Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 28, 2024, 07:07:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notice something interesting  (Read 29694 times)
Ambi
« on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I seemed to notice that whoever happens to disagree with some of your opinions you call them a troll or a flamer.  What's the purpose of a discussion board if people can't express their view CONSTRUCTIVELY even if those views are opposite to what you believe in.  Are only people who approve of and are married to asian women allowed to post their views on here? Some of you have to live in the real world, not all people like seeing interractial marriage (I personally don't care, none of my business) but if you try to keep  people from expressing their negativity, you're only deluding yourself.  I can't see the harm in letting people get things off their chest just as long as they don't use swear words(not that his board allows it)or insult anyone.  I have a feeling I'll be  ban from posting on this board as some men don't like the fact that as an asian woman I have an opinion and the tendency to point out pretty stupid generalisation.  People are just people, everybody is the same (expect that women are smarter!that was a joke)I think its great that you guys share information as to how and what to do to find a wife, but what I  find mildy offense is the notion that asian women are somehow different to normal women.  For example one of the poster asks- Do flipino like sex?  it's like asking do all asian look the same? If I get kicked out for saying this, I like to wish you all the best, hope you find what you're looking for, go easy on the sterotypes, treat ANY women with respect and don't make the mistake of thinking that just because she is asian, it means you have to treat her differently.
Cecil
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Hi Ambi,

You should appreciate that men like us who seek a foreign lady as our bride are constantly taking abuse and insults from others.  When we tell people that we plan on marrying a filipina they ask us if we have lost our minds etc.  I even had an AW at work complain to my boss becoz I had a photo of my gf at work.  This forum is a sort of sanctuary if you will where the participants understand and empathasize with us.  If we faced the same racial prejudice and insulting remarks here, we would have no place to turn.  I appreciate any thoughtful insights which you could share with us about asian ladies.  Please remember that most of us are professional men who are not stupid.  Of course, we know that the poverty in the Phils is the primary reason these women seek American penpals.  We know that a 20 year old girl would prefer a husband closer to her age.  We only hope that money is not the only motivating influence.  I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Cecil

Ambi
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Cecil on Feb 19, 2001

I understand your need to have a place where people share the same experiences as yourself, perhaps it gives you some kind of common bond, I don't know. What I seemed to be pointing out is that any slight criticism of you guys, you jump down their throats.  I used to think that it was unethical of a man, any man to go overseas and seek out a woman in poorer countries.  Now, I just realised it's none of my business and I shouldn't try to be so judgemental. If it's so easy to find a wife oversea why can't you find one in the states? you both share the same culture and the same language.  If you like asian women, what's wrong with one who already lives in the states??  Please don't tell me that asian women over the states are corrupted, or they have no morals.  Believe me, there are many asian women in the states or other western countries that holds the same ideals and moral values as their asian in their natives countries.
Cecil
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 21, 2001

Hello Ambi,

I can understand what you are saying.  I am of the opinion that if you wish to write about controversial subjects you should have the courage to leave a real email address.  Some men on this forum believe that one should not say anything negative about the penpal process becoz it may discourage those who are contemplating beginning this process.  I respectfully disagree becoz I believe they should see both the positive and negative and choose for themselves.  We have become sensitve to such criticism becoz there are so many people(feminists, racists, nationalists, etc.) who have a hidden agenda of their own to degrade the process and hence hinder others from starting.  The greatest concern that I personally hold about these relationships  is that I am taking advantage of the poverty of these ladies for my own selfish needs.  I have asked many filipinos who aren't seeking penpals of their thoughts.  Virtually everyone said that the filipina was exploiting me rather than the other way around.  The reason is that Americans and Filipinos have differing values.  Due to our relative wealth, we value beauty, youth, and sensuality.  The filipino values faithfulness, responsibility, honesty, and stability becoz they live in an unstable situation.  They will ask why would a wealthy, successful, professional American man be interested in a poorly educated village girl.  The reason one person is attracted to another can never fully be explained.  I think that human beings are sexually attracted to some one who is different.  I personally have always been attracted to the spanish/oriental mixture of the filipina.  There are two reasons that i would seek a filipina in the Phils rather than an American women.  In America, the filipina that I would date would be about my age whereas the lady in the Phils would be much younger.  I have never been married so I would prefer to marry an a lady who has never been married also.  It is unlikely that you would find many 40 year old never been married ladies in the US.  I am also eager to have my own family (if SteveG doesn't dissuade me with his posts haha).  The 40 year old ladies usually are reluctant to have a family for health reasons but most of the filipinas that I have written to are very eager to have children.  One girl said that she wanted a small family ....only four kids!  I just hope that these ladies are just as wonderful in person as they are in writing!  I am sorry for the long monologue but I hope that you can extract something useful out of it.

Cecil

Ambi
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Cecil on Feb 21, 2001

I agree people are becoming too sensitive to negative comments, I can't cast judgement on your life, but doesn't it bother you that PERHAPS your relationship with a woman from a poverty stricken country is not one of true love?  I'm still young and not cynical enough but I still believe in true love, I want someone to love me for me and not for anyother factors.  I just hope I don't have to wait too long, my batteries are running out. You seemed like a very nice intelligent guy, and I wish you luck in finding THE ONE.
Dave H
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Notice something interes..., posted by Ambi on Feb 21, 2001

Ambi,

Please don't kill that poor little Energizer Bunny. ;o))

Good luck! You are caliente and fiesty. I don't know if anyone but a western man could handle you. ;o) Are you sure you are not Spanish?

Dave H.

Ambi
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It keeps going...and going..., posted by Dave H on Feb 22, 2001

I'm sure I'm not spanish, but I think I may be 1/100000000th Irish, that would explain my ocassional lapse of intelligence
Lori
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Notice something interesting, posted by Cecil on Feb 19, 2001

Totally Cecil. It takes a very strong and confident person to persue a realationship like we are. I get remarks from people everywhere. My family, co-workers etc...a few understand me, or at least they say they do to my face. What they say behind my back is probably another story.
Sometimes I want to come to this board and just vent everything I am feeling.
I know if I would have listened to about 75% of the people I have shared my story with, I would have given up by now. All I can say is that I know what is in my heart. I, after years and years, finally feel at peace with myself, because I know I am doing this because I want to, I need to, for myself, and for my children.
The last thing I want is some troll, coming here, to my safe haven, and telling me that the way I am going about to find a spouse, and a father for my children is wrong and sick.
Anyone who was here around christmas, and watched Harry the Troll do his work on here, knows why  Patrick did what he did. I almost left the board because of him. Everytime I saw his Name posted under mine, it actually gave me goosebumps.
I like coming here And because of this board I know I will be  filing my fiancee visa correctly. I forget how I even stumbled on  to this board, but I know I'll never leave, because after I am done with everything, I want to be able to help others who are just starting out too.
-lori
Mike
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Finally, someone here has spoken the gospel as it truly is. Thank you.
Ray
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Notice something interesting, posted by Ambi on Feb 19, 2001

Well Ambi, you may think that it’s perfectly all right for trolls to come here and play their stupid little games. Like Bear tried to explain to you, they are only here for their own entertainment and to start fights and interrupt the forum Trolls have NO rights as far as I’m concerned.

I am assuming that your post was prompted by the response that “Anonymous” got to his post about the sexual habits of Filipina women. He was treated as a troll because he IS a troll. Anyone who purposely tries to stir up trouble and posts under phony names is a TROLL, plain and simple

Because of idiots like Mike (Misurka), who also posted that stupid message under the name “Anonymous”, the board administrator had to ban a lot of ISPs from posting here. That’s why we have a registration system now. Because of some procedural bugs in the new system, a lot of regular long-time contributors to this forum have not been able to post here for months. So when we see childish fools like Mike(IP 24.112.158.xxx) playing his silly little games, we show no respect for their “right” to express their opinions here. He has had flame posts deleted before and then he is one of the first to cry and whine like a baby because he feels that we don’t respect his opinions.

We generally welcome opposing viewpoints as long as they are presented logically and without insulting flames. Your opinions are always welcome here, but don’t even bother trying to convince us to show respect for trolls. Trolls will get NO respect from me. I suggest you read the board FAQ and posting rules. You can call it censorship or whatever you want, but I guess that’s just a fact of life that You are going to have to learn to live with.

Now you please have a good day.

Ray

Ambi
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No Respect for TROLLS!, posted by Ray on Feb 19, 2001

So by your definitions I am a troll..hmmmm Are trolls pretty? If I am one they they must be DROP DEAD GORGOEUS!I can't see anything wrong with a good debate.  It persuade peoples ideals and get them to question it.
Lori
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: No Respect for TROLLS!, posted by Ambi on Feb 21, 2001

If I remember correctly, you came to this board because you said you had a hard time finding a man.
This is my suggestion, based solely on your responses to this board:
Maybe you are just a little too concieted about yourself. Alot of men do not like women who go around saying, I'm so beautiful, and gorgous. Maybe if you toned it down a bit, you would have more of a variety to choose from.
Just tryin' to help a fellow woman---lori
hmmm....just a question, are you sure you are not american. You sound a little like the AW's the men on this board complain about.
Ambi
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ambi, posted by Lori on Feb 22, 2001

Dave H goes around saying how good he looks in his purple G-string, do you believe him? No? then why do you believe me when I say I'm gorgous?
So are you saying men on this board are afraid of intelligent, outspoken women? IF so I pity them.
Dave H
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: ambi, posted by Ambi on Feb 22, 2001

N/T
Lori
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful!  (n..., posted by Dave H on Feb 22, 2001

I have to admit, that once I dreamed about you in your purple g-string. No, it was not a nightmere, but rather one of those dreams you never quite forget;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: