Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 11:31:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie advise: FOLLOW/REPLY UP TO THE GROUP  (Read 24842 times)
Andrew777
« on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

NOTE: In case this msg. gets lost in the orig. thread, I've reposted it here.

1st. THANKS SO MUCH ! Tim, Dave H, Jim H, Zebson, humabdos, & Carl (did i leave anyone out ?)
Your very propmt and realistic advise will be well taken here. It makes excellent sense. AND thanks again,this seems like a really great group. I'm glad to be here &
can contribute some interesting info that some of you may or may not know.

The shark infested waters: I agree. A bang stick is ok, but depth charges might be needed as a last resort (hehehe)

Being in So. Calif. you can meet lots of people, lots of Fil. women here. I guess many of them come here to the U.S. on work contracts & with some luck, maybe I
could find a good 1 here. About 40% of the nurses here are Fil. BUT, If they can come here that way, on their own, they can be pickier about men they meet here &
thay can also become more spoiled as time goes by. ALSO, you do have more competition here from other men.
I will say 1 thing though, I know it's not 100%, but a nurse is far less likely to have ever worked in bars + if she becomes an RN, she'll make 40 to $75k / yr.. What
do you all think about what what I've said in this paragraph ?

Personals ads on the net: Fast & efficient IMO. The big BUT is this - The women get 100s' of responses very rapidly.
Its' a rat race of competition for us men ! IMO, Good looks & and/or a fat wallet go far here. And, most of the women get high expectations way beyond reason.
All-in-all though, I feel it can be fun too. I could start a whole new thread on this big subject.

My "oldies" lady, YES, an absolute gem ! A petite and very shapely spanish filipina with a heart of gold. She's is a very jealous little thing, and does have her faults of
course. All-in-all, she is one of this best things that ever happened to me. We've had great times together, she thinks I'm super romantic & smart & digs riding in my
400+ horespower classic muscle car. Yes, It goes real fast & gets really bad gas milage (hehehe)

BTW, I've noticed that many Fil. women put a big value on a man being loving & romantic. I like that.

Also, here's another big ? on the flip side : Fil. women do seem to lie a lot about even things that they don't have to lie about.
Do you guys (or any ladies here) have experience w/ this ?

Thanks again, everyone, Andrew777

SteveG
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Newbie advise: FOLLOW/REPLY UP TO THE GR..., posted by Andrew777 on Mar 22, 2001

Andrew,
 By the way, I'm a muscle car nut too.  I especially like the 70's Trans Ams - with more capable engines installed than the sickly stuff they came with from the factory of course!  I have a 77 TA with a Chevy 454 LS6 crate engine that will have to hold me over until I can realize my dream of replacing it with a 540 stroker Big Block.  I want something that I am truly afraid of!  LOL    Also have a 79 TA with a mildly modified 400 Pontiac that is fun.   This hobby just snow balls as far as cost goes, doesn't it?  haha
  What is your car?   If it was 400 HP from the factory must be something pretty interesting.  OK, guess that is enough "off subject" stuff for one message!
                                          SteveG
Andrew777
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Muscle Cars?Huh?, posted by SteveG on Mar 23, 2001

Hi Steve, My "road bully" is a 68 Chev.Chevelle SS clone. It was orig. a Malibu coupe. I did a 4-speed conversion - orig. Muncie M-21. Engine is a fully blueprinted to perfection, 4-bolt main 350. I had some of the best do the machine work & I did all the assembly. There are some other modernizations, electronic ign. & modern springs & shocks - it rides & handles much better than stock.  

BTW, if you wanna' go big block, build a 510. 600 streetable h.p. is easily attainable if all the components are well matched. Honda gets 240 hp out of a 2-liter (130 cu.in.) V-Tech 4cyl. on pump gas.

Andrew777

SteveG
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Muscle Cars?Huh?, posted by Andrew777 on Mar 25, 2001

Andrew,
 Looks like we have the same attitude towards Muscle cars, i.e. make your own rather than spending tons of money on the true original cars.  Adding the performance stuff to a base model car makes lots of sense if you want a driver. Your Malibu sounds interesting - I'd like to have a Chevelle/Malibu some day too - a 1970 model would make a nice home for my LS6, huh?  

It's just too much trouble to go to such pain chasing the original parts when you can get modern parts to improve these cars, especially the handling as you state.  I used all polyurethane bushings in my car along with stiffer springs all the way around for a big improvement in high speed handling like you apparently did.

Yep, one of the fastest cars I have challenged was an apparently highly modified Honda CRX.  That little rice burner was every bit as fast as my car!   Would love to have talked to that guy to see what he had done to it.  Smiley

SteveG

Andrew777
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Muscle Cars?Huh?, posted by SteveG on Mar 25, 2001

Yes SteveG, modernizing the 60s' cars can yield suprisingly great results. For about $2.5k you can add computer controlled TPI to your big block and get 20% or more h.p. and a torque curve that's unreal ! AND lower fuel comsumption AND longer engine life to boot !

1970 Malibu: IMO the best looking of all the Chevelles.

My saying "I like cars that go real fast & get really bad mileage" is synnon. w/ a particular scene in Robo Cop 1, It was hillarious & so original I just to "cop" it.

Andrew777

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Muscle Cars?Huh?, posted by SteveG on Mar 23, 2001

Gotta love it. I love the smell of greasy hands in the morning!
SteveG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to WOW. Jen-You-Wine car talk.., posted by Jeff S on Mar 24, 2001

Jeff,
 Haha, yeah my friend and I used to joke about how we would get so much grease under our nails on the weekend it would take until Friday to clean it out, then we were right back into it again!  OF course we usually got a grease "booster" on Wensday nights at his house which became a tradition for years with all the Mustangs he seemed to accumulate.
                                      SteveG
kevin
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What about the Sulfuric smell of Rear En..., posted by SteveG on Mar 24, 2001

than a man.  Although the decibels probably compensate for the difference.  LOL.

- Kevin

SteveG
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I's better that it comes from a car . . ..., posted by kevin on Mar 24, 2001

Kevin,
 Yep that other sorce of Sulphur can be a killer!!  Smiley
                                        SteveG
Andrew777
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I's better that it comes from a car ..., posted by SteveG on Mar 24, 2001

Ah ! , the smell of leather & gasoline vapor - 1966 3-2bbl. 427 vette.

Andrew777

SteveG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Newbie advise: FOLLOW/REPLY UP TO THE GR..., posted by Andrew777 on Mar 22, 2001

Andrew,
  I noticed your comments about high competition among the many men responding to the ladies advertising on the Internet.   The fact that so many men worldwide can view a woman's ad would give you the impression that all the good ones would be snapped up right away, wouldn't it?  

The reality is that even though thousands of guys may look at a woman's pictures and hundreds may buy her address and maybe 100 write to her, most will quit after a few letters and never go see her.   Not many guys are willing to carry on a long distance relationship because of the time and effort involved and, I suspect, the lack of the physical part of the relationship.  Plus there is a lot of time and money involved and there is no guarantee of success when you go to visit her.   Yes, sometimes the women say  "No".   It takes guts or maybe a little insanity to dive into this and see it through.  LOL   But the bottom line is this, the odds of any given woman getting married this way are very very slim.   Take it from someone who wrote to 265 ladies and kept up correspondence with 55 for months, it's not easy!  Smiley   I got sick several times from lack of sleep while writing all those letters.  
At the same time though it is fun unlike anything I ever experienced opening your mailbox and having letters fall out in piles every day.   I got 21 one day.  Woweeeeeeeee!!

The odds of us guys finding a spouse, on the other hand, is darned high if you are a considerate and nice guy - I would even dare say it's 100% if you are willing to make this a top priority and just be open and honest to as many ladies as possible.  If you can't tell by now, I highly recommend buying addresses and then writing letters no matter how small you may think your chances are due to the woman's good qualities(personality, looks, religion, age....etc.)   So what if maybe the one you are infatuated with does happen to get engaged before you have a chance?  You didn't know her anyway, so just keep on writing and getting to know others.   The letter writing process is a great intro and screening of sorts to give you ideas of who Is and Is Not basically compatible with you without the extra expense of flying half way around the Earth to meet. It also gives you a history to talk about when you finally do meet in person.   Anyway, those are my thoughts.   Good Luck!
                                   SteveG

greg
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Yep, Pinays seem to tell You what they think you want to hear. OR to avoid confrontions they find it easier to lie than to tell the truth. The problem is not knowing when they are speaking the truth or lying. They are clever at covering up lying with their sweetness. That's my opinion. greg
Andrew777
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Newbie advise: FOLLOW/REPLY UP TO TH..., posted by greg on Mar 22, 2001

I can usually see through it. I listen to them VERY carefully & watch for contradictions & the like.
Bear
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I'd go over to Mag-anak and look at the sponsored Filipinas that are looking for American men.  Thes are safer because yo meet them by introduction of Fil-Am couples here.  No cost involved as well.

I think there are "bad ones" in every culture.  None specific to the RP even if Humados thinks there is.  You just have to be caucious and pray about it.  You'll find the right one.  My experience is that there are some great lovely loving ladies out there who would be proud to be your wife and treat you like "gold pressed latinum".

Bear

Andrew777
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to If I were starting over...., posted by Bear on Mar 22, 2001

Thanks Bear, BTW what is Mag-anak?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: