Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 07:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas in Siquijor  (Read 57499 times)
Jimbo
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Noche Buena In South Florida, posted by Dave H on Dec 26, 2002

60 meters was planned - maybe that's why it was scary.  On a previous dive at Apo I hit 47 meters and all I felt was relaxed.  Very relaxed.  So relaxed that I wasn't clamping on the regulator and it kept popping out.  The Filipino divemaster got a kick out of this but he did the right thing and took me up some.  Do you think I had a touch of nitrogen narcosis? :

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dr. Dave, posted by Jimbo on Dec 27, 2002

Hi Jim,

Perhaps, just a touch...LOL 60 meters is about as deep as I would go on compressed air...then I would've had to have dropped something very expensive and went to retrive it. O-) 47 meters is not too shabby. You have to adapt. Going that deep is good experience. At my age, ;o) I would prefer to use a mixed gas. Next, you have to come cave and cavern diving in Florida. I started getting into it, but those guys are too nuts for me!

Dave H.

The Walker
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dr. Dave, posted by Jimbo on Dec 27, 2002

A suggestion from experience. Breathe pure oxygen for 30 minutes prior to a deeper dive to purge nitrogen from your system. Prevents narcosis and also helps with the bends. That's what free divers often do, and military divers who have to work deep.

Don

Jimbo
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dr. Dave, posted by The Walker on Dec 27, 2002

Don - Sounds logical, although the PADI outfits probably wouldn't go for it - they set a limit of 40 meters for sport divers.  I'm only Rescue level with 153 lifetime dives.

Dave - Most of the good stuff is at 12 - 24 meters anyway (except the sharks), so we can still dive together.  You can protect me from mean 2 inch clownfish :O))  Marife and Sally can snorkle and get brown ;-)))

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks, posted by Jimbo on Dec 29, 2002

Hi Jim,

I will throw on some large doubles filled with NITROX and stay under "all day." Shocked))) I will tie my cave/wreck line to you and reel you up every time you slip below 24 meters. LOL An associate mine was an early explorer (on air) of the Andrea Doria. He eventually got bent and is a shallow water diver now also. If you saw some of the ladies that I have dove with, you would never think of going below 10 meters again! ;oD

Dave H.

Surigao Ken
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Noche Buena In South Florida, posted by Dave H on Dec 26, 2002

n/t
Dave H
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What! No Lynard Skynard? n/t, posted by Surigao Ken on Dec 26, 2002

Hey Ken,

I usually blast Skynyrd (one of my favorite bands. It sounds REAL good in my son's pickup with the amp and the 12 inch speakers. Shocked))) But, I was in a "cold Michigan winter...Detroit rock city" mindset. Shocked)))

"Simple Man"
(Gary Rossington - Ronnie VanZant)

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

(Chorus)
And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow your heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Dave H.

Surigao Ken
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Some Skynyrd..., posted by Dave H on Dec 27, 2002

My wife brought some CD'S of Filipino artists home and I'm starting to listen to them. All love songs, heart broken type stuff.
Pretty good, and puts us in the mood, if you know what I mean. Wink

Forgive, I paraphrase,

I'm home in Alabama, where the sky is so blue.
Watergate does not bother me, does your conscience bother you? Tell me true.

Take care,
Surigao Ken

Humabdos
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Christmas in Siquijor, posted by Jimbo on Dec 26, 2002

Sounds wounderful Jimbo!   Please tell Dave and Hellen that Glen said Hi. I'm not sure he will remember me as it's been four years sence I've been there. My ex-wife's sister use to work there her name is Rachel (maybe she still works there i don't know) Have fun!

Hum & Sallie

Jimbo
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Christmas in Siquijor, posted by Humabdos on Dec 26, 2002

Hi Hum,

I told them hello from Glen and Dave remembered you right away.  I said "Oregon, I think" and he said "No, Washington" - or it was the other way around.

There is a Rachel there, maybe not the same one.  She doesn't work there she's just a friend of Hellen.  She's married to a German and she talks a lot.

Jim

Humabdos
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to They remember you, posted by Jimbo on Dec 27, 2002

I realy miss Siquijor and the Coral Cay! Dave is a very good host. I've never been there at Christmas time i'm sure it's very busy. I hope someday I can covince Sallie to go there with me. She like so many other Filipinas is afraid of the wak wak's.

Humabdos

joemc
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Jimbo,
      I am glad that Sally and yourself made it And it sounds like that you are living it up.  Thanks for the
report. I hope you take some pictures to post.

Take care brother,
                                                 joemc
outwest77
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey im leaving in 8 hours to the phils, where is that place you are at, how do you get there, and how are the prices for food, hotels, etc, we were thinking of going to puerto galera again since its the only place i know how to get to.

Merry Christmas my friend

Jimbo
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Merry xmas Jimbo, posted by outwest77 on Dec 26, 2002

Hello OW,

Good for you - have a nice trip!

We did a week at El Dorado Resort, Dauin, Negros, two towns south of Dumaguete City.  Then a ferry trip to Coral Cay Resort on Siquijor Island.  If you fly Manila to Dumaguete there is a small travel agency at the 'Why Not' Restaurant/Disco/I-Cafe place right on the main strip by the water, Rizal Boulevard.  They can tell you what's available.  But next week is tough - places are getting full for the New Year's week.  I know Coral Cay and Coco Grove are full.  At the 'Why Not' ask for Flor; she can advise you.

We're here for 2 more weeks.

Cheers,
Jim

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: