Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 12:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The cell-phone craze  (Read 31282 times)
rgg
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The cell-phone craze, posted by cc on Mar 24, 2001

cc

This explains why my cellphone business is doing very gooood. Pinays seldom use cellphone to call, they text most of the time cuz its cheaper P1.00/message... mostly jokes pass on by friends not really urgent messages. Its like a security blanket for them.  How to deal with them??  You'll get used to it, somehow...         rgg

cc
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The cell-phone craze, posted by rgg on Mar 24, 2001

"not really urgent messages" - that hits it right on the nail! I found, the only way I could deal with this constant influx of messages was to (pretend to) take a very active interest in this and have her show me and translate every single one. But what a "yawn"...

I am sure it's a generational thing. For the first time I begin to understand why my parents (in their 70s) have no interest in e-mail or the internet whatsoever...

kevin
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The cell-phone craze, posted by rgg on Mar 24, 2001

it might not be that much different than us Kanos exchanging fart stories on e-mail.  LOL

- Kevin

SteveB
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I suppose . . ., posted by kevin on Mar 24, 2001

Grow up,,,its old!!!!
kevin
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I suppose . . ., posted by SteveB on Mar 25, 2001

- Kevin
greg
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Go to Hell (n/t)!, posted by kevin on Mar 26, 2001

I find the fart stories funny as long as they are not addressed to me smile. Anyway I enjoy reading your posts about your ex Pinays hehehehe. :-) greg
humabdos
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I suppose . . ., posted by SteveB on Mar 25, 2001

Steve you make me sick! lol
Stephen
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

nice looking lady....CHERRY.  Did you see her?

Stephen

PS:  She was HOT!!!!

cc
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey, whatever happend to that....., posted by Stephen on Mar 24, 2001

Hi Stephen - well, I proposed to Cherry several times and got only the most vague answers. Then this January she moved to Japan to work as an "entertainer" - despite my pleading not to. Haven't heard from her since, so I decided it is time to move on. Yes, Cherry was really hot and had a great personality - always laughing and making some jokes. I surely miss her and pray that she is alright in Japan.

My new mahal is also very very sweet, but I surely have a strange "talent" to choose my women... she is a full-blooded Ilocana and I now have a new idea what it means to be part of a clan. I stayed with her family for 1 week and we NEVER were alone, I mean not one single minute. There was always a minimum of 3 chaperones around, wherever we went, but more usual 5 to 10... She also hinted that she would prefer me to live in the Philippines rather than her going abroad! Well, at least I can be certain that she isn't a green-card shark.... but I am not sure whether I am up to the "challenge"....

If I have time I will scan and post a few pictures next week.

Cecil
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to what happend to my previous love....!!!, posted by cc on Mar 25, 2001

The course in life which Cherry has chosen must have been heartbreaking for you.  You truly care for her and you know that she is entering something which can be very dangerous.  Many times in the Phils we are constantly bombarded with so many tragic situations and we just want to rescue everyone of these nice ladies who have found themselves in harms way.  Unfortunately all too often we can be nothing more than spectators as we see an otherwise good lady being destroyed by a poverty which we do not have the power to end.  I just wish I could take every girl who wants to go to school and give her a scholarship.  I wish I could find work in her hometown for every lady who is forced to work as a slave as a OCW.  What a tragedy to lose even one Cherry.  If you are a soft-hearted individual like myself, the Philippines can break your heart.

When I was a baby,  I was in an convent hospital in Spain available for adoption.  My mother went there one day and asked the nun to see a newborn baby boy and she brought me to her.  From that blessed moment, I suddenly had two parents who adored me. I lived on base housing with all the luxuries which are common to americans.  I eventually received the best education and encouragement to succeed.  Sometimes I think of the other baby boys who though as talented were left behind to toil in the fields just to survive.  This is the reason that I cannot bear to pick one filipina knowing that those to don't catch "The American Dream" as one filipina put it will be left behind to struggle in the poverty of their country.  I think it is the memory of the great ladies who hope to come to America which will ultimately cause me to stop this search.

Cecil

cc
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: what happend to my previous love......., posted by Cecil on Mar 25, 2001

Thanks for your very kind words - sometimes I don't know what maddens me more, the poverty in this Country (and so many like it), or the parents who allow their daughters to become OCWs or "entertainers"... We really forget all to easily how lucky we are...

I don't quite understand why you conclude that you cannot bear to pick one, knowing about those who are left behind...
also, it's not just you doing the choosing, it's also you who ultimately are being chosen. In my case for example, Cherry made her choice a few months ago...

In case you missed it last year, here are the links to pictures of me with Cherry:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Suite/4657/cherry-1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Suite/4657/cherry-2.jpg

Zebson
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

cc,
My Mahal's phone drove us crazy at first too, when I was there recently. I  too had to lay down the law..I told her the thing has got to go when were out doing things, when we returned to the places we were staying we decided mutually on turning it on only for one a 1/2 Hour, morning, noon and night. No problem.

Funny thing, then just two weeks after I got back here it was stolen from her. Then I was party to exclaiming to her the urgency of getting another one quickly..cause I couldn't bear not to talk to her everyday..Ha ha..

Zeb

cc
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Crazy for a cell phone.., posted by Zebson on Mar 24, 2001

You are lucky, cause you said it drove "us" crazy - in our case it was just me driven to insanity - I didn't know I had that much jealousy within myself!!!
Tim
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

It's also rampant in Hong Kong. I was shocked to learn that about 70% of the population there has a personal cellphone. That's roughly 7 million phones for 10 million people, all within a geographic area about 50 miles square. Talk about a nightmare.

I am very proud of Wendy, she gave up owning a cellphone without comment when she arrived here. I haven't owned one for 8 years. I'll probably break down and buy a set when she starts working full-time, since that's when she'll be driving everyday in Houston's traffic. But for now - bliss.

Regards, Tim

Jeff S
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The cell-phone craze, posted by Tim on Mar 24, 2001

As the redneck in his 4wd pickup with the cowboy hat runs you off in the ditch. Been there. My condolences Wendy.
-- Jeff S.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: