Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 15, 2024, 10:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The cell-phone craze  (Read 31264 times)
cc
« on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Just returned from a 2 week trip to the Philippines and met my "mahal"!!! In the past I had dated mostly Ladies in the 20s, this is my first experience with teenagers (18-19 years). My love is addicted to her cell-phone and it drove me absolutely insane.

I realize that this is part of her life-style and trying to have her not message with the phone is akin to asking her not to talk - but still, I found it very difficult. When sitting at the beach, holding hands, her other hand firmly clutched the cellular phone. When trying to bring the subject of our conversation to something serious (like our future...) surely enough we were interrupted by one of her cousins texting her, where we are, what we are doing or just wishing a happy evening. Also, the sheer number of "sweet" messages being texted and forwarded every day makes words like "I love you" sound less sincere. (My love sent me a very very sweet message - at least I thought so, until I found out that she simply forwarded a message to me that she had received herself...)

How do you deal with this cell-phone craze???

outwest
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The cell-phone craze, posted by cc on Mar 24, 2001

what is your age?
cc
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to her age....your age....just curious, posted by outwest on Mar 25, 2001

I am a little shy about this, hahaha - but I will post a few pictures next week, so you can guess for yourself. Most of my penpals are in their early 20s, so dating someone less than 20 was a new experience for me and this cell-phone thing did put a huge question mark on it, I admit...
outwest
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: her age....your age....just curious, posted by cc on Mar 25, 2001

I am over 40 and under 45...hehe, and have no earthly idea
what age i will go for on the bottom side, i have a friend
who is 45 who just got a 20 year old angel from cebu, and
she is almost here on her k1, so, i think thats too young,
but, man she is cute, so, i would prefer 30 or so, but
its a lot harder to find one that age, with no kids, etc.
i dont know wat to think
MikeR
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: her age....your age....just curi..., posted by outwest on Mar 25, 2001

If you're really SINCERE about meeting a lady in her early 30's, my wife and I know a wonderful lady (who's integrity, I can vouch for ,personally)from the Davao area...never married, no kids, a Christian...It would involve snail mail...if you're interested, email us....Mike and Lyn
outwest
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to outwest..., posted by MikeR on Mar 26, 2001

thanks, I may take you up on it, but i am going to rest
a month or so, I am exausted from all my recent stresses
with penpals. Thanks very much though
cc
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: her age....your age....just curi..., posted by outwest on Mar 25, 2001

I don't think there should be some limit upside or downside - let love fall wherever it may - however based on my very recent experience, early 20s seems to be quite a bit more mature than late teens (surprise, surprise...).

Nevertheless, I now find myself hopelessly in love with a 19 year old cell phone addict ;-)

Also keep in mind that a 19 year old Filipina (in most cases) is MUCH more mature than a 25 year old American!

Ray
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: her age....your age....just ..., posted by cc on Mar 25, 2001

cc,

I guess if the cell phone addiction is her only fault, you can learn to live with it :-)

But those text messages across the ocean are a lot cheaper than calling long distance, if you just want to say hi and stay in touch daily. It will cost her around P2.00 to send a message to your e-mail box and it will cost nothing for you to send an SMS to her.

Ray

Ray
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Out,

Actually, there are quite a few Filipinas over there in their 30s & 40s, never married, no children. But you’re not likely to find them in the Internet chat rooms. I think the best way to meet some nice ladies is through personal intros. If you have any Filipino friends or co-workers, that’s a good place to start. Here in San Diego, I’ve had dozens of Filipina friends try to set me up with relatives or friends back home. They’re out there, but you just have to look in the right places.

Those young girls may look hot, but a more mature woman is refreshing to be with. Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

Ray

carrie
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

outwest,

you would like to have a filipina, i could recommend you to her if your a good man. She is professional, she is from cebu but assigned to worked in manila. I think she is between 27-30. she is a friend of my bestfriend which i've known her for a long time.

outwest
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: her age....your age....just ..., posted by carrie on Mar 25, 2001

thanks for the offer,
i may take you up on it, i have to have a breather of
a month or so before I dive in again.
Carrisse
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You'd think the PI is a rich country when you see all these teenagers clutching their cellphones.

It's a status symbol nowadays in PI.  My nieces have each and they are always emailing me asking me to send them text messages.  I couldn't even keep up with answering my emails.
No one talks to anyone anymore---with all these communication gizmos.  I wish we'd go back to the old days. Oh well. Just try to deal with it, at least she's not on drugs or some other vices. Believe me, these teenagers will try anything to fit in with their peers.

Uhhhh, why not try to find someone who is more your age? Not judging your choices--just making a suggestion.

Dave H
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

cc,

I totally agree with you. The cellphone craze is out of control in the PI. My fiancee is very "low tech" and thus doesn't own one. Which makes me a VERY happy man. Two of her younger sisters do. They walk around all day starring at the screen and typing messages. These two beautiful, bright, educated young women, appear to be zombies. They can't let go of those da*n things. I jokingly wondered if maybe they were even texting each other in the same house. Who knows? Wherever I went, I saw the same thing, with other ladies. It really made me sad to see these little boxes rule their lives. I thought Miami was bad, but it isn't even close yet.

It seems that paradise is changing quickly. Along with the cellphone craze, a new attitude from the West has taken root among many of the younger generation. Me Me Me...mo money...Me Me Me!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Don’t worry cc, she’ll grow out of it (in about 10-15 years). However, I think Jay’s solution is the most effective for the short term (ROTFLMAO!)

Ray

cc
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The cell-phone craze, posted by Ray on Mar 24, 2001

Well, I surely hope so. Did you know that there are little video games built into these phones? This way even the 5 to 10 year old kids get hooked onto using these devices from hell...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: