Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 05:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I find it sad....  (Read 26832 times)
Ambi
« on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

that an intelligent beautiful yet modest person like me can't get a man.  What is it with me? I'm not a dragon b****, I'm not inflicted with PMS every day(only 23 times a month)I'm getting too old too go back into the dating scene.  I'm thinking of different ways to meet nice decent men, any suggestions? I don't like niteclubs, I don't like personal ads and I don't like chatting on the net.  For you guys it's easy, all you have to do is go overseas and find a wife.
John
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I find it sad...., posted by Ambi on Feb 16, 2001

... our relationship, there are a couple questions I'd like to ask you.
First, if I told you I would think it best if we abstain from sexual intercourse until we became married, would you have a problem with this?
Second, explain to me in moderate detail what an ideal week would be for YOU, given the situation that you and I are married.

John xo

Ambi
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ambi. Before you and I go any farther wi..., posted by John on Feb 17, 2001

Hmmm, I love a man with confidence!!!A week in my presence will force you to have cold showers every 6 mins.  Why? because I believe in abstaining from sex for life and I'm so incredibly sexy , will drive you crazy!
Windmill Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Suggestions ...

1.) Offer to cook a somewhat Gourmand meal for any guy who will go grocery shopping with you and pay for the ingredients  that is bound to weed out 75% of the undisirables  ha ha ha.

2.) All the usual Dear Abbey / Ann Landers outdated suggestions like attend churches, synagogues, temples, book burning rallies etc.  or  get involved with Charities, Start your own Charity for that matter (Ie the human fund --thank you george costanza from sienfeld)  who ever contibutes to it at least shows you that they have some charector.

3.)Offer to buy a pint / case / keg of beer to any guy at the pub who can recite the 10 commandments backwards, or who can tell you 5 dirty limericks without swearing. or can will read 3 stanza's of the corneyist romantic poetry you hand him in front of his mates.  then you might have a keeper.

Seriously though I know it against one of your cardinal rules chatting on the net. but I am interested in finding out more about Australian life from your perspective.  If you are up for it e-mail me at   Oh a Wise Guy Eh@aol.com or TheobromaC@aol.com

Windmill Boy

greg
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hehehehe, this you...Mr. Peabody
AsianGirl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I find it sad....AsianGirl, posted by greg on Feb 17, 2001

Check the ISP...it's from Australia  :-)
humabdos
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Ambi can you send me your pic ? I'll  send you mine if you like. Who knows ?
Ambi
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I find it sad...., posted by humabdos on Feb 16, 2001

Did I mention I also want a guy that's NOT superficial?  Although I am attractive (many drunks tell me so)I don't like the idea that people judge me for my looks.
humabdos
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I find it sad...., posted by Ambi on Feb 16, 2001

Wait a min! Who said I was judging you by your looks! Are you telling me that if I were butt ugly you would still be interested in me?  You already said you were attractive so whats to hide?  I have a feeling your just like all the rest of the Kano women ! stuck up!
Jimbo
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

But, IMO, many Western women set themselves up for this disappointment.  Many times I've seen a personal ad that reads like:  "SWF seeks sincere, caring, honest, romantic, athletic, upwardly mobile, never-married SWM; 6'0" - 6'2", 190 - 205 lbs., 28 - 33 years old, Masters degree or higher; should be at ease in jeans or three piece suit, down-to-earth but knows how to enjoy the finer things in life, and appreciates a strong woman as his equal but knows when to pamper her as a lady."

When this woman is asked why she limits her search so as to eliminate 99.7% of the available male population, the response sounds something like "Because I refuse to lower my standards!" (Asiangirl comes to mind).  Later in life, say the mid-to-late thirties, the "standards" come down.  But by then she has aquired enough baggage, both mental and physical, to ensure that her odds of finding a "decent" guy are similar to her chances of dying from a bee sting.

Jim

AsianGirl
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, it's sad...., posted by Jimbo on Feb 16, 2001

We just want to be able to provide our future children with a very decent life, such as send them to a religious school that isn't in the inner city, and have the right connections to the right families.  Don't forget that this has been going on for generations.  There are just more people who have money now.
yorktr
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

n/t
Ambi
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

If I had to take out a personal ad, it would be something like this
" Beautiful women seeks emotionally unstable man with no prospect.  Likes watching sport all day and drinks beer.  Must have an iq of 75+ and must want an uncommitted relationship".  Who knows, reverse psychology may work. You never get what you want so why not ask for something you don't want.  There's a scientific term for that, its called the OPPOSITE continumum affect. *can anyone tell I'm BSing*??
humabdos
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yes, it's sad...., posted by Ambi on Feb 16, 2001

Which part are you joking about ? The beautiful women part ;0)
FL
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

And you'll never meet these ladies anywhere. Their either "walking on the beach", "at the gym" or "snuggled in front of the fireplace"(things they love to do). The last line usually reads " outer looks count, but not as important as inner beauty, don't bother to respond without a photo"
    The "intro" letter(e-mail, photo not included) I used to send, to AW's, I received two replies out of maybe 100 sent. When I sent the same letter to filipinas, it was about 70 responses out of some 100 sent, all this over a two year period and some 3-400 letters sent world wide.
       Success, for me, didn't come with the increase in replies, it came from the one reply I was hoping for and knew would come. I was casually writing to 6-7 ladies when "she" wrote in response to my letter..."love at first write", now 100 days into the "Nebraska crawl"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: