Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 04:45:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: repetitively seeing "generous" in comments...  (Read 9824 times)
Curious
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

This may seem like a silly question, but during my quest, I am seeing women looking for someone who's "generous". Should one take this for face value and high tail it or is there a differnt meaning. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.......
Albert
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to repetitively seeing "generous"..., posted by Curious on Sep 25, 2005

There are quite a few words mis-used by the FSU gals.  But it is not their fault, it is the fault of the Russian-English translation dictionaries, etc.

Most common is the word greedy.  To westerners, greedy means that you take a lot.
But to FSU gals, greedy means a person who doesn't give much.
The word they should be using is stingy.

So to FSU women, generous is the opposite of their concept of 'greedy.'  So, to them, a generous person is not greedy and will give them a lot in terms of things having monetary value.  But, of course, this covers a lot of territory from the very innocent wish to have a man who can provide the basic necessities of life on the one hand, all the way to the wish to have a rich man who can indulge all their fantasies.  So we really don't know what they want when they specify generous.

Another word that is mis-used is clever.
In the west, clever often refers to a person who is fairly bright, but who uses his/her talents in 'not so honest' ways to make money, etc.  Cunning and clever, etc.

The better translation would be for them to use the word 'intelligent' rather than clever.

However, in the FSU thinking, 'intelligent' covers three concepts: 1) clever (or our smart), 2) educated, 3) cultured.

So it is interesting that FSU women mostly specify they want clever (smart) but rarely specify the educated and cultured part.

Since you cannot ever re-educate all of the women you might write to concerning these slightly 'mis-used' words, the next best thing is to understand what they mean as I have written above.

WmGo
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to repetitively seeing "generous"..., posted by Curious on Sep 25, 2005

"Generous" to FSUW usually means not stingy, not a cheapskate.
Hamlet
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I have seen many women seeking a "clever" man.  Just what do they mean by that?
WmGo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about "clever", posted by Hamlet on Sep 26, 2005

"Clever" means intelligent.

FSUW hate stupid men. To be stupid is to
also  be weak. And there is nothing worse than for a
man to be weak (and stupid).

Bobby Orr
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

The meaning falls into two categories:

A.  generous with one's self / time towards spouse

B.  generous with one's money

I'd pay more attention to the agency than the profiles of the girls.  If the agency is legitimate call them up and ask about the particular girl / girls.  They should be able to give you an opinion on the individual girl(s).  If they can not forget about even writing a girl from that agency because it is probably fat yuri or a picture of a girl with agency words of what they perceive you want to hear.  Go to a target rich environment.  Writing letters could be a huge waste of time.  I know it was for me.  Get on the plane and fly.

Streetwise
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: repetitively seeing "generous&q..., posted by Bobby Orr on Sep 25, 2005

I got talking to a guy from New Zealand last time I was in Kiev; he seemed to have the best approach. He based himself over there for several weeks, renting a cheap apartment, and checked out agency websites from there. So instead of starting a lengthy correspondence with the girls, he could simply invite them for a coffee. This combo seems preferable to hitting on girls in the supermarket!
Beattledog
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: repetitively seeing "generous&q..., posted by Bobby Orr on Sep 25, 2005

That is correct. Just fly and enjoy the trip

Beattledog

PhilMo
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: repetitively seeing "genero..., posted by Beattledog on Sep 25, 2005

Hey There Beattledog,
Sounds like you've done this before ... care to share any details?
I've been over to Ukraine & Russia several times and for the most part to meet/visit 1 girl.  And it's worked fairly well ... had the boyfriend/girlfriend thing for a while with all 3 but for a couple different reasons, I'm still searching for the future Mrs Morris.  So your idea/strategy may be my approach next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: