Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 01, 2024, 11:03:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolutions  (Read 5225 times)
jon
« on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Well its been about 4 years that I have been reading
this site.  I've exchanged e-mails, mails, chats, and
even been to the Phils once.

While I have not exactly been agressive about my
search, I figured something would have happened by
now.

So I've been reflecting on this and where my life is
right now, and I to the point where I feel like
putting this all aside and and being alone.  Don't
get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it, heck,
I'm even used to it.

Oh, well.

Jon

Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Resolutions, posted by jon on Jan 1, 2003

Jon,

I wish you could see all the stunning beauties here at the SM mall.  That would make you more agressive!

Moods change, economies change, you'll be back...

Jim

Mita
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Being alone is not scary at all. It takes a lot to learn to like oneself, love oneself.  You have to be ready to give so much in a relationship and not lose yourself in the process.  So it helps if you have to get into relationships  with a very strong sense of self.
I was content and happy to be all by my lonesome when I met my husband online quite by accident.  You'll find love in the most unexpected places.  Let love find you.   If it's yours, it will come...and all those sappy, hogwash sayings came true in my case.
BradUSA
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I can relate to what you're saying.  It's been about seven years since I decided I wanted to search for my soulmate internationally.  Since I'm still alone after all this time, I have to ask myself how serious I am.  I did actually take a trip to Jakarta in September 2001.  About 30 hours after I arrived at my destination, the 9/11 terrorist attacks took place.  After that terrible day, I could not even focus on why I had traveled to Asia in the first place.  I didn't even know how to communicate with the girl I was visiting because I had become so reserved.  The trip was ultimately a disaster and a waste of my time and money.

Since then, it's been difficult for me to start all over again making contacts, but I know it's something I HAVE to do if I have any hope of getting married.  I've reached a point where I can't imagine meeting someone in the USA.  Part of the problem is the city where I live, the pickings are very slim.  There just aren't very many available women locally who I can even pretend to find attractive.

I did almost nothing in 2002 to reach my goal of finding my partner except reading the PL message boards.  I've decided that moving forward in my quest is my New Year's resolution for 2003.

Surigao Ken
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Surigao Ken]

Jon,

Never give up. It took me eight years on and off to find my true love. What can I say? Look at the trials and tribulations of members of this board.
If you stop now all it means is that there is a woman out there that will never find a true love in you.  

DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!

Take care,
Surigao Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: