Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 09:51:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CENOMAR Question  (Read 24864 times)
Peter Lee
« on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Question: I noticed when looking at ASAWA site that some K3's were asked for certificates of no marriage record or CENOMAR. Will my wife need this? I thought it was for the K1 or the single women.
Ray
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to CENOMAR Question , posted by Peter Lee on Dec 10, 2003

She won't need to order a CENOMAR because the embassy won't accept it from the applicant anyway. They do their own marriage index checks with NSO to see if the lady might be previously married. Yes, they will do these for K-1, K-3, or IR-1 visa applicants. Some K-3’s and IR-1’s get disapproved because they lied about never being married when in fact they were. Nice surprise for the guy, huh?

I think they use some sort of standard profile to determine if they will order the marriage index check, but they can do it on a hunch also if they are suspicious for any reason. It seems that women over approximately 25 or who have children are usually run through this check. If they order it, they usually do so after the interview and it may take 3-6 weeks.

Ray

Peter Lee
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: CENOMAR Answer, posted by Ray on Dec 10, 2003

Thanks Ray,
I suspected something like that but didn't know for sure.   I knew there was a benefit of marrying someone young LOL.
Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: CENOMAR Answer, posted by Peter Lee on Dec 12, 2003

...the risks far outweigh the benefits (IMHO) :-)
Peter Lee
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, but..., posted by Ray on Dec 12, 2003

Yes your right and I know it.   But I was a paratrooper with the 173rd.  Every time we jumped the risks far outwighed the benefits.  One time I got a May West and came down a bit too fast, I ended up in the hospital for 2 years.   But the others kept on jumping, why did we do it?   The risks far outweighed the befefits.   Sometimes we just have to go for it no matter what the risk.  Sounds like Bush heheehe.   Does that make me a Republican LOL?
Stephen
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to CENOMAR Question , posted by Peter Lee on Dec 10, 2003

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: