Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting the Right Women  (Read 44978 times)
shadow
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Meeting the Right Women, posted by SteveB on Dec 9, 2002

everything is going well with you two. Haven't heard from you in ages.

Merry Xmas!

Larry.

Ray
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Meeting the Right Women, posted by Mita on Dec 9, 2002

:-)
Mars
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I agree with you 100% Mita but the track record among those here is not good. A poll is a great idea.
Mars
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I agree with you 100% Mita but the track record among those here is not good. A poll is a great idea.
William
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Meeting the Right Women, posted by Mars on Dec 9, 2002

We must also remember that the landscape here has changed.
I mean in the whole foriegn bride arena.
It USED to be almost all AMs were a bit older, more mature, and often divorced(once burned, twice shy).
The foreign women were often older(a bit), more realistic, and sincere.
The 'crop' of both men and women are now, it seems, younger, less settled, more self centered, and all these traits tend to move the odds closer to what many of us find with AM/AW.
My 2¢
shadow
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

You'll not get a very accurate poll here on the success rate of fil/am relationships. Why? Partly because the likes of the Rat and Toto show, and similar factions, have run most people off that have had negative experiences. Any time someone posts anything that does not agree with their lopsided view of the world they get attacked mercilessly. Most people that get repeatedly attacked in this manner leave the board.

Secondly, you should define what exactly constitutes a relationship. A pen pal? A friend? A fiance? A wife?

An online relationship, as with any other relationship, can only be successful if both parties are open, honest, and have the right intentions. In the case of an online relationship, however, if someone has motives they don't want the other to see, it is much easier to hide those motives. It is simply impossible to REALLY know who you are chatting with.  It could be similar to a blind man buying a house without ever being in it. Yes, that person might hook up with an honest salesman who has the best intentions in mind, but without seeing and getting a 'feel' for the house, how can he really know? How does he know if the foundation is gone?

In a relationship, without spending sufficient time in each others personal company, it is much too easy to hide a rotted foundation.

Just my opinion.

Flame away Rat and Toto.

Larry.

Mita
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'll bite., posted by shadow on Dec 9, 2002

Larry,
Accurate or not, the poll seems to have started.
You may have difficulty REALLY knowing whom you are chatting with if you are not open enough.  It could even be a man posing as a woman.  
No matter how much time you spend physically with another individual, you will never progress in your relationship if you have barriers around you.  Either way, you have to let your guard down to some extent.  There are risks involved either way.
Mita
Matthew
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Why would I flame you about this post?I agree.It really helps to know who you are chatting with.You have to spend quality face time together.No diagreements here.

As far as chasing people away.Well, that is just silly.

tito Matt

Mars
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Good points Larry...you are right. A poll might not be accurate because of those who have been burned gave up and left.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: