Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 01:44:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel Advice Needed  (Read 27088 times)
Howard
« on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Guys,

Gimme your advice.  I am flying into Manila on the 10th of January, I arrive at 5am-ish.  Gerlie is meeting me at the airport Smiley--at my request Cheesy--and we are gonna go to a hotel so I can grab some shut eye.  Depending on how we feel we will go on to Davao later that evening or early the next morning.  Personally I'm thinkin' that afternoon, but we'll see Smiley  

Anyway... where should I stay in Manila?  Close to the airport, decent accomodations, reasonable price, smoking rooms , internet service--so I can let everyone know I got in okay Smiley... you know the drill.  I stayed at the Aloha last time.  Kind of crappy, but I could do it again if it's necessary.  What does the braintrust think?  LOL

Davao... We're probably gonna go to the resort Hum recommended, but what hotels in Davao are the best deal?  I'm hoping to pop in on Roy and Celia and see what's cookin in their neck of the woods Tongue  Beyond that it's the family grillin', hangin' with Gerlie and RELAXATION!!!

Any info is appreciated Wink

Keep the Faith!

H

DanAndChed
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hotel Advice Needed, posted by Howard on Dec 29, 2002

Howard,

I stayed at the Hyatt in Manila.  It was a little price $90 a night, but the accomidations were good.  Even had a bath with hot and cold water.  I book the room on line.

The other place I stayed in Cebu, had ants included for free and a toilet that didn't flush 3 out of 4 times.

I know crappy accomidations and I'd rather spend the extra $70 a night for a flushing toilet.

Dan and Mares

Mita
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Asiatravel.com has a good deal on the Heritage Hotel - 60% off.  It's close enough to the airport and is right by Manila Bay.
I've always been interested in the Orchid Garden Suite in Malate.  Their rates are good on asiatravel.com too.  Anyone tried this hotel before?
Dingo
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Howard,
Try www.asiatravel.com
I've used them for my last 3 trips.
They were Great.
As for Luzon. Try City Garden in Makati.
I stayed there.
Also for Manila they have a City Garden as well though
not as nice as the Makati.
Price can't be beat for what you get.

In Davao I stayed at Maguindanao (SP?),
Have fun.
We Expect a full trip report ;0) and Pics.

Stephen
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I really like EXECUTIVE PLAZA HOTEL.  It's by Robinson Mall area.  Very nice place.

Stephen

Surigao Ken
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hotel Advice Needed, posted by Stephen on Dec 30, 2002

H.

The Exective plaza is connected to the Robinson mall, which is nice if you want to do some shopping and such. They even have a Burger King in the food court. I stayed there and we did the family shopping thing.
  But its not really romantic, maybe the Manila Hotel? On my next trip to the Manila I'm going to pick that one. Old world charm and all that.

Take care and have fun!!!

Surigao Ken

The Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Personally, I prefer the Shangri-La, but you won't like the price.

Don

Jimbo
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Howard,

I LIKE the Aloha, so you probably won't like my recommendations :O))  But, FWIW, the Manila Hotel is very nice Shocked)))

Have a great trip,
Jim

Humabdos
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

We liked the Regency Inn it's in town and close to Gaisano Mall the rooms are a bit small but ask to see a better one if you don't like the first one they show you. also ask for something on the 3rd floor as the fifth floor was noisy. If you don't mind staying a little ways out of town stay at the Red Knight Garden apartelle it's very quiet and has a nice pool. Don't forget to eat at Jack's ridge restaurant!

Paradise Beach resort is really nice with good snorkeling on the other side of the floating logs.

Hum & Sallie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: