Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 03:58:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian English handheld translators  (Read 3550 times)
Albert
« on: September 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

What is the latest on these products?  Is Ectaco the best of the lot?

I see on internet handhelds also by Franklin, Royal, Seiko and Lingo.

Any info on these brands?

Big concern is, as always, do these have ac adaptors and are they universal re accepting 120 and 240 volts?

Ectaco ER 200 DM can be had for $84.95 on Amazon, but apparently it has no ac ability.  How can batteries be recharged.

Ectaco ER 400 can be had for $199 on Amazon.  It mentions ac adaptor, but doesn't tell if it will take both 120 and 240 volts.

Anyone have experience here?

Thanks

RickM
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Russian English handheld translators, posted by Albert on Sep 15, 2005

My opinion is Ectaco it the best and 480er for traveler and 580er (new gold model)for student.
Batteries are usa tripleAAA and last for a year...
I've found that you can actually bargain on the prices with some of the N.Y. Distributors.Give em an offer and your phone number.If they refuse your offer,they'll be calling you back the next day with a lowwer price....FWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: