Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 12:28:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do chickens have feelings?  (Read 5654 times)
Zebson
« on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I thought I had to much time on my hands today, I came accross this article and I started laughing cause they were serious about this new gambling tic,tac toe game, using chickens. Anyway that was quite a crack up...However, then I read further down to PETA's  (sorry, I had no idea these people even existed) reaction and view point and I laughed even more. (I kept wondering what my friends in PI would think). Well if you want something to laugh or just think about regarding some people with Way way way to much time on their hands, read this. Here is an excerpt,
From the PETA Director himself: "They're interesting animals. They're individual animals. They have the capacity for joy and pain and suffering. And to take them away from their families and cram them in these cages, and on their downtime who knows what happens to them"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56895,00.html

Zeb Smiley

Stephen
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do chickens have feelings?, posted by Zebson on Jul 7, 2002

Yes....these PETA types are crazy.

I was reading last week or so about a scientist from Australia who teaches at Princeton.  He says that conservative Christians are some of the major animal rights violaters of our time.  You know why?  Because they teach that mankind is created in the image of God and that there is a great separation between human rights and animal rights.  He said this is a false perception that must be corrected.  He teaches that animals have the same rights as do human begins.

Ohhhhh....by the way....this same scientist from Princeton says that human babies that are deformed should be killed.  (He uses a more politically correct term that "killing".)

It's amazing that some people today are more concerned with how you treat your chicken than how humans are treated.

That's just part of living in modern america.

Stephen

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do chickens have feelings?, posted by Zebson on Jul 7, 2002

Imagine the pain and suffering of being brutally hacked away from your life giving roots just before you become old enough to reproduce. Then imagine your maimed body being put on display on the grocer's shelf for passing people to gawk at and fondle, between showers of water to make you look like you were still alive. Oh the pain! I could just cry! Broccoli are people too! They're less intellignet than a cockroach but more than a fungus! Think about THAT the next time you throw a vital, feeling, living broccoli into a pot of boiling water to die a slow agonizing, painful death.

-- Jeff S.

Michael B
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to So do broccoli, posted by Jeff S on Jul 7, 2002

Cock fighting is cruel! Have broccoli fights instead!
kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: So do broccoli, posted by Michael B on Jul 7, 2002

there'll be the sound of two crooning roosters, whether really two crooning roosters or the synthetic sounds that broccoli can create.

- Kevin

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey Jeff,

ROFLMAO!!! I guess that I won't cook the broccoli cheese soup I was planning for dinner. Do you think it would be OK to drink the water? Shocked)))

Dave H.

bigjiro
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Save the Broccoli!, posted by Dave H on Jul 7, 2002

hey dave, come on now, those broccoli gave the ultimate sacrifice for your dining pleasure. don't let it be in vain.
Dave H
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Save the Broccoli!, posted by bigjiro on Jul 8, 2002

Hey Bigjiro,

Since they already made the sacrifice...no point letting it be in vain. ;o)))

Dave H.

kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

The broccoli has a retaliative defense for he who eats it.

- Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: