Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 08:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Munich airport and city  (Read 16515 times)
Albert
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I will be soon making another trip to FSU.  Business, of course, but also will spend lots of time with a lady or ladies, as the case may develop.

I have been to FSU over 20 times, and generally try to go through different cities so I can spend a couple of days sightseeing in a new place.

This trip, I found a good fare and connections through Munich and have already booked.  I spend two nights and one full day there on return trip.

Anyone have advice on good prices and locations for hotel?  I usually like to stay near airport so not too far away when comes time to catch next flight . . . . just to minimize problems with traffic, labor strikes, weather or who knows what.

And what about bus tours, etc.?   I am not at all interested in the nightlife scene.

Streetwise
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Munich airport and city, posted by Albert on Sep 9, 2005

You picked a fortuitous time to visit Munich during the Oktoberfest, if you are there betwen 17Sep and 3Oct. The  beer will the flowing (and unfortunately the rooms will probably be expensive.) The new Munich Airport (about 10 years now) is located a long way from the city, but there is a rail link from the airport. The surrounding area of the airport is quite rural, and the two small local towns are called Friesing and Erding. Many of the hotels serving the airport are in Freising; it's a quaint typical Bavarian town, 5 mins from the airport, not much more than a village as I remember. I stayed there about 10 years ago but can't remember the name of the hotel (it has probably changed hands by now anyway) but as I see, there are several including Marriott, Movenick etc. But it is VERY quiet, and as the rail link is about 20-30 mins I would still head for the city...
europete
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Munich airport and city, posted by Albert on Sep 9, 2005

You might look at this site 'http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/fahrgastinformation/mvv-netz/networkAemaps/index.html'. It shows the S-bahn routes and stops and will show that it easy to get into the center of Munich from the airport. There is an English language guide which will give a lot of information on travelling around Munich. Other sites can give you more information on tours, etc.
I lived in Munich for 20 months, so if you have any other questions I might be able to help. Just ask!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: