Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 03:27:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel like a bishop or something  (Read 1959 times)
The Walker
« on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Vicky went into church to attend mass as usual. No problemo. But the church had to be evacuated because of a gas leak in the main near the church. So Vicky invited the whole congregation to our big patio to have services under the sky.

Now I have a crucifix and a chalise set up on an end table on the brick patio and about 60 of the parishioners sitting listening to the sermon or whatever. The priest is out there in his robes doing whatever it is priests do. If they want to have a confessional they're going to have to use a horse stall in the barn I guess. I offered the priest some of my mulberry wine for the sacrament, but he politely declined, having had some of that jet fuel on other occasions. Said he would be afraid for his flock to drive home after a sip of that stuff. Stuff indeed! That is nectar of the gods. Anyway, he used the stuff he brought with him. I can see them through the window. They are going to have a rough time of it as there are no padded benches to kneel on out there. They are going to be REAL Catholics today.

Vicky called me on her cell to ask if it was okay and I said sure. This place has been used for about everything else from weddings to mock Indian attacks to parties, why not Catholic services? Good thing we have a bunch of folding chairs handy for parties and such. I have to admit it is a fine day for the services. Clear, sunny (they are under the shade of some trees) not too hot yet with a nice breeze and the smell of the flower garden nearby. I guess they could set up a tarp across half the gazebo at the far end of the patio and use that for the confessional, with everyone not involved staying a good distance away. Hang the tarp from the gazebo rafters. We'll see what they do. The dog is attending mass. She went out to supervise all those unfamiliar people on the patio, thinking perhaps a party with food was starting, and stayed for the sermon. She's sitting in the shade by Vicky and appears to be paying attention to the priest, whom she knows and likes (he is a soft touch at meals and she knows it).

Looks like it is winding down. Better go see if they want to try and set up a confessional in the gazebo or wherever.

Don

Michael B
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I feel like a bishop or something, posted by The Walker on Jul 7, 2002

Actualy, they do the confessions the afternoon before, unless it is a real emergency (Like a major illness or life threatening injury), and he HAS to use the wine (and bread) that he brought with him. But thanks for being a good sport about it for her...shows you respect her beliefs.
Dave H
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I feel like a bishop or something, posted by The Walker on Jul 7, 2002

Hi Don,

ROFLMAO! Vicky has turned that dog into a good Catholic. I think Vicky has a big influence over all of the animals and most amazingly...even with you! ;o)))

Dave H.

kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Catholic Dog, posted by Dave H on Jul 7, 2002

Just like St. Francis.  Perhaps they could start an annual St. Francis festival.

- Kevin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: