Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 09:19:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice something interesting  (Read 27549 times)
Bear
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Well Ambi you are very new to this board and have not experienced or seen what happens when these trolls are accepted on these boards.  

Quite recently we have had weeks to months of excessively negative comments about things that most here hold very dear to our hearts.  

The multiple negative comments drives off new members or other Filipinas that might occationally "uncloak" and answer some question.  Or particapte in answering serious questions we have.

Several of us like Tim and myself can testify as to how such activity destroys bullitin boards like the old BBM bullitin board.  It was the best for a long time now it doesn't exist anymore due to vulgar activity.

Question like the one below has done "anon" which is usaually the first sign of a "troll" who will not be held accountable or allow us to e-mail them privately.  A general rule is that if we do not know them or have their personal e-mail we do not answer.  Particularly if the question is controversal or sexually oriented.

Bear

Ambi
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Bear on Feb 19, 2001

Learn to live and deal with negative criticisms, it won't go away if you ignore them or ban them from the site.  So what if people don't agree with your views, are you going through life surrounded by people who share the same view as you? wouldn't that be boring! some 'trolls' aren't as bad as you make them out to be,maybe they rub you up the wrong way, but in an ideal democratic world not rule by power censorship hungry site administrator everybody is entitled to express their opinion without inciting violence or harming others.
Jeff S
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Remember that this board exists specifically for men (oops, Lori, women, too) who wish to find their soul mate in Asia. That many of us have done just that and are now happily married, is proof that is not is only doable, but well within the capabilities of any guy who puts his mind to it. "You guys are a bunch of losers looking for subserviant sex slaves," or other such comments are not "differences of opinion," they're strictly inflammatory comments by people who believe their ideas are somehow morally superior to ours. There is nothing constructive about such comments, and it serves no purpose whatsoever to those people who wish to pursue this fascinating adventure. So, if you're not interested in finding a soul mate overseas, or have already found your mate and wish to assist others in their quest, and are here to try to preach, educate, or convert this board's membership, you're a troll. It's as simple as that.
-- Jeff S.
Ray
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Jeff S on Feb 19, 2001

Jeff,

I feel the same way as you and Bear about trolls. However, I think it is acceptable and even welcome to hear the perspective of some of the women who participate here, especially Asian ladies who are in a relationship with Westerners.  Sometimes it does us all good to hear from the other side, from the horse’s mouth so to speak, as long as their input is constructive and informative.

Like you, I don’t need to hear the preachings of  some holier-than-thou feminist, but I have learned a lot over the years by listening to Filipinas expressing their viewpoints from a cultural perspective. I don’t think we should feel threatened if they come here and correct us when we are wrong or educate us when we are ignorant. In that context, I do not consider them trolls.

Just my $.02,

Ray

Jeff S.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree, but..., posted by Ray on Feb 19, 2001

and they serve a purpose in assisting us in finding, courting and marrying foreign brides, and are, as you point out, constructive and informative. "You guys are a bunch of jerks" type posts do nothing of the sort, and even if they are expressing a valid opinion of the writer, have a net zero value to the basic purpose of the board.
cc
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Ambi, you are right on the mark!
Ambi
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Notice something interesting, posted by cc on Feb 19, 2001

I'm glad you've agreed with me, I don't mean to insult anybody but I do notice that happening on a few post.
Mike
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Hi Ambi
   While I agree with what you say that you can't consider all Asians the same, I do I find quite a few elitist and racist, as far as accepting other cultures. My step-brother was dating a Korean, and when her father found out, he made her break off the relationship for 2 years, until he could come to terms with his daughter dating a Caucasian. They are now married, but this is not unusual behaviour. A country's acceptance of other cultures can also be shown through their immigration policies and acceptance of people different than themselves. Outside of Bermuda, Switzerland, and Brunei, the most close-minded, bigoted countries when it comes to allowing Caucasians to immigrate is Asia. Japan, Taiwan, and China do not even have immigration forms available, forget about accepting them. Canada accepts other cultures without question, provides tax money for language protection, cultural centres, and integration. Name me one Asian country that promotes Canadian culture through the offerring of tax money for culture protection inside their own country? There is none. So, no I of course don't believe anything about all Asian women being the same, but I do believe the Asian governments can be considered the same in their unacceptance and unhelpfulness towards other cultures.
Ambi
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Notice something interesting..., posted by Mike on Feb 19, 2001

I agree, asians ARE racist especially Japan, but the irony is they worship anything western! What asian governement is not a reflection of the asian mindset.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: