank you for your  responses.

I went  to  the  visa  office  yesterday and I filed  the  paperwork  and  then they  said  okay  return  on monday to pick  it  up.   I said  what ??  I live  in  Santa Barbara  80 miles  away   --  you  don't mail  it too  me  for  the  $ 75 charge Huh?     we  can  give  it to  a  travel  agent and  have  them  mail it  to  you  they  said --  no  thanks I'll  save the  third party  charge thanks   -- I'll  be  back  on  monday then.   I  have to  get  used to  the  Burocracy   I  suppose right.   I applied for  the double  entry visa so I can  return to  Guangzhou  ater  the  Hong Kong / Macao  escapade.  unfortunately  I  will not  be  in Hong Kong  on  Sunday  to  observe  the innundation of  the Filipinas  getting  together  on  their  Day off -- I  think  this  would  be  intersting to  see.

Kat  went  to her  Visa  Office  also to  apply for  her  entry  Visa  to  Hong Kong  yesterday  also  she  said  she had  to  wait  for 4  hours  because many  people were  applying  for visas to  celebrate the  chinese  new year  in  January.   Since  she  took  the  day  off,  afterwards she  said  she  saw  a  cosmetic sale for 40 %  off  and she  wrote  what  color  lipstick  would  you  like  me  to  wear when I Kiss  you all  over  Pink or  red  or some  other  color ?  She said  she  would  buy  the  long  lasting  stuf  so it wouldn't cause  me  trouple  when she  kisses me  and  remains  on  my  face   ha ha ha  too  cute.

BOB  congratulations on  Akiko's  arrival  tomorrow.   I  will look forward  to  it  if    the  LA  gang  can get  together one evening  and  do something  together.  It  will  most likely  have  to  be  after  the New  year  when  business  slows  down  with a little  bit  of  planning  to geth the appropriate time  off  it  sounds  like  a  great idea  -- do yo  know of any Yaki niki  places  in LA  like  we  went to  in Tokyo ? that  was  alot  of fun?

Windy

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Time Travelling  Huh??, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 12, 2003

I know a place not far from Bob's place with a great soba, yaki-niku, and chawan-mushi combo lunch. Orange County (in Costa Mesa) has a real Japanese Yaki-niku place, but it's pricey and pales in comparison to the Korean places in Garden Grove.

- Jeff

Bob S
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Time Travelling  Huh??, posted by Jeff S on Dec 14, 2003

My new place in Hermosa Beach or my old place in Westminster near Garden Grove?  Either is probably fine.  We pass through OC on the way to San Diego County where we will spend many a weekend. (Akiko likes the organic fruit growing in my parents' yard down there.)
Bob S
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Time Travelling  Huh??, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 10, 2003

Eric-sama!

Sounds like a fantastic trip.  If you don't mind the filthy pollution, Shanghai can be an amazing place with the contrast of the old town with the modern skyscrapers across the river.  An evening stroll along the Bund can be romantic.  And while you're in the area, be sure to take a day for a side excursion to Suzhou.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/suzhou.htm
You might like Tiger Hill, and the Humble Administrator's Garden is mystical magical.  In hindsight, I wish I had had more than just a hurried morning to explore all the possible sights in that district.
You won't need a visa to visit Hong Kong and Kowloon, but your lady may need some entrance document (I think it's controlled access for mainland Chinese).  Though check your visa for China, because if it's single entry, there may be a problem if you try to enter Hong Kong, then re-enter mainland PRC.  Not that it WILL be a problem, but better safe than sorry.

If you can make it down for a visit before you head overseas, I got a Lonely Planet China buried in my luggage I can let you borrow for however long you need (not much chance of my needing it for several years).

Akiko arrives tomorrow, and next week we're gonna drop by and visit Jeff before heading down to Escondido.  It'd be nice to see you again if you can make it down on a Friday evening.

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Windy in China, part 1?, posted by Bob S on Dec 11, 2003

Shouldn't it be Elic-sama?

I'll bet you're excited to be picking up your sweetie tomorrow. Is it her first time to the US?

- Jeff

Bob S
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Windy in China, part 1?, posted by Jeff S on Dec 11, 2003

"Is it her first time to the US?"

Nope, second trip.  Her first trip was during Golden Week of last year just before I left for Japan.  And the apartment is still a mess.  Sigh...

Jeff S
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sweetie's arrival, posted by Bob S on Dec 12, 2003

That's right - I should have remembered. Well, it won't be long before she has you whipped into shape - cleanliness wise. Looking forward to getting together next week.

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Eric,

That is great news! I hope you have a fantastic time!

I bought a CD of various languages and am trying to learn basic Mandarin, much to the amusement of my Filipina wife. Since food is so important to me, I am learning the names of my favorite foods..."peechabing" (pizza) and "hambowbow" (hamburger) and "nee" (rice) LOL I don't know how to spell them.

Dave H.

Stephen
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Jeff S
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm sure you'll have a great time in China. Expect it to be vastly different from Japan. Also if you're in the area and have some extra time, let us know.

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Forget about China Town in LA Windy! No matter where you park, they will find a way to give you a $65 parking ticket.

Good luck on your trip! I think you should have a return ticket booked through Cebu just in case... :-)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: